Help! My cat is trying to live somewhere else.

Old November 8th 03, 04:40 PM
Elaine Rene

"mich" a écrit dans le message de news:

"mich" wrote in message

"Elaine Rene" wrote in message
. ..
I don't think he is unhappy with you.. he only likes to expand his
territory. A dominant cat. It is strange that the neighbors don't
complain of his visits if he attacks their cat. I suppose the

catfights
are
really more play.
If they are feeding him, ask them not to. Explain your worries that

your
cat will become independant of you.

I thought I would just put an update on this.
I fitted a cat flap for Mick. He already knew how to use it, and since he
got the "key to the door",it seems he doesn't want to go out and when he
does he comes back every hour to see me! He also spends most afternoons
indoors now ( although that may be due to a weather change).

If I go out and close the door, I put the cat flap on to let him in but

not
to allow him back out.
He seems happier now. As a side effect it seems most of his delinquent
behaviour ( scratching, biting, etc)seems to have disappeared in the last
couple of weeks too.

He certainly isn't visiting next door as regularly.

Well you found the perfect solution. Great news! I remember you were
thinking a bit about returning him. Glad you've reconciled with your cat.
:-)
Show us some pics sometime.

Elaine

Old November 9th 03, 05:48 PM
Alison

Hi Mich ,
I'm glad its worked out OK. I find Kim spends most of the time inside
in winter. She rarely leaves the garden for longer than half an hour ,
even in summer.
Alison