First Snow!

Old October 14th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

Default First Snow!

I sure feel sorry for you. It reminds me of several years ago here. We
got no spring rains and it was hot and dry and then the forest fires
started. That summer was so hot and dry the hay didn't grow and just
browned in the fields.

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 21:54:16 +1000, Tish
wrote:

Same in Sydney - tomorrow is forecast to be 37C (near enough to 100F
for it not to matter) and it's still SPRING. O...M...G!

Tish - dreading the up-coming summer

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:47:04 +1000, "Marie Lawrence"
wrote:

What a contrast ! Hear in Melbourne, Australia, the temperature was 36'6
C. This was a record, and there were bush fires all over the state It is
only Spring, and bodes ill for the coming summer.
Marie in OZ

--
CATherine
Old October 14th 06, 01:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Huh. I guess all the cold and wet weather is on my side of the country.
It has topped out at 16-17C here lately and just a couple of days ago we
had nasty storms and lots of rain. Seems more like winter than spring
over here.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old October 14th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

CATherine wrote:
I sure feel sorry for you. It reminds me of several years ago here. We
got no spring rains and it was hot and dry and then the forest fires
started. That summer was so hot and dry the hay didn't grow and just
browned in the fields.

We get that every year here in Cali.
Now we have chilly nights and hot afternoons.
Very confusing.
I always go out wearing a jacket in the morning,
and curse myself for a fool in the afternoon!

--tension

Old October 14th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"tension_on_the_wire" wrote in message
oups.com...

CATherine wrote:
I sure feel sorry for you. It reminds me of several years ago here. We
got no spring rains and it was hot and dry and then the forest fires
started. That summer was so hot and dry the hay didn't grow and just
browned in the fields.

We get that every year here in Cali.
Now we have chilly nights and hot afternoons.
Very confusing.
I always go out wearing a jacket in the morning,
and curse myself for a fool in the afternoon!

--tension

We always have fits with the kids this time of year. They have to have a
jacket or sweatshirt in the morning, but then lose it about 9am. And being
kids they insist its too cold to wear short sleeves and shirts. But in the
spring that is what they will be wearing when its ten degrees colder.

Jo

Old October 14th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

CATherine wrote:
I sure feel sorry for you. It reminds me of several years ago here. We
got no spring rains and it was hot and dry and then the forest fires
started. That summer was so hot and dry the hay didn't grow and just
browned in the fields.

We get that every year here in Cali.
Now we have chilly nights and hot afternoons.
Very confusing.
I always go out wearing a jacket in the morning,
and curse myself for a fool in the afternoon!

--tension

We always have fits with the kids this time of year. They have to have a
jacket or sweatshirt in the morning, but then lose it about 9am. And being
kids they insist its too cold to wear short sleeves and shirts. But in the
spring that is what they will be wearing when its ten degrees colder.

Jo

Heheh, it's all relative isn't it? Depends what weather
you just left. I remember 10 * Celsius in Canada,
after a bitter winter, felt positively balmy!!

--tension

Old October 16th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
krazy

UGH

It is calling for some snow mixed with rain here in Michigan towards
the end of the week.

I hope it holds off a bit because I still have a couple younger strays
I am working on catching before winter really sets in.

I hope you do catch them before the weather gets too bad. Maybe a
dusting fo snow might make them easier to catch and bring into a nice
Warm place! :-)

I have been feeding them and they are living under an abandoned house
so they have some protection from the elements plus they have each
other. The worst part is that one of them has a collar on and it
looks like it is starting to get tight. So hopefully I can get it
friendly enough to cut it off if nothing else. The way they hang
around that house makes a person wonder if someone moved and left them
behind.

I would use a live trap but the area of town it is in the trap most
likely would not last there more then a couple hours and I do not live
by there. I seen them while going to my daughter's. Be honest I do
not even feel TOO safe being there myself!!

Purrs and prayers that you rescue the cats very soon. Please let me
know when you do catch them. That collar worries me.

Stinky litterbox offerings to the abandoner!

--
CATherine

I got the collar of finally!! I set by the hole they use to go under
house with a can of food and when it got close enough to see what was
up and if it was going to get food I slowly got it to let me scratch
its head but it would not come out. Luckily the end of the collar was
long enough so I could grab it and hold and pull the baby close enough
so I got get at it with a pair of scissors and cut it off. It's neck
looked ok but I think I scared him doing that because now it is
reluctant to get close enough where I can not get him.

Now I will keep feeding and talking to it until I get it's trust and
can nab him and get it off the streets. The only good thing is that
they have a place where they can get out of the elements when it gets
nasty!!

Old October 18th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 00:17:44 GMT, krazy wrote:

[...]

Sorry I didn't answer sooner. My server has been down for a few days.
But I am so glad you got that collar off. Now I will be waiting to
hear when you gain the kittens' trust and can rescue them. Purrs,

--
CATherine
Old October 18th 06, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

Default First Snow! (stray cats under house)

Hi,

I only just read this post. Sorry, I would have replied sooner. Good to
hear that the collar was removed. How's the other stray, you mentioned
that there were two of them. Hope it all goes well. Keep us updated.

Dewi.

Old October 18th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
krazy

There was an orange and white one as well as the tiger one with the
collar. I would say they were both about 1 year old. I have not seen
the orange and white one the last couple days. Hopefully it is just
staying under the house since I have been putting food under there.

I did see the tiger one where my ex lives (About half a block from
where they are) and where I keep wet and dry food put out in several
places out of the elements for a couple adult strays I have never been
able to get as well as the neighbors cats that learned it is there.

Request purrs that I can catch them before it gets too bad!!!