Feline Parvo

Old November 10th 03, 10:43 PM
Jason

I have also posted under another thread "Vomitting, Diarrhoea, and
Normal Temperature?", some of my cat's symptoms seem to fall inline
with this disease. Is this common to be passed from a kitten to an
adult cat. I was looking after my girlfriends kitten for a while. her
cat is showing no signs of sickness. Mine started to get sick not too
long after her's left. Can akitten be a carrier but not be impacted
itself? My cat is 100% indoors and I am not sure if this was covered
in his last vacination.

Old November 11th 03, 01:43 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Alison Perera composed with style:
[...]

This sounds like a wave of the same new strain.

It's scary stuff, and makes a person grateful for modern vaccines.

-Alison in OH

This past summer there was a horrid breakout of panleuk here (mid
Atlantic region). I remember it vividly; it was just before Jul 4th.
I trapped 9 kittens and 4 mothers in a woman's yard for the SPCA and
all 9 kittens got sick within a week of being in the clinic getting
vetted, neutered and awaiting foster homes. Many many others got sick
as well, and I was kenneling at a fosterers house while she was away
for the long holiday weekend and out of about 40 kittens at her house,
about 20 had severe cases. Some of the older cats were ill, too. I
don't know if any of the adults died but many kittens did. If I'd
known ahead of time the conditions at her house I would have never
accepted the job. I have a FeLV+ cat at home (who was well-vaccinated
before getting sick and even had a booster against my better judgement
earlier this year but it was probably good that he did). I took all
the normal precautions like having a change of clothes at her house,
changed back before leaving, didn't wear my shoes in my house,
showered when I got home after each visit 2x per day, etc. None of
mine got sick but it was the worst, most heart-breaking wave of death
in the group I've ever seen.