[OT] stunning photos of my neck of Australia

Old August 25th 09, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default [OT] stunning photos of my neck of Australia

My photos of my home town and surrounds, although plentiful, hardly do the
natural beauty of the place any justice.

This professional photographer, though, has captured the beauty of the
Illawarra region (and a few other places) beautifully:

http://www.deekramer.com/

The gallery is less than a 30 minute drive from my place, and yet I didn't
know it was event here until today when someone sent me this link. Guess
I'll be visiting soon!

Hope you enjoy.

Yowie

Old August 25th 09, 06:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Yowie wrote:
My photos of my home town and surrounds, although plentiful, hardly do the
natural beauty of the place any justice.

This professional photographer, though, has captured the beauty of the
Illawarra region (and a few other places) beautifully:

http://www.deekramer.com/

The gallery is less than a 30 minute drive from my place, and yet I didn't
know it was event here until today when someone sent me this link. Guess
I'll be visiting soon!

Hope you enjoy.

Absolutely beautiful!

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old August 25th 09, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
My photos of my home town and surrounds, although plentiful, hardly do the
natural beauty of the place any justice.

This professional photographer, though, has captured the beauty of the
Illawarra region (and a few other places) beautifully:

http://www.deekramer.com/

The gallery is less than a 30 minute drive from my place, and yet I didn't
know it was event here until today when someone sent me this link. Guess
I'll be visiting soon!

Hope you enjoy.

Yowie

Stunning indeed, Vicky.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old August 25th 09, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bev

Vicky,

When we did a house exchange in Wollongong we travelled extensively around
the area and were amazed at how beautiful it was. Our exchange house was
on the shores of a lake (can't remember the name off hand) and in the
mornings we were visited by pellicans which came up to the little jetty,
parrots visited in the high trees around the house. We loved the
experience. My only disappointment when we stayed there was not meeting
you, I think I read that you were away at the time.

Bev
"Kreisleriana" drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote in message
m...

Old August 25th 09, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Yowie" wrote in message
My photos of my home town and surrounds, although plentiful, hardly do the
natural beauty of the place any justice.

This professional photographer, though, has captured the beauty of the
Illawarra region (and a few other places) beautifully:

http://www.deekramer.com/

The gallery is less than a 30 minute drive from my place, and yet I didn't
know it was event here until today when someone sent me this link. Guess
I'll be visiting soon!

Hope you enjoy.

Yowie

Now I REALLY want to visit Australia, especially Sydney and Wollongong.
AAAIIIEEEEE The agony.

Pam S.

Old August 25th 09, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"tanadashoes" wrote in message

"Yowie" wrote in message
My photos of my home town and surrounds, although plentiful,
hardly do the natural beauty of the place any justice.

This professional photographer, though, has captured the beauty
of the Illawarra region (and a few other places) beautifully:

http://www.deekramer.com/

The gallery is less than a 30 minute drive from my place, and yet
I didn't know it was event here until today when someone sent me
this link. Guess I'll be visiting soon!

Hope you enjoy.

Yowie

Now I REALLY want to visit Australia, especially Sydney and
Wollongong. AAAIIIEEEEE The agony.

Pam S.

Its about the only place Charlie hasn't been. He's having some
medical issues that would make travel difficult right now, but I've
told him if he can get it sorted out (which will involve some
co-operation on his part) we will go to Australia.

Of course there is the small matter of getting the kids out of
school without going bankrupt. Details.

Jo

Old September 4th 09, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bev

"Joy" wrote in message
"Bev" wrote in message

"Yowie" wrote in message
"Bev" wrote in message

Vicky,

When we did a house exchange in Wollongong we travelled extensively
around the area and were amazed at how beautiful it was. Our
exchange house was on the shores of a lake (can't remember the name
off hand)

Lake Illawarra

and in the mornings we were visited by pellicans which came
up to the little jetty, parrots visited in the high trees around the
house.

Did you stay at Windang, Berkeley, Oak Flats, Mt Warrigal, Primbee or
Warilla?

We loved the experience. My only disappointment when we
stayed there was not meeting you, I think I read that you were away
at the time.

Yeah, its a real shame we missed each other - because RPCA meet-ups are
always fun.

Must have been November 2007? Thats when we went to Queensland.

I am amazed the Yowlet, who was 3 at the time, can remember anything of
that trip, but occasionally he says he wants to stay "in our other
house, with the pool". Oh gosh I wish it was! It was just the apartment
that we rented for the week we stayed in Cairns.

Oh well, I hope to get over to NZ in the next few years, so perhaps we
can have an RPCA meet up there instead.

http://www.deekramer.com/

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Vicky,

I can't remember exactly where the house was, it might have been Oak
Flats. I don't think you had the Yowlet then and think you might have had
a guest from the US. Anyway it was a long time ago - several years in
fact. It could have been Joy or was it Joyce staying with you.

Guess the Yowlet will have to miss out on the snow this year, we are in
daffodil land now, blossom everywhere. Our nearby city Hastings is
about to have their blossom parade. The cats can be seen with faces in
the daffodils, they are emerging into the sunlight like blinking ghosts
from a hard winter.

Bev

I never stayed with Yowie (unless you're talking about a different Joy),
but she did spend an entire day in 2001 showing me around the Wollongong
area. I got to meet Schmogg and Fluffy (It was in the pre-Yowlet days),
and I remember visiting a Buddhist Temple. She also took me to lunch. I
had planned to treat her, but she said, "My shout" as soon as we sat down,
so I couldn't even do that. She also gave me a lovely assortment of
honey. The honey is long-gone, but I still have a couple of the square
jars it came in.

Joy

Joy, I think it was you and you might not have been staying but just being
shown around. We also visited the Buddhist temple and were greatly
impressed. We went to a big National Park near the area and that was
spectacular. Glorious views, misty mountains, waterfalls etc. Also drove
around the coast and looked at a lighthouse. One day we took the railway
into Sydney, it was all free for the retired, I remember and we went across
the harbour and to some of the RSL clubs. One club particularly amused us
as it was so big they had little van things to carry people across the car
park so they wouldn't have to walk, lol. I thought that was going a bit
too far. I also remember that we exchanged cars and the car we had stopped
with loud clunking sounds. When we got out and investigated found a spark
plug still attached dangling from the motor. Put it back in and off we
went. Just one of our many house exchange adventures.

Bev

neck problems inluvwith4cats Cat health & behaviour 25 March 26th 08 10:38 PM
One STUNNING Aby Pat Cat anecdotes 13 May 17th 07 09:53 PM
Why does my Persian wet her neck? [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 3 April 30th 07 05:27 PM
OT - stunning photos of tame deer [email protected] Cat anecdotes 6 February 11th 07 10:17 PM
Missing flesh on neck? Ryan Feeley Cat health & behaviour 2 October 29th 06 06:10 AM