Why they do this...?

Old July 21st 05, 02:36 AM
Kalyahna

"Flycaster" wrote in message
I have a generally well-behaved 8 year old cat when it comes to using
her litter box. She has only urinated outside of it a a couple of
times; however, although ocassionally (once. twice a month), she will
poop outside of it. Usually, when she does this, it will be on one of
our scatter rugs, and once or twice on our leather couch. We feed her
dry organic cat food, her litter box (same litter for many, many years)
is always clean, and she is in and has always been in excellent health.
Why does she have these accidents? I'm interested in knowing some of
the dynamics of this untoward behavior.
Thanks,
Adam

Could also be stress related. A friend of mine has a cat who poops out of
the box when he's feeling particularly uppity or just plain upset about
something.

Old July 23rd 05, 01:20 AM
Spot

Try taking the lid off. I have a large 17lb cat who will not use anything
covered. He prefers to balance on the edge of the box when he goes and it
can't be done with a hooded box.

Celeste

"Flycaster" wrote in message
dawn g via CatKB.com wrote:

Have you tried a larger box or one with a hood over it? My kitty

sometimes
would dig her hole in the center, but then not deposit in it. She would

be so
close to the edge that whoops!!! Once I got a hooded box, she couldn't

sit
on the edge anymore.

Try a phermone spray such as feliaway where the kitty has had accidents.

Her box is hooded and large. Problem is not that she poops just outside
the box, but rather in in appropriate areas.

--
To email, erase "forgetit"