[OT] Surgery

Old April 28th 08, 02:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default [OT] Surgery

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
I saw my oncologist on Friday, and he agreed with the other two doctors
that I need surgery for the precancerous condition. The whole day was a
horrible mess, and the office visit was a nightmare, but I'll spare you the
details. Suffice to say I am scheduled for surgery on May 21st,

{{{Ginger-Lyn}}}

Do you want Rob and I to come up and take care of the owners while you're in
hospital, or do you have someone who will do this for you? We're here for
you sweetie. Purrs and hang in there thoughts for you to do well with this.

Pam S.

Old April 28th 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Ginger-lyn wrote:
I'll ask for purrs and prayers later, so unless you just want to send
some now for my peace of mind (which I think is completely missing),
hold onto them for now. I'll keep you updated.

We're definitely purring for you sweetie.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 28th 08, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

wrote in news:4814f3b0$0$34534
:

I am so annoyed at the way doctors just ignore a patient's requests,
observations, opinions, etc. He might be a good doctor otherwise,
but that little interaction really burns me. Even if he disagreed and
said that he didn't think total anasthesia would be safe for you, at
least then you would know he was *listening*. Many doctors do not have
good communication skills. Like many other science-oriented people,
they're better with technical stuff than with people-skills. Except
that doctors *work* with people, so that's a problem! At least

computers
don't have feelings...

A doctor sees me for about 5 minutes. I have lived in this body for 53
years. I have a very high IQ and I am science oriented by avocation. It
would be nice if a doctor would consider what I have to say with just a
little less than utter disinterest. I guess you can tell I feel pretty
much the same way as you. The friggen jack-hole who put the tubes in my
ears just had to do the ear that was not annoying me; just HAD too. He
was all about my hearing which I could have cared less about. Now the
ear that bothered me is much better and the one that did not bother me is
much worse. All the guy had to do was open his own ears for a few
seconds. And I know this is a tiny issue compared to what G-L is facing
but it points out what doctors seem to do all too often.

Old April 29th 08, 02:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
I saw my oncologist on Friday, and he agreed with the other two doctors
that I need surgery for the precancerous condition. The whole day was a
horrible mess, and the office visit was a nightmare, but I'll spare you the
details. Suffice to say I am scheduled for surgery on May 21st, although
they told me that could change (I suppose there could be an emergency or
something, so that's why they give that warning?). I am a wreck, to say
the least. On the 30th, I have to get bloodwork, EKG, and chest x-rays
done to make sure I am healthy enough for this. I told the oncologist I
wanted to be absolutely, completely, 100% knocked out for this, but he
still ignored that, and started talking about doing a spinal instead (which
would leave me *feeling* nothing, but not *knowing* nothing. I want to
*know* nothing. At least as far as this surgery is concerned, that is.
Heh.). Luckily, I remembered I was diagnosed a few years back with spina
bifida occulta. This version isn't the nasty birth defect that affects
newborns; it's the birth defect that a fair number of people have and don't
even know it, because it causes no problems. However, it apparently isn't
a good idea to get a spinal anesthetic since I have it, so we will probably
go for the general anesthesia, which, although it is dangerous for me, I
want. So I guess I'm glad I have a birth defect -- lol.

I'll ask for purrs and prayers later, so unless you just want to send some
now for my peace of mind (which I think is completely missing), hold onto
them for now. I'll keep you updated.

Well, I'm pretty well the surgery queen here. If you need it, you need it
and you have to bite the bullet and get it done.
It is very frightening, I know that only too well. I've had 7 operations
since 2001. If I can help you cope just email me. My email address is valid
but I only check it once a week or post here

Old April 29th 08, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Ginger-lyn wrote:

I'll ask for purrs and prayers later, so unless you just want to send
some now for my peace of mind (which I think is completely missing),
hold onto them for now. I'll keep you updated.

{{{Ginger-lyn}}}}

Old May 1st 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Ginger-lyn wrote:
I saw my oncologist on Friday, and he agreed with the other two doctors
that I need surgery for the precancerous condition. snip
I'll ask for purrs and prayers later, so unless you just want to send
some now for my peace of mind (which I think is completely missing),
hold onto them for now. I'll keep you updated.

Ginger-lyn
Complete and Utter Nervous Wreck
Proud of never having surgery except tonsillectomy and oral surgeries
Not ready for this one.

We are sending lots of purrs now and we will be sending them for as long
as you need them, Ginger-lyn.
Lots of hugs,
Polonca and Soncek

Surgery -- megacolon Rhonda Cat health & behaviour 31 July 10th 06 01:06 AM
Surgery Cat health & behaviour 2 December 17th 05 08:27 PM
Surgery Cat health & behaviour 4 December 16th 05 12:12 AM