neighbours yet again (OT)

Old March 19th 13, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default neighbours yet again (OT)

a big tree has fallen into my garden and although there are signs it is
being cut up nothing has happened for a month.
So I went round to see what was happening.

It's the man who owns the rest of the garden next door - the man who sold
the house to my awful neighbours.

He immediately was prepared to get cross until I said "hey, I not here to
get annoyed, I just want to know what you are doing about it."
He has been ill with vertigo, so I am not pushing him. He will do it as
soon as he can.
I asked him if he realised that the people he sold the house to were dumping
rubbish over their back wall on to his land and he said yes and when he felt
better he would throw it all back. He also noticed their wall, and he
thinks they have stolen some land from him (like they have from me)
He has told them that he will measure the 30 metres he sold them and if it's
a tiny bit over, they will have to take the wall down. Wouldn't that be
brilliant?
He said they asked him to buy more land from him. My heart dropped.
Then he said "not in their wildest dreams"
Phew.
Tweed

Old March 19th 13, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

[...]

I had a similar incident with neighbors behind me and their tree. They
have trees that surround their property so you can't see the house.
Fine, but the trees put in have a short life, maybe 20 years, because
they grow fast. They started breaking one by one, and one of them fell
on my fence. My neighbors to the left are wonderful and took care of it
as part of it was on their property too. Luckily this was before I
replace my fence with a brand new one. So this past fall the neighbors
to the back were trimming the remains of the old trees and left a big
branch hanging over my NEW fence, so I just pushed it back over to their
side.
Old March 20th 13, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Cheryl" wrote in message
b.com...

[...]

But after "if you don't allow me the side 6ft 6 wall in front of your
kitchen window we will block your car in" causing me to spend an insane
amount of money to have my own dropkerb put in.

It would be fabulous if they have to take down the back wall, which is all
they have as the other side neighbours have also refused.
They made it bad for themselves by throwing rubbish over their back wall
which was easily traced back.

I would be delighted if they have to remove the wall (which is too far into
my garden.)
I'll leave it up to him.

I'm not sure what their problem is. They have now set up CCTV cameras. It
is very safe here so there is no real need to do that. One of the cameras
is looking at the front of my house which I don't like.
Maybe they think (know..) that they were out of order and they expect me to
do what?
Break into their house?

the worse thing we had was a cycle theft recently. leaflet from the police
saying "did you see anything?"
Boyfie might have but he refused to say whether he did or not.

Old March 21st 13, 11:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Christina Websell wrote:

I'm not sure what their problem is. They have now set up CCTV cameras. It
is very safe here so there is no real need to do that. One of the cameras
is looking at the front of my house which I don't like.

I'm pretty sure that's illegal, actually:
http://www.problemneighbours.co.uk/w...ighbours-cctv-
camera.html

http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8429

Deb.

--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old March 22nd 13, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Debbie Wilson" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I'm not sure what their problem is. They have now set up CCTV cameras.
It
is very safe here so there is no real need to do that. One of the
cameras
is looking at the front of my house which I don't like.

I'm pretty sure that's illegal, actually:
http://www.problemneighbours.co.uk/w...ighbours-cctv-
camera.html

http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8429

Deb.

Those links do not work for me, but almost everything they do is illegal.
The neighbour who sold them the plot is now looking into whether they have
put their back wall too far into his land. He is also aware that they have
thrown a lot of rubbish over and he intends to throw it back.
It would be brilliant if the wall is too far on to his land and they have to
take it down. that would sort my wall problem out.
He says he sold them 30 metres and he intends to measure it.
Yes, I think they sneaked a little more. Wouldn't it be nice if they had
to take it down?
They want to build a 6 ft 6 wall all round their house. I have refused and
I assume their other neighbours have it's not happening.

They seem to be paranoid. I might stand outside on my drive for a while and
drive their electric bill up. It's not just the CCTV, the minute I step
outside their lighty-thingy-get the burglars light comes on.
I can't even get logs in for my woodburner without their light coming on or
their CCTV sneaking a look at me.

Fed up with them.

Old March 23rd 13, 08:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~
I have motion-detector security lights that may be like the burglar light
you described. I had to have it adjusted a couple of times to avoid the
problem you have--it was coming on with the slightest motion, even beyond
the perimeter of my property. I had it adjusted so it would only be set off
on my land and also had the angle of the light changed so it would not be
aimed at someone else's house. No one else complained--I simply did not
want the light to be an annoyance to my neighbors, so we concentrated on
getting the angle correct. Incidentally, the light at my front door has two
purposes. One is security, as the name implies. However, I really do not
have many fears. Of much more importance, I want the light to come on so
anyone coming to my door after dark will see the three steps (and hand rail)
that lead to the house. I would not want to have anyone trip and fall if
they did not see the steps.

MaryL

Old March 23rd 13, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"The Other Guy" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 22:15:57 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Those links do not work for me, but almost everything they do is illegal.

I know the laws are different in the UK,
anyone considered an ASBO against them??

I wish! I might have a word with the police re their CCTV including my
front door in its sight.
My take on it is that they know how badly they've upset me and expect me to
retaliate by damaging their property or something.
I don't work like that, I am far more sneaky ;-)
There is now a real possibility that they will have to take their back wall
down as someone alerted the person they bought the land from that they may
have stolen a bit of his land. And they have.
Me? Perish the thought.

They aren't having much luck with their 6 ft 6 inch wall around their house.
Pity, isn't it?

Tweed