The things you come across on Usenet (cats)

Old July 9th 07, 02:03 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
chalk

Default The things you come across on Usenet (cats)

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

"chalk" wrote in message

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

"Baldoni @googlemail.com" baldoniXXVnil wrote in message
I would never let any of my cats wear a collar.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/control-pet-cats/

Saying that the people in the UK are watched and spied upon by Govt
agencies, who knows what is next. Camera's in trees !

--
Count Baldoni

Any country that has nothing better to do than catch cats to make sure
they have collars with one or more regulation bells on them deserves to
die a natural death and be taken over by some country whose management
has better things to do....GB is no exception.........

Think of all the employees on the government payroll that it takes to
enforce
such nonsense. Why do you think the elitist liberal Al Gore dreamed up
the Junk Science of "Global Warming"?

These are, "limousine liberals", like Barbara Streisand, Brad Pitt and
Angelina Jolie......They are always looking down on people who shop at
Wall-Mart. (They can afford to buy their veggies at Tiffanies) Or, as G.
Gordon Libby says, they want to save all the poor, downtrodden people of
the world using my money to do it with........I call them Robin-hooders.
They never saw a tax they didn't love, and they want to steal my money and
give it to the poor. They assume everyone who is rich got their money as
easily as they got theirs.....It never occurs to them that some of us
worked and saved for 40 years in order to get enough money to retire
on..........And we didn't get it by climbing up the backs of the poor.

John Edwards is conducting a presidential campaign that is driven by
"Two Americas," one rich & one poor. Of course, this is a classic
liberal Democrat campaign based on class warfare. The hypocrisy is
that Edwards routinely treats himself to $400 haircuts and owns
several mansions. Moreover, he got his wealth by putting good
doctors out of business with junk lawsuits.

Old July 9th 07, 02:40 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

"chalk" wrote in message

[...]

According to his barber, the cut was more like $1200.....But that's beside
the point....I could care less. If that's the way he wants to spend his
money, then that's his business. I just don't like him wanting to steal my
money away from me and give it to his charitable institutions. I can do that
very well myself, thanks. In the final analysis, Robin Hood was no more than
a thief. The fact that he gave his stolen money to his favorite charity
doesn't make him any the less a thief.
When I was young my father told me to save 10% of everything I earned,
and I would always be independent and comfortable. So I did, and I was able
to retire a millionaire (or close to it) at 61. Now, people like Ralph Nadir
and Hillary and John Edwards want to steal my money away from me and give it
to the grasshoppers who laughed at the ants and fiddled away all Summer.
They are now talking about universal health care....Why do I pay over $700 a
month for my (and my family's) health care? Why would I want my government
to steal my tax dollars and buy health care for the grasshoppers? My father
would be rolling over in his grave if he knew. Should I go to where he is
buried and say, "You were wrong dad. I should have spent every cent I ever
earned on fast cars and booze and women, because today the grasshoppers are
at the door, and when I opened it a crack Hillary stuck her foot in it and
is making me pay for them! Nadir wants all my estate to revert to the
government when I die......He doesn't want me to leave any of it for my
children....But those children were the ones who had to go with less because
I was saving that 10% of my salary while they were growing up. They had to
do without those designer Jeans that the other kids were wearing, and they
had to ride around in my 10 year old jalopy while their classmates were
riding in new Porsches and MB's. Now, when I die, they are the ones who
deserve to inherit the balance of my estate, and not the government, who
will blow it away on trips to the moon and other boondoggles. But I don't
know how to tell Ralph Nadir this.....I don't get the chance to talk to the
likes of him. And. when I see him on TV, the other people who talk to him
don't say what I want to say to him. I am sick of standing up in the middle
of my living room floor and screaming at the TV.....(My wife is pretty sick
of it too.....:^)

Old July 9th 07, 02:45 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(PeteCresswell)

Default Which one of you started this freaking debate again?

Per Matthew:
Here we go again another newbie starts a thread. Someone says keep your
cats in or out

Similar to "Helmet" threads in rec.bicycles.tech.... They go on
and on and on..... and after you read a few, you recognize each
point in every following thread.
--
PeteCresswell
Old July 9th 07, 02:58 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

"Matthew" wrote in message
Here we go again another newbie starts a thread. Someone says keep your
cats in or out and this BS debate of inside or out starts again. And all
of you jump on the band wagon it is getting pretty pathetic that you all
do this. And now with the cross posting it gets even worse.

Would you all get over it People over seas have a different view point
you will never change it. People here have a different view point you
will never change it. You can't debate or even discuss it rational as
past threads and this one have proven time and time again. You all ended
up acting like how do the British say it a bunch of *******.

It isn't a British/American thing....It's a city/residential/rural
thing....There are some places where you just can't keep cats outside, and
other places where it would be foolish to keep them inside. (see my post
above)

Both you and me and a few others William know it is a matter of location,
choice. I may not believe in it but I know better than to try and convince
someone not to do it or to do it. They will do what they want no matter
what. We used to have barn cats when I was on the farm; where my nearest
neighbor was 2 miles away there was no road traffic, no predators. There I
had no problem with the cats being out. Here where I am with multiple
predators, cars and other dangers close there is no way they would be out.
That is my choice

Old July 9th 07, 03:00 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per Matthew:
Here we go again another newbie starts a thread. Someone says keep your
cats in or out

Similar to "Helmet" threads in rec.bicycles.tech.... They go on
and on and on..... and after you read a few, you recognize each
point in every following thread.
--
PeteCresswell

It just gets old after a while If you can agree with me there Pete. It
seems it is always started by a newbie and the band wagon starts.
Than the ones that need to be on medication or out to prove they are right
and you a wrong come out. My kill file will fill up to summer is over again
more in likely

Ps how you been doing Pete haven't seen you post much

Old July 9th 07, 04:20 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 14:28:17 -0700, bookie wrote:

On 8 Jul, 20:53, Charlie Wilkes
wrote:
On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 12:20:42 -0700, bookie wrote:
Would you all get over it People over seas have a different view
point
you will never change it. People here have a different view point
you
will never change it. You can't debate or even discuss it rational
as past threads and this one have proven time and time again. You
all ended up acting like how do the British say it a bunch of
*******.

i didn't say a word about that! just about putting collars on cats,
which i am opposed to fro several reasons, but i am sure someone will
argue against me about it.
i can't be arsed with getting into that tedious debate again; I am
never going to change your mind and you are never to change mine no
matter much we rant on, so we have to agree to disagree.

Bookie, you goddamn liar, you posted about this less than 8 hours
ago...

"keeping them captive indoors is against their nature you dumbo"

You are an outdoor cat militant. I only hope your cats don't have to
pay the ultimate price for your wrong-headed view of this subject.

Charlie

you m,ake it sound like I make them live outdoors with no access to the
indoors, totally incorrect, i just give them the choice and I leave the
back door open whenever i am in.mostly they stay indoors where the soft
cushions and the food is, sometimes they go to sunbathe outside and to
check out their territory (our tiny back garden) but i like to give them
the choice.
i would rather they were able to go outside and exoperience a bit of
nature than go stir crazy indoors.

Yes, you've explained your opinion before. My point is that you are a
chronic instigator on this subject, despite your protest to the contrary.

Charlie
Old July 9th 07, 07:29 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

"Matthew" wrote in message
Here we go again another newbie starts a thread. Someone says keep
your cats in or out and this BS debate of inside or out starts again.
[...]

Exactly. And, I respect that choice. That's why the argument is
ridiculous....It depends on the circumstances......If you lived on a farm,
even your dogs would probably run free. It is also, in some respects a
matter of convenience....We can leave the house for a week or more, and as
long as we leave them enough food and water, our cats will be sleeping in
the same spot we left them a week ago when we get back home. We don't have
to arrange for boarding or anything that one would have to do for animals
that are more dependent on people. If we were killed on the road, all of our
cats would eventually drift to the neighbor's houses and survive
easily......(Our neighbors already know them very well)

Old July 9th 07, 08:39 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Little Hawk

Matthew wrote:
"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per Matthew:
Here we go again another newbie starts a thread. Someone says keep your
cats in or out

Similar to "Helmet" threads in rec.bicycles.tech.... They go on
and on and on..... and after you read a few, you recognize each
point in every following thread.
--
PeteCresswell

It just gets old after a while If you can agree with me there Pete. It
seems it is always started by a newbie and the band wagon starts.
Than the ones that need to be on medication or out to prove they are right
and you a wrong come out. My kill file will fill up to summer is over again
more in likely

Ps how you been doing Pete haven't seen you post much

i don't think there is a right or wrong when it comes to keeping a cat
indoors or letting the fur ball out for a romp.
all depends on location
Old July 9th 07, 10:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mr Tanaka

On Jul 9, 8:30 am, Anne Jackson wrote:

Your cats probably go to your neighbours' gardens for a crap!

haha

Old July 9th 07, 12:14 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Baldoni

William Graham used his keyboard to write :
"Baldoni @googlemail.com" baldoniXXVnil wrote in message
I have never seen a cat on a motorway in my life, and I have spent a lot of
time driving on them.

They are too damn noisy for one thing.

Cats don't like motorways, but they sometimes have to cross them in order to
get where they are going....If the speed limit is 25 mph or less, the cats
seldom have any problem with this.....It's when the teenagers are doing 40 in
a 25 zone that the problems occur. Cats can't conceive of anything that goes
that fast, and don't know how to avoid it......

I think we may use the same word for a different meaning as is common
with the English spoken in the UK and in America.

Our motorways are similar to a freeway or turnpike. The maximum speed
limit is 70mph though many go faster and the slowest anyone goes is
about 50mph which is considered way to slow.

The cat must have some important business if it wants to go across
there. I tried once in the evening and it was hard work. :-)

--
Count Baldoni