FIre & The Missing Cat

Old November 9th 03, 03:37 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 21:30:46 GMT, (Ginger-lyn
Summer) wrote:

I called my ex-husband, Victor, recently (we are good friends still),
and he was in shock. He had just found out a spark from a welder's
torch (they were working on the fire escape, of all ironies) had set
his apartment on fire. Luckily, the fire department got there in a
reasonable amount of time; they said 10 minutes later, and the entire
building would have been gone.

They managed to save Floyd, Victor's cat, but Floyd is one of those
very cranky and temperamental cats. One firefighter had him, but when
he handed him to a second firefighter, Floyd freaked out and started
biting and scratching, so the firefighter put him down on the ground,
where he promptly disappeared.

Victor was worried sick, I'm sure. I gave him some ideas, and send
out heavy-duty prayers to Bast.

Halloween night, Victor heard what sounded like a kitty in trouble.
He'd never heard Floyd in trouble before, so he couldn't be sure it
was him. But he called out to him, and got a response. He kept up
the calling/responding until he found him. Unfortunately, Floyd,
having been traumatized, was pretty freaked and skittish, and kept his
distance. Victor got some of his food and tossed some near him. At
oe point, Floyd took over over a fence and Victor was terrified he'd
lost him. But he went over to the fence, and stuck his hand over it
with a handful of cat food in it. Next thing he knew, Floyd was
there, sniffing his hand, and then rubbing all over it. He got him
back to his new apartment, and although Floyd is showing signs of
being traumatized, he is now starting to get back to normal.

Very scary, but a happy ending, thank the stars!

Ginger-lyn

Glad to hear that Floyd was found. Purrs that he'll recover fully and
get over being skittish
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old November 9th 03, 05:06 AM
Marina

"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote

Very scary, but a happy ending, thank the stars!

Very scary, indeed. Many soothing purrs and matloaf meditations for Floyd to
recover from his trauma soon.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 9th 03, 09:50 AM
Gizela

Purrs for Victor and Floyd

what a delightful name for a cat!!

Purrs

Angela amd Gizmo

Old November 9th 03, 10:43 AM
polonca12000

I'm so very glad Floyd is back with Victor where he belongs. That must have
been really scary.
Purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snipNext thing he knew, Floyd was

Old November 9th 03, 10:46 AM
polonca12000

That's terrible! I'm so relieved nobody got hurt.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Takayuki" wrote in message
snipHe asked me if I had some WD-40 (a spray
lubricant). I did, so I brought a can of it to him. I cautioned him
that he was holding an open flame, and I was handing him a can of
WD-40. He mumbled an acknowledgement and proceeded to spray the pipe
with lubricant while the blowtorch was still lit! A section of the
wall behind the pipe burst into flame.

snip

Old November 9th 03, 03:05 PM
marika

"Gizela" u wrote in message ...
Purrs for Victor and Floyd

what a delightful name for a cat!!

i think i will name my next one nigerian spam or maybe 2pac shakur

mk5000

"Today's rappers still have to compete with Tupac. He's released a new
album almost every year, and they
are all incredible. It makes you think, 'He is way more talented than
we ever
got to see. Imagine what he could have done if he had lived.' When
people
realized that he had all of that material, he got respect. It made him
even
bigger in death."--Mimi Valdes, editor in
chief of Vibe magazine