Blog/Journal advice? OT

Old July 3rd 09, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Blog/Journal advice? OT

Rather than post the convoluted wanderings of my fevered brain in here and
bore everyone to death, I decided to create a journal or blog online. So I
have set up an account with www.livejournal.com and hope that I can figure
it out. I inadvertently deleted my entire first post. I did upload a
picture of Rob laughing at me, but have to do something about getting some
writing down. For those who do write journals and/or blogs in here, what
web site do you use or prefer? Any tricks or tips you can pass on to us
newbys?

Pam S.

Old July 3rd 09, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Candace

On Jul 3, 9:34*am, "tanadashoes" wrote:
Rather than post the convoluted wanderings of my fevered brain in here and
bore everyone to death, I decided to create a journal or blog online. *So I
have set up an account withwww.livejournal.comand hope that I can figure
it out. *I inadvertently deleted my entire first post. *I did upload a
picture of Rob laughing at me, but have to do something about getting some
writing down. *For those who do write journals and/or blogs in here, what
web site do you use or prefer? *Any tricks or tips you can pass on to us
newbys?

Pam S.

I started blogging in February and I love it!!!!! I do photography and
I originally was going to primarily do a photoblog but I really like
to write, too, so it's a combination of the 2 and I write about and
photograph all sorts of things. I post about every other day, mostly
because it's hard to get photos that I think are good enough everyday
and I tend to post series of photos, sort of a mini photo-essay every
post. (A few of my posts have been about cats but plenty of other
subjects, too.)

I use Wordpress and love it. It took me about 2 hours to get my blog
set up the first time I worked on it. They have a lot of appearance
templates and many are customizable so you can put your own photo in
the header. I also have a Blogger account but don't really use it
because I don't think it looks nearly as nice as Wordpress. I've heard
of livejournal but I don't remember if I really looked into it.

One of the cool things about blogging is--like every other online
community--you make contacts. By reading and commenting on the blogs
of others, you drive viewers to your own site. I average about 60-80
hits a day now, although some days I only hit 40 and I have been as
high as 126. Of course, some people, like one friend of mine, have
blogs for the purpose of sharing photos and news with friends and
family but are not really looking for other viewers. I, on the other
hand, am looking for viewers.

I'd post the link here but I'm not sure that would be wise. If you
want me to email you the link, I will.

It's fun, enjoy yourself. To me, it's a great creative outlet.

Candace
Old July 3rd 09, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 3, 2:08*pm, Candace wrote:
[...]

I keep a blog,and have for the past couple of years. I set it to
"private" in the
beginning because basically it was just an emotional outlet. Someday I
might change that.
Blogging is a *great* way to collect your thoughts. Re-reading them at
a later
date helps sort things out, too.
I don't post about private issues or health issues. Well, maybe
rarely. I don't think rpca is the place for that.
I don't mind when others do it...but what if everyone did? The
newsgroup would no
longer be cat anecdotes.
If I *really* want to vent about something personal, and want
feedback, I've always got e-mail
friends for that, too. And they reciprocate.
Like Candace said, though, a public blog is also great and I've always
wanted to gather my cat/family
photos and start one.

Sherry
Old July 4th 09, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
Rather than post the convoluted wanderings of my fevered brain in
here and bore everyone to death, I decided to create a journal or
blog online. So I have set up an account with www.livejournal.com
and hope that I can figure it out. I inadvertently deleted my entire
first post. I did upload a picture of Rob laughing at me, but have
to do something about getting some writing down. For those who do
write journals and/or blogs in here, what web site do you use or
prefer? Any tricks or tips you can pass on to us newbys?

Live journal seems popular, however, Yahoo just changed over their blogging
facilities to http://profiles.yahoo.com

After more than a year, I've finally put in another blog entry - a two
liner. I don't have alot of time to post *anything* and cat anecdotes are as
a good a 'blog' as any for me.

You have different story to tell, though, and livejournal is one of the
oldest and popualr blogging sites. I take it you are 'Tanada' there as well?

Bast of Luck with it,

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old July 4th 09, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Yowie" wrote in message

Live journal seems popular, however, Yahoo just changed over their
blogging facilities to http://profiles.yahoo.com

After more than a year, I've finally put in another blog entry - a two
liner. I don't have alot of time to post *anything* and cat anecdotes are
as a good a 'blog' as any for me.

You have different story to tell, though, and livejournal is one of the
oldest and popualr blogging sites. I take it you are 'Tanada' there as
well?

Bast of Luck with it,

Yowie

I'm in under Tanadashoes. The journal address is:

http://tanadashoes.livejournal.com/

Only one entry so far, but then I'm doing good to have that much.

Pam S.

Old July 7th 09, 06:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

Candace wrote in news:1efe1db3-cddc-48b5-b22d-
:

I use Wordpress and love it. It took me about 2 hours to get my blog
set up the first time I worked on it. They have a lot of appearance
templates and many are customizable so you can put your own photo in
the header. I also have a Blogger account but don't really use it
because I don't think it looks nearly as nice as Wordpress. I've heard
of livejournal but I don't remember if I really looked into it.

I like Wordpress for the fact that it's open source and you can host your
blog on your own server if you have the web skills for that. The hosted
version at
http://wordpress.com/ is free and seems well run. I don't recall
getting spam from a wordpress.com address.

I'd post the link here but I'm not sure that would be wise. If you
want me to email you the link, I will.

I'd be happy to check it out and don't mind you posting a link here.

Mine's updated rarely, but it's he

http://sewingwitch.com/blogs/ScratchMonkey/