[OT] Surgery

Old April 27th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Default [OT] Surgery

I saw my oncologist on Friday, and he agreed with the other two doctors
that I need surgery for the precancerous condition. The whole day was a
horrible mess, and the office visit was a nightmare, but I'll spare you
the details. Suffice to say I am scheduled for surgery on May 21st,
although they told me that could change (I suppose there could be an
emergency or something, so that's why they give that warning?). I am a
wreck, to say the least. On the 30th, I have to get bloodwork, EKG, and
chest x-rays done to make sure I am healthy enough for this. I told the
oncologist I wanted to be absolutely, completely, 100% knocked out for
this, but he still ignored that, and started talking about doing a
spinal instead (which would leave me *feeling* nothing, but not
*knowing* nothing. I want to *know* nothing. At least as far as this
surgery is concerned, that is. Heh.). Luckily, I remembered I was
diagnosed a few years back with spina bifida occulta. This version
isn't the nasty birth defect that affects newborns; it's the birth
defect that a fair number of people have and don't even know it, because
it causes no problems. However, it apparently isn't a good idea to get
a spinal anesthetic since I have it, so we will probably go for the
general anesthesia, which, although it is dangerous for me, I want. So
I guess I'm glad I have a birth defect -- lol.

I'll ask for purrs and prayers later, so unless you just want to send
some now for my peace of mind (which I think is completely missing),
hold onto them for now. I'll keep you updated.

Ginger-lyn
Complete and Utter Nervous Wreck
Proud of never having surgery except tonsillectomy and oral surgeries
Not ready for this one.
Old April 27th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
[...]

Oh my, G-L. You must feel absolutely overwhelmed-- we always have puurs
and prayers to spare here, even if I don't get a chance to always write it
down. Our thoughts will be with you-- please keep us at RPCA in the loop.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old April 27th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Candace

Default Surgery

On Apr 27, 1:55*pm, Ginger-lyn wrote:
[...]

I'm sorry for what you're going through, Ginger-Lyn. I don't post on
this group very often but my thoughts are with you.

Candace
Old April 27th 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Ginger-lyn wrote:

I'll ask for purrs and prayers later, so unless you just want to send
some now for my peace of mind (which I think is completely missing),
hold onto them for now. I'll keep you updated.

Ginger-lyn
Complete and Utter Nervous Wreck
Proud of never having surgery except tonsillectomy and oral surgeries
Not ready for this one.

Peace of Mind purrs coming your way. Purring is good for that, as you
know.

I am so annoyed at the way doctors just ignore a patient's requests,
observations, opinions, etc. He might be a good doctor otherwise,
but that little interaction really burns me. Even if he disagreed and
said that he didn't think total anasthesia would be safe for you, at
least then you would know he was *listening*. Many doctors do not have
good communication skills. Like many other science-oriented people,
they're better with technical stuff than with people-skills. Except
that doctors *work* with people, so that's a problem! At least computers
don't have feelings...

Sorry, that was a personal rant of mine. Not your major problem, I
get that. And I understand that you're not ready to deal with this,
especially with all the other stress you've been under! I hope it
goes well and they get all the precancerous cells out of there.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old April 28th 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=

"Ginger-lyn" ...
[...]

Oh dear Ginger-lyn, I am so sorry to hear about this.
With all you've been thru, now this Insist they knock you out
completely.
Many Purrs and Prayers are sent your way for complete healing.
You'll be fine sweetie
Love, & hugs
Kyla

Old April 28th 08, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
[...]

You can have purrs and prayers both now and later, Ginger-lyn. I can
understand your feelings. I haven't had any surgery more major than having
my gall bladder out, and that was laparoscopic. However, I always say I
don't want to be there when they're doing things to me.

If three doctors say you need this surgery, it sounds as though it's a good
idea. Just the same, I know you'll be much happier once it's in the past
instead of the future. That's a long time to wait, when you consider the
jitters ahead of time. I hope you'll have lots of pleasant things to
distract your thoughts during that time.

Joy

Old April 28th 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Tons of purrs and prayers from us to you. God bless
you.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old April 28th 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

There is a never ending supply of purrrrs and Prayers, when you need them
just ask. There is no scheduling for caring about people.

Old April 28th 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Calming purrs on the way.

--
Ann
in Connecticut

Old April 28th 08, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Kreisleriana wrote:
"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
[...]

Piggy-backing but how about some purrs now and some later? You're
getting them anyway.

Sam, supervised by Misteltoe

Surgery -- megacolon Rhonda Cat health & behaviour 31 July 10th 06 01:06 AM
Surgery Cat health & behaviour 2 December 17th 05 08:27 PM
Surgery Cat health & behaviour 4 December 16th 05 12:12 AM