R.I.P Yoda, 1993-2009

Old October 6th 09, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Default R.I.P Yoda, 1993-2009

On Oct 5, 6:47*pm, Sherry wrote:
Yoda had to be euthanized this afternoon at 4.

Lovingly snipped

I cannot imagine what its going to be like tomorrow without him.

Just remember the peace he achieved toward the end. His new adventure,
at the Rainbow Bridge or somewhere we can't even imagine, begins with
him no longer in pain and without fear. He has two good eyes now and
somethng wonderful to see. I'm sure he misses you and all of his
friends but you may well know each others' presence again.

You did a wonderul thing for him, the latest in a long series of
wonderful things.

He went when the veil is thinnest between this world and the next.
Even now, cats are celebrating the lives of their fallen comrades.
With the veil so thin, if you can bear to look up at him and smile, he
will see.

--
Will in New Haven

Old October 6th 09, 04:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Takayuki wrote:
I'm sorry that you've lost Yoda. As the "kids' cat", he sounded so
cute. I'm glad that his last procedure went well - I think that's
important to the hoomims who are left behind.

I think these are among my favorite pictures of him:

http://home.comcast.net/~Takayuki9z/yobiskit.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~Takayuki9z/yoblanket2.jpg

He looks so sweet! MLB
Old October 6th 09, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
moonglow minnow[_2_]

Sherry wrote:
Yoda had to be euthanized this afternoon at 4.

[...]
I cannot imagine what its going to be like tomorrow without him.

Purrs for those he left behind, and a candle for his journey to the
Bridge. He is whole and healthy and young again, and you gave him the
greatest gift a person can give to their feline companion.

Maeve ^..^
--
http://moonglowminnow.wordpress.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/minnow/
Old October 6th 09, 06:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lorraine

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 15:47:27 -0700 (PDT), Sherry
wrote:

Yoda had to be euthanized this afternoon at 4.

I'm sorry, Sherry. I hope it gives you some comfort that it went so
well. We will all miss him.

Old October 6th 09, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatEyes

{{{{{{{{{{Sherry}}}}}}}}}}

I am SO sorry to hear this news. My heart is breaking along with yours. I
know that it's not going to help how you feel (nothing will, sweetie, for
quite some time), but the life you gave him was filled with joy and love and
GUD FUD and play and every other thing that makes a cat's life paradise here
on earth. Purrs and purr-ayers are being sent to help ease your breaking
heart, and a candle will be lit tonight to help guide Yoda to the Bridge.
Bandit, and Percy, and Hunter will be waiting there to greet him as he runs
towards the Bridge growing younger and healthier the closer he gets.

Hugs,

CatNipped

"Sherry" wrote in message
Yoda had to be euthanized this afternoon at 4.

The literal definition of euthanasia is "good death." I have to say
this was the best euthanasia
I have ever witnessed.

He was so dreadfully sick. His bad eye had ulcerated again, and this
time was not responding
to the treatment. Over the weekend he had developed a severe URI with
fluid in his lungs.
He was miserable, unable to breath well, and in pain.

The vet first gave him some kind of sedative or pain medication, I am
not sure exactly what it was.
You could actually see the knots of tension around his face start to
smooth. He got really relaxed.
He pushed his head over into the crook of my arm, wrapped a paw around
his face and started
snoring loudly. He just looked so cute, and suddenly so much happier
than he did when we
came in. He didn't even look so old anymore.

After he was good and zonked out, still snoring, the vet finished with
the second set of injections,
which Yoda never felt. He was still snoring on my arm.

I still have him here in the house, in a box. I thought I would let
the cats sniff at the box for a while.
Somehow I thought that might make sense to them why he is gone.

I cannot imagine what its going to be like tomorrow without him.

Sherry

Old October 6th 09, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Takayuki wrote:

I'm sorry that you've lost Yoda. As the "kids' cat", he sounded so
cute. I'm glad that his last procedure went well - I think that's
important to the hoomims who are left behind.

I think these are among my favorite pictures of him:

http://home.comcast.net/~Takayuki9z/yobiskit.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~Takayuki9z/yoblanket2.jpg

Thank you for posting those photos. I think it's great that you do
that when someone posts that their cat has gone to the bridge. He was
a lovely cat. I really like the one of him lying on the grass.

Joyce

--
"No." -- Rosa Parks
Old October 6th 09, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bigboy

On Oct 5, 6:47*pm, Sherry wrote:
[...]

I am very sorry for your loss. May he have a peaceful trip to the
Bridge.

BigBoy, Princess, Mr. Boots, Ms. Tigger, Sugar and Spice, Ms. Blue
Belle and Cheddar
Old October 6th 09, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Arthur Shapiro[_2_]

In article , Sherry wrote:
Yoda had to be euthanized this afternoon at 4.

Let me add my sincere condolences to those of the others.

I'm pleased to have the opporunity to see those two pictures - what a gorgeous
kitty.

Art

Old October 7th 09, 04:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Sherry, I just saw this. I'm so so sorry. I know he was just so special to
you and to us. I'm really speechless and ......
I'm just so sorry.

love, cheryl

Old October 7th 09, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Candace

On Oct 5, 3:47*pm, Sherry wrote:
Yoda had to be euthanized this afternoon at 4.

I still have him here in the house, in a box. I thought I would let
the cats sniff at the box for a while.
Somehow I thought that might make sense to them why he is gone.

I cannot imagine what its going to be like tomorrow without him.

Sherry

Oh, Sherry, I'm so sorry. He had a good run but never long enough.

Candace