My brother died [not all OT]

Old February 8th 10, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn Summer

Default My brother died [not all OT]

As I mentioned, there hasn't been a month go by without a diaster of some
sort, or something very sad. December, my brother died. He was only 51.
I am still mourning his death.

He left me the house I owned half of and he owned half of. And he left me
one basically nasty but beautiful tortoiseshell pretty much feral cat named
Renee. You know how many ferals/former ferals have their "One Person" and
that's the only one they love? And they tolerate no one else at all? Yep,
Renee is one of those. Sigh. The closest we came to moving forward was
one time I was on the floor with her, and slowly reached out my little
finger to touch her paw (man, am I either brave or stupid!). She left her
paw there for a second, pulled back, and then reached out her paw to touch
my hand for just a coupleof seconds. Since then, unfortunately, it's
pretty much been HISS-SPIT any time I've come near her.

I know she's grieving, too, and grabbed a pair of John's pants that was on
the couch in the house to bring with me for her to have the smell close to
her.

But I was hoping she'd be more settled by now! I've decided just to let
her figure out her own time to approach me.

And then the fact that I'm going to be *moving* to the house will probably
help -- lol! Yes, I've decided to move, and actually have my own house!
Of course, Renee's smells are all over it, so she'll be happy. My other
cats are just as likely to be hissy, but we shall see.

Ginger-lyn
Old February 8th 10, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote in message
4.39...
As I mentioned, there hasn't been a month go by without a diaster of some
sort, or something very sad. December, my brother died. He was only 51.
I am still mourning his death.

I'm very sorry for the loss of your brother, GL.

He left me the house I owned half of and he owned half of. And he left me
one basically nasty but beautiful tortoiseshell pretty much feral cat
named
Renee. You know how many ferals/former ferals have their "One Person" and
that's the only one they love? And they tolerate no one else at all?
Yep,
Renee is one of those. Sigh. The closest we came to moving forward was
one time I was on the floor with her, and slowly reached out my little
finger to touch her paw (man, am I either brave or stupid!). She left her
paw there for a second, pulled back, and then reached out her paw to touch
my hand for just a coupleof seconds. Since then, unfortunately, it's
pretty much been HISS-SPIT any time I've come near her.

She'll get used to her, I'm sure.

I know she's grieving, too, and grabbed a pair of John's pants that was on
the couch in the house to bring with me for her to have the smell close to
her.

But I was hoping she'd be more settled by now! I've decided just to let
her figure out her own time to approach me.

Good idea. At least you aren't uprooting her.

And then the fact that I'm going to be *moving* to the house will probably
help -- lol! Yes, I've decided to move, and actually have my own house!
Of course, Renee's smells are all over it, so she'll be happy. My other
cats are just as likely to be hissy, but we shall see.

Ginger-lyn

Purrs on the way for your loss, the cat and for your move.

Jill

Old February 9th 10, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_7_]

"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote in
4.39:

[...]

I'm sorry to hear about your brother.

Bobble
Old February 9th 10, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

You really are dealing with a lot, Ginger-lyn! I'm so sorry for both your
losses. The move will involve a not of work and upheaval, but I hope that
once the move is completed, everyone can settle down and things will be
better.

--
Joy

Old February 9th 10, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Yes, it must be terribly hard on them. I think that losing a child is the
worst thing that can happen to a parent.

--
Joy

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the
difference.

Old February 9th 10, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

it seems so, mom has gone and stayed with him to help him stablilze so he
wouldn't have to do the nursing home route, he is doing pretty good right
now, but he has so many issues it really is just a matter of time, i pray
alost more for them than i do for him. Lee

Old February 9th 10, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
moonglow minnow[_2_]

Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:
As I mentioned, there hasn't been a month go by without a diaster of some
sort, or something very sad. December, my brother died. He was only 51.
I am still mourning his death.

I'm so sorry. We all have our own ways and timeframes for mourning. Hugs
if you want them, and purrs from the clowder.

And then the fact that I'm going to be *moving* to the house will probably
help -- lol! Yes, I've decided to move, and actually have my own house!
Of course, Renee's smells are all over it, so she'll be happy. My other
cats are just as likely to be hissy, but we shall see.

Purrs for everyone to settle into some kind of harmony. Take care of
yourself.

minnow ^..^
--
http://twitter.com/taheenahana
http://www.flickr.com/photos/minnow/

OT - my dad died Cheryl Cat anecdotes 31 July 9th 09 04:21 AM
OT* My Neighbor Just Died :( Kyla =^..^=[_2_] Cat anecdotes 17 October 2nd 08 09:50 PM
OMG Hunter Died! CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 34 May 21st 08 10:44 PM
Dad Died (OT) jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 53 March 8th 08 03:13 PM
Loki's brother "Brother" ShirleyB Cat anecdotes 8 February 22nd 06 07:34 PM