Flying Conan...another possibility

Old July 2nd 05, 05:18 AM
Biskybabe

On 2005-07-01 19:32:11 -0700, Rhonda said:

That was the neatest thing about this whole situation -- everyone
helped. Everyone was doing their best to come up with ideas and
possible adopters and ways to spring him.

Conan was gone when Dan got there, but he saw two other gorgeous,
friendly orange cats in there. Are you up for another addition to the
family?

So what do I do? Rescue another bunny that no one wants? TNR the black
tomcat that lives in the neighborhood? Hit the local shelter to check
out the kittens? Adopt one of the kittens my friend is taming? Trap and
force socialize Lady Grey (who is getting tame enough I can now "pet"
her with a feather on a stick)?

Soooooo many critters need a home, and so many need homes locally I'm
not convinced I can emotionally justify recusing a cat from SoCal.

Old July 2nd 05, 05:40 AM
Rhonda

Well, my idea was written sort of tongue-in-cheek, but thanks for
thinking about it seriously anyway.

Rhonda

PS -- I vote for Lady Grey

Old July 2nd 05, 06:10 PM
Biskybabe

On 2005-07-01 21:40:46 -0700, Rhonda said:

Well, my idea was written sort of tongue-in-cheek, but thanks for
thinking about it seriously anyway.

I'm feeling ... out of sorts about the bunnies. So while you were joking...

PS -- I vote for Lady Grey

It's been a little more than 12 months since she first stepped into
the house all on her own. She's settling herself in and I don't think
there's any reason to force her to socialize outside of her comfort
zone.

In just the last few weeks she's started following us into the kitchen,
just to see what we're doing, AND (the biggie) when she gets startled
she no longer runs to the door to go outside, she will run elsewhere
into the house.

Now, if we ended up having to move, I'd have no problem bringing her
with us. I worried about that for a while, but I think she'd cope.

Old July 2nd 05, 10:45 PM
Brad

On 1 Jul 2005 11:41:11 -0700, "Candace" wrote:

Mary wrote:

Is this news? Does this mean the San Diego man is taking him?

I don't know but I thought Monica said he would be locally placed and I
assumed that the original flight plans were no more.

Didn't mean to speak out of turn but this thread seemed to be based on
things that happened prior to Conan being sprung from the shelter.

Candace

When there are 15 threads going its a bit hard to keep track....but
yes I heard the same thing.....matter of fact weren't two people
heading there at the same time for him....??

Brad

Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved
body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
shouting......." HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"

Old July 2nd 05, 10:48 PM
Brad

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:40:46 GMT, Rhonda
wrote:

Some airlines do not require health certificates any longer -- American
does not. They do require proof of rabies vaccine, though.

When I was checking for Conan, I made sure to ask each airline.

Rhonda

Rhonda I used American six weeks ago and he needed a health
certificate no less than ten days old you better check before you use
them again, must have changed since your last time using them.

Old July 2nd 05, 11:24 PM
Rhonda

Hmmm, that's odd. Where I got the info was from their website:

Health Requirements

* American does not require a health certificate for the acceptance
of pets for travel in the cabin or as checked baggage within the 50
United States. However, we encourage you to contact your family
veterinarian or state authorities directly for individual state
requirements to avoid any possible inconvenience at your final destination.
* All states require proof of rabies vaccination for dogs over 12
weeks old and some require proof of rabies vaccination for cats.
American requires that the animal be vaccinated for rabies within the
past 12 months.
* Currently, American does not require documentation regarding the
sedation of a pet, nor do we restrict sedated animals. Consult your
veterinarian about the use of tranquilizers.

http://www.aa.com/content/travelInfo...WithPets.jhtml

Rhonda

Old July 3rd 05, 03:30 AM
Rhonda

That sounds great! She's definitely part of your family.

She's doing better than our formerly-feral cat. She was brought in at
apprx. 8 months old. Now at 9 years, we still only see her at night.
It's rare to see her cross through the middle of a room without hugging
the walls.

She's sweet though. I think the formerly-feral ones are grateful.

Rhonda

Old July 3rd 05, 03:20 PM
Biskybabe

On 2005-07-02 19:30:25 -0700, Rhonda said:

That sounds great! She's definitely part of your family.

That she is.

She's doing better than our formerly-feral cat. She was brought in at
apprx. 8 months old. Now at 9 years, we still only see her at night.
It's rare to see her cross through the middle of a room without hugging
the walls.

Wow. Now I'm even more impressed with the progress we've made with her!

She's sweet though. I think the formerly-feral ones are grateful.

I think so.

Old July 5th 05, 04:11 AM
Brad

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:24:58 GMT, Rhonda
wrote:

Hmmm, that's odd. Where I got the info was from their website:

Health Requirements

* American does not require a health certificate for the acceptance
of pets for travel in the cabin or as checked baggage within the 50
United States. However, we encourage you to contact your family
veterinarian or state authorities directly for individual state
requirements to avoid any possible inconvenience at your final destination.
* All states require proof of rabies vaccination for dogs over 12
weeks old and some require proof of rabies vaccination for cats.
American requires that the animal be vaccinated for rabies within the
past 12 months.
* Currently, American does not require documentation regarding the
sedation of a pet, nor do we restrict sedated animals. Consult your
veterinarian about the use of tranquilizers.

That is strange I used American Eagle and didn't check their site but
I called Americans 800 number and she told me that the policies for
American and American Eagle were the same and they required the
certificate I didn't pursue it because the breeder had the certificate
done already. American was new to the breeder too he uses Continental
most of the time I guess.

Who knows maybe the policy was changed and they didn't change it on
the website or maybe even more likely the customer service rep I
talked to may have been wrong.

I realize customer service is one of the toughest jobs out there but I
just bought a new cell phone and was combing the manual for an option
that I had on every phone I have ever owned and couldn't find it so I
called customer service and asked them about it and he told me it
wasn't available on this phone. I asked if he was sure because its a
very usefull option and he said nope sorry.

Two days later I couldn't stand it and I called again and got the same
answer from another rep but this time I asked for the manufacturers
phone number I called them and they said certainly you can do it and
quickly explained to me how to do it.....sigh....now I am hooked for
life to never take a negative answer from customer service without
checking further......

Sorry I'm sure I told you more than you wanted to here.....lol.....

Brad

Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved
body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
shouting......." HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"

Conan Update 6/20 9 pm CST Mary Cat health & behaviour 34 June 24th 05 05:29 AM
Conan Update Mon. 6/20 9 am CST Mary Cat health & behaviour 8 June 21st 05 08:20 PM
Conan Update Saturdfay 6/18 2:39 PM Mary Cat health & behaviour 9 June 19th 05 09:30 AM
Flying purrs? Karen Cat anecdotes 11 May 24th 05 07:26 AM
flying greeblings John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 2 April 4th 05 03:01 PM