You're very fortunate people here.......... IMPROVEMENT!!!!!!!

Old October 29th 09, 05:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

Default You're very fortunate people here.......... IMPROVEMENT!!!!!!!

"FirstHit" wrote in message
On Oct 25, 10:23 pm, "Kelly Greene" wrote:
~ ~ ~ =*..*=

Thank you for your support. This morning we awoke to find her walking
around the the dining room. She was able to walk in a straight line and
this
was before her Pred. She still tends to go to the left. We don't know if
this improvement will last as she's rallied before only to crash again.
She
ate very well last night and today again. :-) She had three full meals of
FancyFeast mixed with milk and warmed. She can get into the 2" deep old
baking dish we turned into a litter pan. She doesn't seem to be in much if
any pain today. She was purring and seeking constant attention we gave
her.
I only hope it lasts.
--

Me too. Thanks for the update. Please let us know how things
progress, good or bad. It's heartening to see the good signs!

FirstHit

~ ~ ~ =^..^=

She's even doing better today. She was up walking around and ate real well
again. She seems to have trouble hearing but is not deaf. She replies when I
talk to her but when I call her she goes in the wrong direction tilting her
head, looking around. She can hear me but doesn't seem to know where, what
direction my voice is coming from. This may improve. I'm considering taking
her to the other clinic in town if she starts going downhill again but that
place is very expensive and there's no guarantee they'd do any better than
the 1st place. As one friend said, "The Dr. (old vet) retired and the
inmates (young kids out of vet school) are running the asylum." Apparently
people pay for the good reputation of the old vet, the fancy clinic
trimmings, the location etc.

Old October 29th 09, 11:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
FirstHit

On Oct 28, 10:36*pm, "Kelly Greene" wrote:
"FirstHit" wrote in message

[...]

~ ~ ~ *=^..^=

She's even doing better today. *She was up walking around and ate real well
again. She seems to have trouble hearing but is not deaf. She replies when I
talk to her but when I call her she goes in the wrong direction tilting her
head, looking around. She can hear me but doesn't seem to know where, what
direction my voice is coming from. *This may improve. I'm considering taking
her to the other clinic in town if she starts going downhill again but that
place is very expensive and there's no guarantee they'd do any better than
the 1st place. *As one friend said, "The Dr. (old vet) retired and the
inmates (young kids out of vet school) are running the asylum." *Apparently
people pay for the good reputation of the old vet, the fancy clinic
trimmings, the location etc.

Great news. Hopefully, you won't even have to make the decision of
whether to go to the other vet. If you do have to decide, let it be
your own decision. You and the Mrs are the only ones who know all the
circumstances.

I think you've been very kind to the kitty.

FirstHit
Old November 2nd 09, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"FirstHit" wrote in message

Great news. Hopefully, you won't even have to make the decision of
whether to go to the other vet. If you do have to decide, let it be
your own decision. You and the Mrs are the only ones who know all the
circumstances.

I think you've been very kind to the kitty.

FirstHit

~~~~~~~
She saw the vet this afternoon. She's continuing to improve day by day. :-)
It's hard to believe how sick she was only a week ago. She goes back in 2
weeks again. The vet said it could take another month before she starts
acting like cat. Right now she's still lethargic but eating 3 good meals a
day and gained a few more ounces. :-)) She sleeps a lot and still stays
on the floor.