First Time at Kitty Camp

Old December 29th 04, 04:09 PM
Fat Freddy

Default First Time at Kitty Camp

We were away for ten days and had to put our three cats in a boarding
kennel. We agonized for months over this and even considered canceling
our trip, but as it turned out, we didn't need to worry at all as they
came through the ordeal just fine and are back home is if nothing
happened. They even get along a little better and seem to have bonded
at the Kitty Camp.

They all shared a "suite". In the suite were three houses, three beds,
a cat tree, a couple of litter boxes, some shelves - there were three
levels, and a window that looks outside. Kitty and Smokey stayed
together at first and both squeezed into one hiding house, but as they
got used to the place they each took their own house.

There were lots of cats there. Some stayed in their rooms like Kitty
and Smokey, and some got to roam around like Fluffy.

The two boys, who never lived anywhere except with us are shy with
strangers and spent a lot of time in the hiding houses, and didn't come
out of the suite. Fluffy, who has lived elsewhere before she came to
us, and is more social and friendly toward people, got to come out and
walk around and explore the place, meet the people and other cats, and
go outside into the patio pen.

Even though food is included in the cost, we brought food from home so
they would at least be eating what they were used to. The total cost
for the ten days was $330.
Old December 29th 04, 04:52 PM
Karen

"Fat Freddy" wrote in message
[...]

Wow. THat's very reasonable. Sounds very nice too. Are you in England? They
seem to have these more advanced kinds of catterys. THough, I guess I still
feel good having a sitter come in.

Old December 29th 04, 05:26 PM
Katz

Fat Freddy wrote:

They even get along a little better and seem to have bonded
at the Kitty Camp.

They all shared a "suite".

for the ten days was $330.

Wow! That sounds great. I've only heard of a couple of places like that
around here. And it's wonderful that they responded OK. Years ago, when
^Clyde^ was in the stage of peeing in the house, I was afraid to leave
him for a vacation, so I just boarded him at the vet. (I didn't know
about nice places.) He came home all weirded out. Needed to control his
environment. Asked to go in & out a million times a day for a while. It
was a sad event, & I said I'd never do it again.

Katz

Old December 29th 04, 09:18 PM
Fat Freddy

Wow. THat's very reasonable. Sounds very nice too. Are you in England? They
seem to have these more advanced kinds of catterys. THough, I guess I still
feel good having a sitter come in.

I'm in Sacramento, CA. The place I took them is called "Pat's Place for
Cats". It's been around since 1978.

I looked at several other places. Some were newer and more modern, but
they were basically just cages. One had glass enclosures. This was all
very sterile and was like being in the hospital or some kind of
scientific research facility.

A couple of places I looked at also took dogs and the cats could hear
them barking. I would think that would be very stressful to the cats.

Pat's Place had cats walking around, and generally the "guests" didn't
seem too upset or depressed like I had seen at other places. It really
seemed to be more like a "Camp for Cats" than just a place to store
your cats while you're out of town
Old December 29th 04, 09:38 PM
Victor Martinez

Fat Freddy wrote:
Even though food is included in the cost, we brought food from home so
they would at least be eating what they were used to. The total cost
for the ten days was $330.

That's not bad, where are you located?

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 29th 04, 11:19 PM
Brigitte

"Fat Freddy" wrote in message
Wow. THat's very reasonable. Sounds very nice too. Are you in England?

They
seem to have these more advanced kinds of catterys. THough, I guess I

still
feel good having a sitter come in.

I'm in Sacramento, CA. The place I took them is called "Pat's Place for
Cats". It's been around since 1978.

Thanks. We have a place in El Dorado Hills, CA. This place would be great
for us, as we take several trips a year to Nebraska. In the winter, taking
the cats isn't always easy.

Brigitte

Old December 30th 04, 01:49 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Fat Freddy had some very interesting things to say
about First Time at Kitty Camp:

A couple of places I looked at also took dogs and the cats could hear
them barking. I would think that would be very stressful to the cats.

I'm guessing my cat would be stressed by that only if he didn't get to
meet the dogs. :-)

Luck Kitty Rescue xxxxx Cats - misc 0 December 26th 04 09:02 PM
Picture of my kitty..... Gandalf Cat anecdotes 22 May 8th 04 04:43 PM
Yu noze, I furgotz tu tellz yurownselfz abowt da TROODUR KITTY... Amelia T Cat Cat community 6 February 28th 04 11:13 AM
Kitty Wants Inside more Hailey Cat health & behaviour 18 February 15th 04 07:54 AM