First Snooch pictures

Old November 10th 09, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

Default First Snooch pictures

Short on time, I still managed to fix the camera, snap three pics, and
throw this page together. It's on my home server:
72.173.5.66:9000/tdavis/cats/snooch/

The IP address is variable and the temporary name URL is worse:
72-173-5-66.cust.wildblue.net:9000/tdavis/cats/snooch/

I put the server on port 9000 so the spiders don't find it.

I still don't know what to call his color - in addition to the features I
mentioned on the page, he has a red splotch on the inside of his right
foreleg.

I had the perfect opportunity to take better pictures last night, but my
camera was dead. I guessed (correctly) that it was the eight year old
battery for the settings memory. I got a new one on the way home and it
works fine now. Actually, both batteries were dead, but I had spares for
the big rechargable one (but none for the 3 volt coin cell).

Enjoy.

--

T.E.D. )

Old November 10th 09, 04:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Ted Davis wrote:
Short on time, I still managed to fix the camera, snap three pics, and
throw this page together. It's on my home server:
72.173.5.66:9000/tdavis/cats/snooch/

The IP address is variable and the temporary name URL is worse:
72-173-5-66.cust.wildblue.net:9000/tdavis/cats/snooch/

I put the server on port 9000 so the spiders don't find it.

I still don't know what to call his color - in addition to the features I
mentioned on the page, he has a red splotch on the inside of his right
foreleg.

Are you sure it's a he? Sounds like too many colours in one cat to be a
male. It's a bit like my sister's (female) cat, Ronja. She is kind of
brown tabby in places, but has surprising red blotches here and there,
most notably on each flank.

Whatever the gender, this is a very cute cat!

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old November 10th 09, 07:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Ted Davis wrote:

Short on time, I still managed to fix the camera, snap three pics, and
throw this page together. It's on my home server:
72.173.5.66:9000/tdavis/cats/snooch/

What a sweet face!! Great pics.

Joyce

--
Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good
many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia.
Old November 10th 09, 07:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Short on time, I still managed to fix the camera, snap three pics, and
throw this page together. It's on my home server:
72.173.5.66:9000/tdavis/cats/snooch/

Are you sure it's a he? Sounds like too many colours in one cat to be a
male. It's a bit like my sister's (female) cat, Ronja. She is kind of
brown tabby in places, but has surprising red blotches here and there,
most notably on each flank.

Actually, from the pictures, it doesn't look like he has any real red
(ie, orange) like a calico or tortie would have. He has some brownish
fur that might have gold/copper highlights, but that might just be agouti
hairs. (I think I have that right - the hairs that create the stripe
effect.)

Of course, the photos don't show every area of fur, so maybe he's really
a torbie and really a she!

Whatever the gender, this is a very cute cat!

He really is adorable - what a sweet, round face.

Joyce

Old November 10th 09, 12:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Ted Davis wrote:
[...]

He's very handsome, I hope he's less scared now.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old November 10th 09, 03:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 05:16:42 +0200, Marina wrote:

Ted Davis wrote:
Short on time, I still managed to fix the camera, snap three pics, and
throw this page together. It's on my home server:
72.173.5.66:9000/tdavis/cats/snooch/

The IP address is variable and the temporary name URL is worse:
72-173-5-66.cust.wildblue.net:9000/tdavis/cats/snooch/

I put the server on port 9000 so the spiders don't find it.

I still don't know what to call his color - in addition to the features
I mentioned on the page, he has a red splotch on the inside of his right
foreleg.

Are you sure it's a he? Sounds like too many colours in one cat to be a
male. It's a bit like my sister's (female) cat, Ronja. She is kind of
brown tabby in places, but has surprising red blotches here and there,
most notably on each flank.

Whatever the gender, this is a very cute cat!

I had the same question, but sunday night I got a chance to examine him
throughly - his rear end surely *looks* male ... very male. I have and
have had other male cats with reddish undertones and facial markings. I
just don't know.

--
T.E.D. )

Old November 10th 09, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:09:59 +0000, Adrian wrote:

He's very handsome, I hope he's less scared now.

He is. I screwed three wood strips over the outside cat flap before I
brought him in - he went nuts when he discovered he couldn't get out, but
a couple of squirts of water broke that up.

He still has issues with Fleagor, Curly, Ozy, and Mudpie, but gets along
well with the others. I think all of them were in at one time or another
last night - I certainly spent enough time opening doors to let them in
and out.

It was mostly quiet after I went to bed, except for Curly complaining
about Snooch ... or something else - it wouldn't be Curly if he wasn't
complaining about something. He ate several times. I think last night
was the first time in a week or so that he was not hungry, not thirsty,
and not cold. He's not hiding much now, and often walks around with his
tail held straight up (that's a good sign).

--
T.E.D. )

Old November 11th 09, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 20:00:16 -0600, Ted Davis wrote:

[...]

He's a very handsome kitty. Thank you so much for giving him a home;
when he calms down a bit, he will thank you as well(!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein
Old November 26th 09, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 23:20:46 +0000, Gandalf wrote:

He's a very handsome kitty. Thank you so much for giving him a home; when
he calms down a bit, he will thank you as well(!)

He's a lot calmer tonight. I blocked the cat flap and he's been inside
for over 24 hours now. He's no longer hiding, and is getting along with
most of the cats except Curly - even Fleagor seems resigned to the fact
that he's here to stay.

He even jumped up into my lap this evening. He *really* likes being
petted. He also *really* likes eating: after inhaling a bowl of ham
chunks from under Millie's nose, his belly is too full to put anything
else in it, but that hasn't kept him from hanging around the food bowl.

I suspect he hadn't had a real meal in about a week until he got over his
terror of being inside with a bunch of other cats and was able to eat more
than he had previously even had access to. That sentence is awkward - I
hope it's clear enough. I'm having trouble thinking right now because I
am preocccpied with typing with Fleagor lying
across both wrists and poking the keyboard ( his butt is on the mouse).

--

T.E.D. )