[OT] Thanksgiving Feast (Food) Pictures

Old November 28th 05, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Thanksgiving Feast (Food) Pictures

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I finally downloaded these from my camera.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/Thanksgiving/

Hugs,

CatNipped

Looks yummy. And that is a huge complement, considering how much
Thanksgiving dinner and left overs I've been through the last few days. I
love your mashed potato bowl. I always make a huge pot of mashed potatoes
for Thanksgiving. It's the main reason we even have Thanksgiving. And I
end up having to either get up and refill the bowl a bunch of times or
serving them in a big mixing bowl that is hard to pass around the table.

Real honest to God mashed potatoes just like my Momma used to make are the
best. Especially if I can con someone else into peeling the potatoes.

Next best are potato cakes that are really only good made with real left
over potatoes. I usually mix an egg and some Bisquick and some chopped
onions into the left over potatoes and shape them into cakes and fry them.
I like them firm enough to be finger food, though we do have sour cream with
them.

Jo

Old November 28th 05, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
I finally downloaded these from my camera.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/Thanksgiving/

YUM! Are merletons the same as chayotes?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 28th 05, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Potato pancakes - I *love* potato pancakes!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Jo

Old November 28th 05, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
I finally downloaded these from my camera.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/Thanksgiving/

YUM! Are merletons the same as chayotes?

Yep, they originated in New Orleans and were called merletons, but the rest
of the US calls them chayote squash.

Now don't y'all wish you'd had the time to stop over for a bit when you
visited Tom's parents??! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 28th 05, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
Yep, they originated in New Orleans and were called merletons, but the rest
of the US calls them chayote squash.

Actually, chayotes originate in Mexico. They were cultivated by the
mexica (mistakenly called aztecs) in precolumbian times.
My parents grow two different varieties back home. They are awesome!

Now don't y'all wish you'd had the time to stop over for a bit when you
visited Tom's parents??! ;

I sure do! Mary didn't cook a turkey this year, she opted for a beef
tenderloin, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and stuffed tomatoes. It was
good, but I did miss the traditional thanksgiving turkey.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 28th 05, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

My main reason for having Thanksgiving is the turkey sandwiches from the
leftovers. This year, for the first time, my daughter cooked Thanksgiving
dinner. After dinner, she cut the turkey off the bone, and her husband
wrapped it in foil and put it in the freezer. When I got ready to live, she
gave me a package to bring home. We were both surprised it had frozen so
quickly.

The next day, I got the bread all ready for the turkey, then opened the
package. It was lasagna! :-( She told me it was pumpkin lasagna, and I
haven't gotten the nerve to try it yet, although I think I will this
evening.

Joy

Old November 28th 05, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor you every just roast them up add a little salt and pepper smother
them in butter when the fruit is young and tender yum! They did that on
the cruise ship for us did some stuffed with cheese what a unique taste

Old November 28th 05, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
Yep, they originated in New Orleans and were called merletons, but the

rest
of the US calls them chayote squash.

Actually, chayotes originate in Mexico. They were cultivated by the
mexica (mistakenly called aztecs) in precolumbian times.
My parents grow two different varieties back home. They are awesome!

Sorry, I mis-typed, I meant the name "merleton" originated in New Orleans.

Now don't y'all wish you'd had the time to stop over for a bit when you
visited Tom's parents??! ;

I sure do! Mary didn't cook a turkey this year, she opted for a beef
tenderloin, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and stuffed tomatoes. It was
good, but I did miss the traditional thanksgiving turkey.

Well, I missed seeing you and Tom. If you guys are in town over Christmas,
be sure to stop by and see us!

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 28th 05, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Yoj" wrote in message news:H4vif.27608

The next day, I got the bread all ready for the turkey, then opened the
package. It was lasagna! :-( She told me it was pumpkin lasagna, and I
haven't gotten the nerve to try it yet, although I think I will this
evening.

Joy

Yikes. Don't think I could wrap my mind around pumpkin lasagna when I was
all set for a Turkey sandwich.

That's why I quit freezing in foil. I love zip lock bags.

Jo