Woman Let's Go Of Cat To Survive

Old September 18th 04, 07:59 AM
Cat Protector

Are you saying you would have let the cat drown?

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"Adam Helberg" wrote in message
ink.net...
I don't think it's fair for you to make judgements on people in crisis
situations in which their life was at stake, when you're sitting safely by
your computer. And as others have pointed out it would have served no one
if all had drowned.

Adam

Old September 18th 04, 08:06 AM
Cat Protector

I hadn't realized this thread was created to be putting me down. Did your
lifeguard training require put-downs of people here? It is amazing that some
can't discuss a topic without acting like kids. I certainly will not
apologize for my love of my cats. I would not allow them to drown if faced
with that decision.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"Mary" wrote in message
om...
CP would still be deciding if he had the guts to pee his pants
as they *all* went under.

Old September 18th 04, 10:45 AM
MaryL

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
A woman in this story due to the floodwaters caused by Hurricane Ivan
actually let her cat's cage (yes with the cat inside) go so she could
survive. This is horrible. It just goes to show you that some people care
more about themselves in a crisis situation. Her response about the whole
situation of letting her cat go was the following:

""All of these material things I'm thinking about floating down the river
don't mean a hill of beans," she said. "I do miss my kitty, though."

I find it disgusting that there are plenty of people like this who take

such
a passive view. I can only picture with sadness as this cat is meowing and
meowing as he/she floats (or probably went under the water causing the cat
to drown) down the floodwaters while the human waves goodbye. My only hope
is that this woman does not get another cat.

You can read the entire story here.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...d=519&ncid=716

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

Did you read the full story? I can't imagine how devastating it would be to
face something like this. One of my greatest fears has always been that I
would lose one of my cats in something like a fire or flood and not be able
to save it. At the same time, the man and woman in this article had stepped
out of their truck only to find that the vehicle had actually been floating
because they were in water over their heads. According to the article, they
swam as hard as they could and managed to grab a floating propane tank. In
rapidly swirling water like that, how could the woman possibly hold the
cat's carrier or even open it? She was probably hanging on as hard as she
could to avoid being washed away. Flood waters are unbelievably powerful,
and I don't see how any of us can really say what we could or would do in
those circumstances. I do think her remark about "missing her kitty" was
entirely too cavalier, but we also do not know if she was accurately quoted
or what her state of mind was at the time, considering what she had been
through.
http://tinyurl.com/66feb

MaryL

Old September 18th 04, 11:09 AM
IBen Getiner

Subject: Woman Let's Go Of Cat To Survive

reader.com!newsfeed.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp!newsfeed.icl.net!proxad.net!newsfe
ed.stueberl.de!peer01.cox.net!cox.net!p01!okepread 06.POSTED!53ab2750!not-f
or-mail
From: "Cat Protector"
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:51:25 -0700

A woman in this story due to the floodwaters caused by Hurricane Ivan
actually let her cat's cage (yes with the cat inside) go so she could
survive. This is horrible. It just goes to show you that some people care
more about themselves in a crisis situation. Her response about the whole
situation of letting her cat go was the following:

""All of these material things I'm thinking about floating down the river
don't mean a hill of beans," she said. "I do miss my kitty, though."

I find it disgusting that there are plenty of people like this who take such
a passive view. I can only picture with sadness as this cat is meowing and
meowing as he/she floats (or probably went under the water causing the cat
to drown) down the floodwaters while the human waves goodbye. My only hope
is that this woman does not get another cat.

Oh, yes... I agree... How selfish human beings can become at a time when their
lives are on the line. Selfish vermin swine.

Look, tweedle-dee.... If you were the size of a mouse, your own cat would EAT
YOU. Believe that.

IBen Getiner
Old September 18th 04, 11:09 AM
IBen Getiner

From: "Cat Protector"
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Old September 18th 04, 11:36 AM
Wendy

[...]

On the few occasions when I had personal knowledge about a story published
in the newspaper they got the story wrong every time. Some mistakes were
worse than others but in every case there was an inaccurate statement or
quote. We don't know if this woman said something between saying her
property wasn't important and saying she missed her cat. We also don't know
if she elaborated about her feelings about the cat and that wasn't included.

Her inclination was to save the cat or it wouldn't have been in the truck
with her. It makes sense to have the cat confined so if it freaked out it
couldn't get away. Once they realized the truck was floating there probably
wasn't time to roust the cat out of the cage/carrier or she still felt the
cat would be safer confined so it wouldn't leap out of her arms into the
flood waters. Maybe by that time she was so scared she just couldn't think
straight. Maybe in those circumstances there is no thinking straight.

It's hard to say what one would do in her position. None of us was there.
I'm sure all of us would do the best we could to save our guys but who knows
whether we would be able to save them or not.