[RB] Goodbye, Katie

Old February 28th 04, 05:10 PM
John F. Eldredge

Default [RB] Goodbye, Katie

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
http://pgp.mit.edu

Old February 28th 04, 05:17 PM
Annie Wxill

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message
Unfortunately, I had to have Katie put to sleep. ... I knew that

adopting older
cats meant that I would have a relatively short time with them, but I
hope that Cinders still has several years of life ahead of her.
John F. Eldredge --

Condolences to you and Cinders on the loss of Katie.
Annie

Old February 28th 04, 05:23 PM
jmcquown

John F. Eldredge wrote:
Unfortunately, I had to have Katie put to sleep. She turned out to
have cancer that had spread to multiple locations. The vet estimated
that she probably had only two or three more weeks to live. She
didn't appear to currently be in any pain, only weak, but I decided
to spare her the pain that would probably come before the end.

I adopted Katie only about 8 months ago, along with her "adoptive
sister", Cinders. The two cats weren't siblings, but had been
together since Cinders was a young kitten. Cinders is now about 9
years old; Katie was 10. Cinders will now probably search the house
for a while, wondering where Katie went. I knew that adopting older
cats meant that I would have a relatively short time with them, but I
hope that Cinders still has several years of life ahead of her.

Oh how sad! I'm so sorry, John. But it's better that Katie didn't suffer.
I hope Cinders is okay; you need to pay special attention to Cinders now,
more than ever. Purrs and cat-hugs to you and Cinders.

Jill

Old February 28th 04, 05:26 PM
Marina

"John F. Eldredge" wrote

Unfortunately, I had to have Katie put to sleep.

I am so very sorry to hear that, John, but it was the best thing to do. She
will not be suffering any longer. Soothing purrs for you and Cinders and the
holes in your hearts.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old February 28th 04, 05:35 PM
lewe

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message
Unfortunately, I had to have Katie put to sleep. She turned out to
have cancer that had spread to multiple locations. The vet estimated
that she probably had only two or three more weeks to live. She
didn't appear to currently be in any pain, only weak, but I decided
to spare her the pain that would probably come before the end.

I adopted Katie only about 8 months ago, along with her "adoptive
sister", Cinders. The two cats weren't siblings, but had been
together since Cinders was a young kitten. Cinders is now about 9
years old; Katie was 10. Cinders will now probably search the house
for a while, wondering where Katie went. I knew that adopting older
cats meant that I would have a relatively short time with them, but I
hope that Cinders still has several years of life ahead of her.

sorry to hear about Katie.
Purrs for Cinders and you.
We will light a candle for her passing to the RB.
Best
Lena
--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old February 28th 04, 05:56 PM
Victor Martinez

I am so sorry to hear this. Purrs for Katie's trip to the RB.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 28th 04, 06:21 PM
Adrian

John F. Eldredge wrote:

Unfortunately, I had to have Katie put to sleep. She turned out to
have cancer that had spread to multiple locations. The vet estimated
that she probably had only two or three more weeks to live. She
didn't appear to currently be in any pain, only weak, but I decided
to spare her the pain that would probably come before the end.

I adopted Katie only about 8 months ago, along with her "adoptive
sister", Cinders. The two cats weren't siblings, but had been
together since Cinders was a young kitten. Cinders is now about 9
years old; Katie was 10. Cinders will now probably search the house
for a while, wondering where Katie went. I knew that adopting older
cats meant that I would have a relatively short time with them, but I
hope that Cinders still has several years of life ahead of her.

I'm so terribly sorry John, 8 months isn't a long time but it's more than
enough to grow to love a cat. I will light a candle for Katie and sed purrs
for you and Cinders.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy, Milo & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old February 28th 04, 06:23 PM
Jeanne Hedge

I am so sorry to hear this. Having been through something similar with
a senior cat just last year, I know how shocking the suddeness of this
must be for you, but I think you've made the right decision for her.

Purrs for Katie as she crosses the Bridge, and for you and Cinders
too.

Regards,

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 11:10:59 -0600, John F. Eldredge

Old February 28th 04, 07:35 PM
Steve Touchstone

wrote:

Unfortunately, I had to have Katie put to sleep. She turned out to
have cancer that had spread to multiple locations. The vet estimated
that she probably had only two or three more weeks to live. She
didn't appear to currently be in any pain, only weak, but I decided
to spare her the pain that would probably come before the end.

snip
Lighting a candle for her trip to the RB. She may have only been with
you a short time, but I know how quickly they can get under your skin,
so purrs for the hoomins and her step-sister
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old February 28th 04, 07:37 PM
Dan M

Unfortunately, I had to have Katie put to sleep. She turned out to
have cancer that had spread to multiple locations. The vet estimated
that she probably had only two or three more weeks to live. She
didn't appear to currently be in any pain, only weak, but I decided
to spare her the pain that would probably come before the end.

I am *so* sorry, John! Having had to make that decision for my
furfriends before I can well appreciate how painful it is. But I also
realize that it's often the kindest, most loving thing we can do.

Purrs from us that you'll be able to find comfort.