First Snow!

Old October 11th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

Default First Snow!

It got down to 33 last night and we woke up to a heavy wet snow. But
there wasn't too much of it, thank goodness. By noon the sun was out
and it was melting rapidly.

But I knew it might freeze, so I had been out the evening before and
cut several long branches of catnip. As soon as I brought them in, I
had a VERY interested audience! I had to be quick about sticking the
branches in a wire cage for drying; but Robin managed to snag a couple
leaves anyway. Then I had to put the cage up high and then block the
path to would-be jumpers.

And it didn't freeze after all the snow didn't hurt anything.

--
CATherine
Old October 11th 06, 02:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
krazy

It got down to 33 last night and we woke up to a heavy wet snow. But
there wasn't too much of it, thank goodness. By noon the sun was out
and it was melting rapidly.

But I knew it might freeze, so I had been out the evening before and
cut several long branches of catnip. As soon as I brought them in, I
had a VERY interested audience! I had to be quick about sticking the
branches in a wire cage for drying; but Robin managed to snag a couple
leaves anyway. Then I had to put the cage up high and then block the
path to would-be jumpers.

And it didn't freeze after all the snow didn't hurt anything.

UGH

It is calling for some snow mixed with rain here in Michigan towards
the end of the week.

I hope it holds off a bit because I still have a couple younger strays
I am working on catching before winter really sets in.

Old October 11th 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

What is snow

The only large amount of white stuff that comes around Florida gets your 20
to 30 years with bubba

Old October 11th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
krazy

What is snow

The only large amount of white stuff that comes around Florida gets your 20
to 30 years with bubba

HEE HEE HEE

Funny one.

Old October 12th 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 13:15:41 GMT, krazy wrote:

[...]

I hope you do catch them before the weather gets too bad. Maybe a
dusting fo snow might make them easier to catch and bring into a nice
Warm place! :-)

--
CATherine
Old October 12th 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
krazy

[...]

I have been feeding them and they are living under an abandoned house
so they have some protection from the elements plus they have each
other. The worst part is that one of them has a collar on and it
looks like it is starting to get tight. So hopefully I can get it
friendly enough to cut it off if nothing else. The way they hang
around that house makes a person wonder if someone moved and left them
behind.

I would use a live trap but the area of town it is in the trap most
likely would not last there more then a couple hours and I do not live
by there. I seen them while going to my daughter's. Be honest I do
not even feel TOO safe being there myself!!

Old October 12th 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:01:54 GMT, krazy wrote:

[...]

Purrs and prayers that you rescue the cats very soon. Please let me
know when you do catch them. That collar worries me.

Stinky litterbox offerings to the abandoner!

--
CATherine
Old October 13th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marie Lawrence

What a contrast ! Hear in Melbourne, Australia, the temperature was 36'6
C. This was a record, and there were bush fires all over the state It is
only Spring, and bodes ill for the coming summer.
Marie in OZ

Old October 13th 06, 07:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

krazy wrote:
[...]

Purrs and prayers for the cats. I hope you can help them out.

Dewi.

Old October 13th 06, 12:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tish

Same in Sydney - tomorrow is forecast to be 37C (near enough to 100F
for it not to matter) and it's still SPRING. O...M...G!

Tish - dreading the up-coming summer