Fire purrs, please

Old October 22nd 03, 08:34 PM
Dan Mahoney

Yoj wrote:
Um, didn't you mean east? I'm about 40 miles west of LA.

Oops! You're right.

Old October 22nd 03, 10:01 PM
polonca12000

This is truly scary!
Lots of purrs, best wishes and hopes for everyone (furry or bare) in danger,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Dan Mahoney" wrote in message
Last month we had a big fire in the Running Springs area (about 5 miles
northeast of Highland. Today we have big fires in Reche Canyon (about 5
miles southwest) and Fontana (about 10 miles northwest).

snip

Old October 22nd 03, 11:37 PM
Yowie

"Dan Mahoney" wrote in message
Last month we had a big fire in the Running Springs area (about 5 miles
northeast of Highland. Today we have big fires in Reche Canyon (about 5
miles southwest) and Fontana (about 10 miles northwest).

The Reche Canyon fire has destroyed 6 homes so foar, and is endangering
over 100 more. It also has resulted in closure of roads in the city of
Moreno Valley, which it is burning towards.

The Fontana fire has consumed over 1000 acres and is nowhere near
contained. Fortunately it is not threatening any homes.

Neither of these fires is threatening Highland.

Purrs would be appreciated for the animals (cats and otherwise) being
impacted by the fire, for the firefighters risking there lives to
contain the fires, and for the humans being displaced by the flames.

Fro, someone who has personally witnessed the damage that bushfires can do,
all of you out there (fur bare) have extra special purrs. Is the air still
breathable wher eyouare? Two years ago, in the height of summer, we had to
close our windows and doors for nearly two weeks to keep the thick, asthma
causing smoke, out. And last year, the bushfires hit Canberra with
devestating effects, and we *still* got the smoke, despit ebeing 250km away.
Bushfires are seriously scarey things.

Those fire fighters are truly Super Heroes, and yet rarely get any media
attention. They truly are the quiet acheived of our communities and also
need special fire fighter purrs of their own.

Yowie

Old October 23rd 03, 12:06 AM
Brenda

"Dan Mahoney" wrote in message
Last month we had a big fire in the Running Springs area (about 5 miles
northeast of Highland. Today we have big fires in Reche Canyon (about 5
miles southwest) and Fontana (about 10 miles northwest).

The Reche Canyon fire has destroyed 6 homes so foar, and is endangering
over 100 more. It also has resulted in closure of roads in the city of
Moreno Valley, which it is burning towards.

The Fontana fire has consumed over 1000 acres and is nowhere near
contained. Fortunately it is not threatening any homes.

Neither of these fires is threatening Highland.

Purrs would be appreciated for the animals (cats and otherwise) being
impacted by the fire, for the firefighters risking there lives to
contain the fires, and for the humans being displaced by the flames.

Dan

absolutely - purrs enroute.
Brenda

Old October 23rd 03, 03:36 AM
Sam Nash

"Dan Mahoney" wrote in message
Last month we had a big fire in the Running Springs area (about 5 miles
northeast of Highland. Today we have big fires in Reche Canyon (about 5
miles southwest) and Fontana (about 10 miles northwest).

The Reche Canyon fire has destroyed 6 homes so foar, and is endangering
over 100 more. It also has resulted in closure of roads in the city of
Moreno Valley, which it is burning towards.

The Fontana fire has consumed over 1000 acres and is nowhere near
contained. Fortunately it is not threatening any homes.

Neither of these fires is threatening Highland.

Purrs would be appreciated for the animals (cats and otherwise) being
impacted by the fire, for the firefighters risking there lives to
contain the fires, and for the humans being displaced by the flames.

Dan

Purrs for the safety of all involved, furred and bare.
Sam

Old October 23rd 03, 05:02 AM
Marina

"Dan Mahoney" wrote

Purrs would be appreciated for the animals (cats and otherwise) being
impacted by the fire, for the firefighters risking there lives to
contain the fires, and for the humans being displaced by the flames.

Many purrs winging their way over the Atlantic for everyone affected by the
fire.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old October 23rd 03, 07:32 AM
Yoj

Yoj wrote:
Um, didn't you mean east? I'm about 40 miles west of LA.

Oops! You're right.

I have that problem all the time. North and south are easy, but east
and west often get turned around. ;-)

Are you in Riverside County? I'm in Ventura County.

Joy

Old October 23rd 03, 04:43 PM
Adrian

Dan Mahoney wrote:
Last month we had a big fire in the Running Springs area (about 5
miles northeast of Highland. Today we have big fires in Reche Canyon
(about 5 miles southwest) and Fontana (about 10 miles northwest).

Purrs for all the animals and people affected.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Old October 23rd 03, 05:50 PM
Dan Mahoney

I have that problem all the time. North and south are easy, but east
and west often get turned around. ;-)

Are you in Riverside County? I'm in Ventura County.

Joy

We used to be in Riverside county (right where Riverside meets Corona),
but we're now in San Bernardino county (Highland is east of San
Bernardino and north of Redlands).

Dan

Purrs for Bootygirl Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 21 September 7th 03 08:51 AM
Fire purrs jen.d Cat anecdotes 12 August 24th 03 11:48 PM
Uninterrupted purrs Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 2 August 24th 03 06:57 AM