[OT] tail-wags for Dixie

Old April 16th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] tail-wags for Dixie

My former boss unexpectedly ended up taking care of a friend's
Doberman/who knows what puppy, after the friend ended up having to
be out of town for five weeks at a client site. My former boss has an
elderly cocker-spaniel mix, Dixie, who is diabetic, blind, and not
happy about having her house suddenly invaded by a puppy. Meanwhile,
the puppy keeps wanting to play. So far, the conflict hasn't
progressed beyond Dixie's growling at the puppy whenever she
encounters it.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old April 16th 06, 05:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-15 22:11:59 -0500, John F. Eldredge said:

My former boss unexpectedly ended up taking care of a friend's
Doberman/who knows what puppy, after the friend ended up having to
be out of town for five weeks at a client site. My former boss has an
elderly cocker-spaniel mix, Dixie, who is diabetic, blind, and not
happy about having her house suddenly invaded by a puppy. Meanwhile,
the puppy keeps wanting to play. So far, the conflict hasn't
progressed beyond Dixie's growling at the puppy whenever she
encounters it.

That sounds a wee tad stressful! Purrs for DIxie to not get too
stressed over it.

Old April 16th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-16, John F Eldredge penned:
My former boss unexpectedly ended up taking care of a friend's
Doberman/who knows what puppy, after the friend ended up having to
be out of town for five weeks at a client site. My former boss has
an elderly cocker-spaniel mix, Dixie, who is diabetic, blind, and
not happy about having her house suddenly invaded by a puppy.
Meanwhile, the puppy keeps wanting to play. So far, the conflict
hasn't progressed beyond Dixie's growling at the puppy whenever she
encounters it.

That's a tough situation. Is there any way to separate the two?

I can imagine a blind dog not wanting a puppy jumping around all the
time.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 17th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

John F. Eldredge wrote:
My former boss unexpectedly ended up taking care of a friend's
Doberman/who knows what puppy, after the friend ended up having to
be out of town for five weeks at a client site. My former boss has an
elderly cocker-spaniel mix, Dixie, who is diabetic, blind, and not
happy about having her house suddenly invaded by a puppy. Meanwhile,
the puppy keeps wanting to play. So far, the conflict hasn't
progressed beyond Dixie's growling at the puppy whenever she
encounters it.

Ouch! What an imposition on her space. Scooter sends her most powerful
tail wags for Dixie.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old April 17th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:11:59 -0500, John F. Eldredge
wrote:

My former boss unexpectedly ended up taking care of a friend's
Doberman/who knows what puppy, after the friend ended up having to
be out of town for five weeks at a client site. My former boss has an
elderly cocker-spaniel mix, Dixie, who is diabetic, blind, and not
happy about having her house suddenly invaded by a puppy. Meanwhile,
the puppy keeps wanting to play. So far, the conflict hasn't
progressed beyond Dixie's growling at the puppy whenever she
encounters it.

Poor Dixie might be feeling at a disadvantage being blind and
diabetic. That can make her defensive. She could probably do with
plenty of reassurance and cuddles. Shasta sends her best tailwags.

--
CATherine
Old April 22nd 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

John F. Eldredge wrote:

My former boss unexpectedly ended up taking care of a friend's
Doberman/who knows what puppy, after the friend ended up having to
be out of town for five weeks at a client site. My former boss has an
elderly cocker-spaniel mix, Dixie, who is diabetic, blind, and not
happy about having her house suddenly invaded by a puppy. Meanwhile,
the puppy keeps wanting to play. So far, the conflict hasn't
progressed beyond Dixie's growling at the puppy whenever she
encounters it.

Calming purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Dratted brat! Dratted tail! Marina Cat anecdotes 1 March 25th 06 12:46 PM
I found the tip of my cat's tail. Tee Cat health & behaviour 5 February 8th 05 09:15 PM
The Terrible Tail O J Cat anecdotes 9 August 9th 04 03:19 PM
Shasta needs some Purrs and Tail Wags Yoj Cat anecdotes 22 January 19th 04 11:48 PM
Another cat tail Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 15 September 26th 03 08:16 PM