Fire danger in Texas

Old April 19th 11, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Default Fire danger in Texas

The newscast said east Texas has forest wild fires.
We are sending purrs for rain to help put them out. We are also purring
for the safety of those who fight the fires. MLB
Old April 20th 11, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

hopitus wrote:
On Apr 19, 11:33 am, MLB wrote:
The newscast said east Texas has forest wild fires.
We are sending purrs for rain to help put them out. We are also purring
for the safety of those who fight the fires. MLB

It has rained all yesterday, all night, and half of today. We are in
hog heaven
and my happiest thing is that the air outside doesn't stink like smoke
anymore.
The bad news: in two days it will be all dried up, again.
The good news: in spite of this craziness of weather spring flowers
and plants
are in sight all over the area.
There are two species of flowers I never thought I'd see again when I
moved
he bouganvilla and roses. Both thrive here, I dunno why.
Reminds me of that old Bette Midler song. Can't remember the name, but
it
meant nothing where I came from (about a rose emerging from frozen
ground)
it means a lot here, LOL.

Song: The Rose I haven't heard it in years. I always liked it. MLB
Old April 20th 11, 03:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

hopitus wrote:
On Apr 19, 11:33 am, MLB wrote:
[...]

++++
"Just remember in the winter beneath the bitter snows
Lies the seed that with the sun's love
In the spring becomes the rose"

With luck that may happen here! Best wishes. MLB

Old April 20th 11, 03:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Apr 19, 8:47*pm, MLB wrote:
hopitus wrote:
On Apr 19, 11:33 am, MLB wrote:
[...]

I love that song.
As for rain, we will get the freezing kind tomorrow. I dread that more
than
snow. May have to sprinkle some cat litter to get some traction if I
venture out.
Old April 20th 11, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Winnie wrote:
On Apr 19, 8:47 pm, MLB wrote:
hopitus wrote:
On Apr 19, 11:33 am, MLB wrote:
[...]

Be very careful -- black ice is dangerous. MLB

Old April 20th 11, 01:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Apr 19, 10:47*pm, MLB wrote:
Winnie wrote:
On Apr 19, 8:47 pm, MLB wrote:
hopitus wrote:
On Apr 19, 11:33 am, MLB wrote:
[...]

Thanks. The wind is howling with a wind gust of 63km/hr
There is a winter storm warning.
So I will stay put at home.
Old April 20th 11, 01:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Apr 20, 1:18*pm, Winnie wrote:

Thanks. The wind is howling with a wind gust *of 63km/hr
There is a winter storm warning.
So I will stay put at home.-

The more I hear about American weather the happier I am to be in
England! We don't get extremes of weather, today is a lovely spring
day

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 20th 11, 02:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"hopitus" wrote in message

On Apr 19, 11:33 am, MLB wrote:
[...]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No rain here. I live in East Texas, and it is still extremely dry. Our
county
has now been placed on a fire ban/alert. There are wild fires in most
counties of the state (but nothing close to me, at this point--not even
smoke).

MaryL

Old April 20th 11, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

hopitus wrote:
On Apr 20, 7:16 am, "MaryL" wrote:
"hopitus" wrote in message

On Apr 19, 11:33 am, MLB wrote:

[...]

Glad you're ok. I live on outskirts of MileHigh but in urban setting
nowhere
near any of the fires, but if the fires are large enough (and two are)
the
strong winds bring us the gifts of smoke smell and fog (I like fog;
English
people I knew told me that was what gave them their beautiful
complexions).
Too late for that for me, but any moisture is good moisture around
here.
One fact adding to the dry situation is CO's "snowpack" in the
mountains
was very high where they go skiing (the famous resorts) but very *low*
snowpack on the part that MileHigh gets its water supplies from
runoffs
of the snowpacks in warm weather. Now the water cops (do you believe)
will be patrolling lawn-watering. Luckily they don't patrol condo
decks;
Snaggly and I now have an array of geraniums out there already.

Here in SLC it is a wet, dark and cold day. TuTu just ran to the
sliding glass door in the computer room. I told her she could go out
for a few minutes and opened the door. She sniffed the cold, damp air
and said "I'll stay in where it is warm". Flood warnings and some
actual flooding in the northern cities. Lawns, basements are at risk
although people have been preparing to divert the water.