"Putting on Make-up with Mommy"

Old June 30th 04, 12:50 AM
Caroline S.

OMG This was wonderful!
I made the mistake of starting to read it during my Professional
Responsibility class (I'm in law school). We were discussing all sorts of
serious things such as, well, now I can't remember what we were discussing.
I had to stop reading because I couldn't really suppress the laughter
without faking a coughing fit of TB proportions. But, it kept calling me
back. After the third failed attempt to suppress the smiles, I had to scold
myself into putting the NG away for the rest of the class.
If I fail, it's all your fault! ;-)

-Caroline S.

hilarious story regretfully snipped

Old June 30th 04, 02:41 AM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes",
(CatNipped) artfully composed this message
within . com on 29
Jun 2004:

http://www.gcmensa.org/Cats.html (Jessie, Demi, Bandit)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy/ (Sammy)

Your cats are beautiful! I really liked the pic of Jessie dangling;
that reminds me of Shamrock, also a clown. He's the only cat who
makes my dad smile, and he's not a cat person at all. Shamrock will
run across the room, climb the cat tree and either over shoot it and
fall off the back, or do a mad-scramble chin-up to get back on the
perch and then look at you as if to say "I meant to do that".
Sammy is a fuzzy cutie.

--
Cheryl

Old June 30th 04, 07:14 AM

"CatNipped" wrote:

http://www.gcmensa.org/Cats.html (Jessie, Demi, Bandit)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy/ (Sammy)

What gorgeous kitties! Demi is lovely - very elegant and feminine
looking. But I admit I have a special fondness for stripey shorthairs
like Jessie. She's so adorable! I love the shot of her sleeping on
the back of the couch.

My girl Roxy looks a lot like her, except without the orange:
http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/...y_perfect.html

(Keep clicking next through the next 9 pics to see several photos
of her.)

Sammy's a miniature Bandit - no wonder Bandit lets her cuddle up! Is
that why you call her "Mini Me"? Sammy looks like trouble - big
trouble. A hoolikitten with wild fur all over the place. And I don't
buy those innocent eyes for a second - she's plotting something, you
can see it.

Your son-in-law must have earned major points for that kitty condo!

Joyce

Old June 30th 04, 07:54 PM
polonca12000

Thanks for the laugh - that's a keeper!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"CatNipped" wrote in message
om...
Cast of characters:

Sammy - 2 1/2 month old kitten
Mommy - MUCH older human

Mommy enters bathroom, sits on stool in front of sink, turns on
lighted, magnified make-up mirror and takes out make-up case. Mommy
pulls out liquid foundation make-up, takes off top, pours some make-up
into palm of hand, puts down make-up bottle on sink rim, and begins to
apply make-up to face.

snip