Cat With Chronic Soft Stool

Old October 26th 09, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

Default Cat With Chronic Soft Stool

Acidolpulos does not have to be pilled. If you get capsules they can be
opened and the powder mixed with the canned food. I have done this to
prevent soft stools after using antibiotics. It apparently has no
flavor so can't be detected in the food.

Constant changing of foods can lead to soft stools so pick a good canned
food and stick with it.

Don't pay any attention to Barry Parish - he is a kook.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old October 26th 09, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jannie

On Oct 26, 9:24*am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
Acidolpulos does not have to be pilled. *If you get capsules they can be
opened and the powder mixed *with the canned food. *I have done this to
prevent soft stools after using antibiotics. *It apparently has no
flavor so can't be detected in the food.

Constant changing of foods can lead to soft stools so pick a good canned
food and stick with it.

Don't pay any attention to Barry Parish - he is a kook.

* * * * * * * * * ---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

* (44° 15' *N - Elevation 1580')

Thanks Mike, that is what I will do.........I should get it by the end
of the week, anxious to see if it helps.
Old October 26th 09, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Jannie" wrote

Thanks Mike, that is what I will do.........I should get it by the end
of the week, anxious to see if it helps.

It helped my sister! I am not kidding. She was having similar problems
and I bought her the capsules, she took two a day, and boom, no more
problem. For her, yogurt does not work but acidophilus capsules did. They
are not expensive, you can find them in Walmart, Target, everywhere.

Old October 26th 09, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jannie

On Oct 26, 5:18*pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"Jannie" wrote

Thanks Mike, that is what I will do.........I should get it by the end
of the week, anxious to see if it helps.

It helped my sister! I am not kidding. She was having similar problems
and I bought her the capsules, she took two a day, and boom, no more
problem. For her, yogurt does not work but acidophilus capsules did. They
are not expensive, you can find them in Walmart, Target, everywhere.

Mike and Cybercat.........I probably bought stuff that is way
overpriced not knowing what I was doing. This is what I ordered from
some natural pet store site
http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/produc...6-3de37355fd92
Well I will see if it works and if it does, I will just try the stuff
at Walmart, etc. Either that, or I can just run out to Walmart
tomorrow and buy some!!
Old October 27th 09, 12:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Petzl

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 18:18:38 -0400, "cybercat"
wrote:

"Jannie" wrote

Thanks Mike, that is what I will do.........I should get it by the end
of the week, anxious to see if it helps.

It helped my sister! I am not kidding. She was having similar problems
and I bought her the capsules, she took two a day, and boom, no more
problem. For her, yogurt does not work but acidophilus capsules did. They
are not expensive, you can find them in Walmart, Target, everywhere.

I'm a convert to acidophilus/Lactobacillus (both the same basically)
Yogurt while good occasionally. Can sometimes give cat a purge (the
****s/runs) the pill form is the way to go by mixing in food

My cat in around 1987 I found in adjacent "bush land" adjacent my
property in Sydney, Australia as a surviving female kitten. Its mother
and other kittens were killed by a dog (pit bull) She was hissing
biting and scratching, but alone so I took her in, call her Roco
Still alive and annoying (as a cat should be) today. A good reliable
friend

Petzl
Old October 27th 09, 01:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jannie

On Oct 27, 6:16*am, Petzl wrote:
On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 18:18:38 -0400, "cybercat"
wrote:

"Jannie" wrote

[...]

Petzi so glad to hear Roco is still with you after you rescued her so
long ago, hey that would make her 22 years old!!! So do you give her
the acidophilus/Lactobacillus for loose stool?
Old October 27th 09, 01:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jannie

On Oct 26, 5:18*pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"Jannie" wrote

Thanks Mike, that is what I will do.........I should get it by the end
of the week, anxious to see if it helps.

It helped my sister! I am not kidding. She was having similar problems
and I bought her the capsules, she took two a day, and boom, no more
problem. For her, yogurt does not work but acidophilus capsules did. They
are not expensive, you can find them in Walmart, Target, everywhere.

I am new to the group, what is the deal on all these
ads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????? They are so annoying.
Old October 27th 09, 02:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Jannie" wrote in message
On Oct 26, 5:18 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"Jannie" wrote

Thanks Mike, that is what I will do.........I should get it by the end
of the week, anxious to see if it helps.

It helped my sister! I am not kidding. She was having similar problems
and I bought her the capsules, she took two a day, and boom, no more
problem. For her, yogurt does not work but acidophilus capsules did. They
are not expensive, you can find them in Walmart, Target, everywhere.

I am new to the group, what is the deal on all these
ads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????? They are so annoying.

I use Outlook Express so I just right click and block sender. Or just delete
them. Just part of Usenet.

Old October 27th 09, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Petzl

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 05:13:34 -0700 (PDT), Jannie
wrote:

Petzi so glad to hear Roco is still with you after you rescued her so
long ago, hey that would make her 22 years old!!! So do you give her
the acidophilus/Lactobacillus for loose stool?

Not 100% on year? But she is very old, still active. 1987 seems right
my Vet should know for sure

Acidophilus/Lactobacillus I just give about once a month in food.
Cat has never had digestive problems, right now is getting picky with
what food she will eat, wanting something special and different all
the time. I mainly feed her wet food but always have fresh water and
fresh quality dry food on standby

Good luck with your lifelong friend

Petzl