Ping: NMR

Old January 6th 06, 10:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Ping: NMR

Could you possibly start bottom-posting and trimming out text from the
original posts & replies which you deem irrelevant to yours? I've scrolled
past your top-posts many times looking for what you have to say, only to
realize oh that's right, it's at the top

Jill

Old January 6th 06, 10:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default NMR

jmcquown wrote:
Could you possibly start bottom-posting and trimming out text from the
original posts & replies which you deem irrelevant to yours? I've
scrolled past your top-posts many times looking for what you have to
say, only to realize oh that's right, it's at the top

Jill

I don't know, Jill. A lot of people on this NG top post. I also do it
occasionally, depending on what type of post I'm making. I never
thought that it was a problem and that we are all pretty casual here.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old January 6th 06, 10:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:

jmcquown wrote:
Could you possibly start bottom-posting and trimming out text from the
original posts & replies which you deem irrelevant to yours? I've
scrolled past your top-posts many times looking for what you have to
say, only to realize oh that's right, it's at the top

Jill

I don't know, Jill. A lot of people on this NG top post. I also do it
occasionally, depending on what type of post I'm making. I never
thought that it was a problem and that we are all pretty casual here.

Not to mention that he is not the only person here who top-posts.

Joyce - who'd prefer to read a top-posted message over one that has
4 screenfuls of quoted text followed by "LOL!"
Old January 6th 06, 01:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hans
:-)

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Old January 6th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hans Schrøder wrote:
Hans
:-)

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

ROFLMAO

Old January 6th 06, 01:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Ping: NMR - SCREW JMCQUOWN

jmcquown wrote:
Could you possibly start bottom-posting and trimming out text from the
original posts & replies which you deem irrelevant to yours? I've scrolled
past your top-posts many times looking for what you have to say, only to
realize oh that's right, it's at the top

Jill

Grrrrrrr

NMR is the most cheerful, quality posting soul on here (next to me)

NMR, DON'T PAY THIS WEED MONKEY NO MIND

post where you want!!!

LET HER SULK! IF SHE WAS OUT EARNING MONEY RATHER THAN RIDING DADDY'S
COAT TAIL THEN SHE WOULDN'T HAVE TIME TO NOTICE THE ARRANGEMENT OF YOUR
POSTS

I personally read all of Matts post, cause he is positive and cheeful
and well...
he is real.
yeah

all jill posts is something about an orange cat meatloafing around her
one little secion of privacy fence

shes got TOO MUCH TIME on her hands.

yeah

Old January 6th 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

I know other people top post but not consistently. As for the screens of
quoted text, that's why I suggested trimming. I keep missing stuff because
I immediately PgDn to the bottom to read a reply and then don't find it. It
wasn't a criticism, merely a request

Jill

well there's your answer when you get to Matts contribution

STOP PAGING DOWN!

have a bowl of oatmeal

Old January 6th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"badwilson" wrote:

jmcquown wrote:
Could you possibly start bottom-posting and trimming out text from the
original posts & replies which you deem irrelevant to yours? I've
scrolled past your top-posts many times looking for what you have to
say, only to realize oh that's right, it's at the top

I don't know, Jill. A lot of people on this NG top post. I also do it
occasionally, depending on what type of post I'm making. I never
thought that it was a problem and that we are all pretty casual here.

Like Jill, I have trouble locating a top post, particularly if
it is a one-liner. I always assume that one black line at the
top is the attribution line. I probably only read one in ten of
NMR's messages. For those who feel compelled to top post, I
recommend more spacing -- at least one line above your
contribution and at least two below.

Bottom posting is, of course, the preferred method on Usenet.
But if you leave a whole screen-full or more of the original
post in your message, it hardly matters whether you top post or
bottom post. My preference would be, if you can't be bothered
to cut out the excessive quoted material, don't top post and
don't bottom post -- just DON'T POST.

My newsreader puts the quoted material in a different color from
the new material. If I open a message and all I see is blue, I
don't bother to go looking for the actual content. It isn't
worth it. I just hit the next key.

--

Wayne M.
Old January 6th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Wayne Mitchell" wrote in message
Bottom posting is, of course, the preferred method on Usenet.
But if you leave a whole screen-full or more of the original
post in your message, it hardly matters whether you top post or
bottom post. My preference would be, if you can't be bothered
to cut out the excessive quoted material, don't top post and
don't bottom post -- just DON'T POST.

My newsreader puts the quoted material in a different color from
the new material. If I open a message and all I see is blue, I
don't bother to go looking for the actual content. It isn't
worth it. I just hit the next key.

--

Wayne M.

Really? I had always snipped messages to include just the comment I was
answering, but a lot of people here think it's rude to snip posts
(especially when you're in disagreement with someone because then you can be
accused of selective editing to make the other person seem to say things
they didn't mean).

--

Hugs,

CatNipped