HRFL Tiger

Old June 15th 10, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tiger (a.k.a. HRFL)

Default HRFL Tiger

HRFL Tiger is gone. I'm going to post this because it's disrespectful
to HRFL Tiger not to do so.

I have to say that apart from those kind few who left condolences, I
was disgusted, saddened and sickened by what happened to my threads
about Tiger and what I was accused of.
Thank goodness for Facebook, where my genuine friends offered their
support, and those of you ho ignored the crap and answered the
original thread. Thank you.

When Sir William died in October 2000 and I posted about his death, I
had message after message of support on RPCA. When I posted about HRFL
Tiger a few days ago, it was like nobody gave a sh*t. They were too
busy speculating on what happened, flaming me and discussing
differences in language. HRFL Tiger is worth far more than that. RPCA
is not a place I want to be at the moment, so as a consequence I will
no longer be posting after this.

His Royal Feline Lordship Tiger is over at the Rainbow Bridge. It's
categorical. He's not coming home. I have strong and fairly
categorical evidence, not just circumstansial. I'm not going to go
into details, because it's not actually anyone's business what
happened and the truth is not nice. Huw (my DH to be) has spent the
last week wiping away my tears and giving me hugs when the pain of
Tigers loss becomes too unbearable. We have made the decision that
after our honeymoon in August we will be going to the shelter and
letting an adult cat chose us as his humans to honour Tiger. He would
want that.

HRFL Tiger was wonderful. He is wonderful. With me, he travelled the
world and saw and did things that other cats could only dream of. As a
tiny kitten he rode in the pocket of my dressing gown because he was
so small at 50g I couldn't risk stepping on him. He turned into a
handsome, 9lb cat with a deep, deep rumbling purr that he saved only
for me. He was my heart cat. My heart is now shattered.

At 9 months old, we decided he needed a friend to keep him company.
Robbie the Ginger Ninga was that friend. That started a sequence of
events that meant Tiger touched the lives of over 200 cats and kittens
that were fostered by Tiger and I and found their forever homes from
our house. He played with and trained kittens in the ways of *******
Cat Tricks and gave solace to the frightened and scared. He never made
a cat feel unwelcome. He was amazing and unique and special. And I
miss him. Every second of every minute of every hour of every day.
Sometimes the pain stops just long enough to make me smile. And then I
cry again. It's incredible how such a small cat can leave such a huge
gaping hole in my life.

Helen M

Old June 15th 10, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 15 June, 15:59, "Tiger (a.k.a. HRFL)"
wrote:
.. RPCA
is not a place I want to be at the moment, so as a consequence I will
no longer be posting after this.

Please come back when you feel ready- I for one will miss you

We have made the decision that
after our honeymoon in August we will be going to the shelter and
letting an adult cat chose us as his humans to honour Tiger. He would
want that.

That's a wonderful tribute, at least, please come back and tell us all
about your new owner

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old June 15th 10, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nanny[_5_]

The discussion got disgusting so fast that I didn't want to react, I don't
understand how someone can have the heart to soil deeply felt mourning for
an animal or a human in such a way, especially in the same thread.
This being said, I want to wish you lots of strength, losing an animal by
murder or an accident is absolutely the most traumatic way, and is very hard
to overcome.

Nanny

"Tiger (a.k.a. HRFL)" schreef in bericht

Old June 15th 10, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

wrote:
[...]

A wonderful tribute to a wonderful cat. Thank you for sharing, Helen.

Jeanette
Old June 15th 10, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Jun 15, 10:59*am, "Tiger (a.k.a. HRFL)"
wrote:
HRFL Tiger is gone. I'm going to post this because it's disrespectful
to HRFL Tiger not to do so.

(respectful snip)

At 9 months old, we decided he needed a friend to keep him company.
Robbie the Ginger Ninga was that friend. That started a sequence of
events that meant Tiger touched the lives of over 200 cats and kittens
that were fostered by Tiger and I and found their forever homes from
our house. He played with and trained kittens in the ways of *******
Cat Tricks and gave solace to the frightened and scared. He never made
a cat feel unwelcome. He was amazing and unique and special. And I
miss him. Every second of every minute of every hour of every day.
Sometimes the pain stops just long enough to make me smile. And then I
cry again. It's incredible how such a small cat can leave such a huge
gaping hole in my life.

I hope you don't go, at least not for long; maybe enough to heal from
this trauma and the horrible loss. I'm so sorry you lost Tiger. His
story--and your beautiful and heartfelt tribute--has touched me
deeply, as I am sure it has many others.

I look forward to hearing about the one who will not be Tiger's
replacement. You can not replace a living being like a piece of
jewelry or a Hot Wheels car. Rather, Tiger's legacy, his beneficiary,
the successor in a long line of love.

***He looketh down from the very Heavens upon thee and behold, the
love within his Heart doth thunder. And he doth see the core of thy
Being, yea, even the very Thought of thy Mind, and sayeth, It Is
Good.***

Blessed be,
Baha
Old June 15th 10, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I tried to leave my good thoughts in the threads but after a while they
became to clutterred to even check. I miss your posting and part of the
reason he is so special is because YOU are that special... i will pray for
your heart to heal anf for the love of a new cat to comfort you, Lee

Old June 15th 10, 05:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

{{{{{Helen}}}}}

I am so, *SO* sorry for having precipitated this disgusting behavior -
believe me, it was strictly from ignorance and not malice or gruesome
curiosity (I just wasn't sure what happened and thought, if I knew, I could
offer some help for his recovery.

I completely understand if you want to have nothing to do with me because of
it, but there are, truly good and honorable people here who can help you
through your grief, so please don't let those/me insensitive cretins keep
you from that comfort. If you'd like me to discontinue replying to your
posts, I will honor that request with no hard feelings and send my purrs and
prayers in silence.

Hugs,

Lori

Old June 15th 10, 05:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

[...]

I am so sorry. I was hoping you would have different news about HRFL Tiger,
but I am glad you shared those memories with us. This is a wonderful
tribute to a wonderful (and much loved) cat. It will also be a special
tribute when you go to the shelter and let another cat adopt you. The new
kitty will not be a replacement because that is impossible, but it will
enable still another cat to find a loving home and permit you to have
another special boy or girl to love.

I'm also sorry the other thread disintegrated into a flame-throwing
discussion of language. We do frequently find that the original topic of a
thread gets lost as we start responding to one another, but we should try
not to let that happen when we are talking about a tragedy such as what
happened to HRFL Tiger.

Farewell, Tiger. You leave grieving hoomins behind, but you will find many
of our feline friends waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

MaryL

Old June 15th 10, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

wrote:
HRFL Tiger is gone. I'm going to post this because it's disrespectful
to HRFL Tiger not to do so.

I'm so sorry to hear this. His time with you was so wonderful for you
both, and for all who met you. Please come back to us when you have
time and your heart is ready. You may well know his presence again.

--
Will in New Haven