Neighbors cat is trying to move in

Old April 14th 15, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lord Bergamot

Default Neighbors cat is trying to move in

For several weeks she's been coming in, eating, sleeping,
playing. My cats have accepted her into the pack.

Her owner put a collar on her so I know she's not a stray. She's
a nice cat, about the same age as Hondo. She's getting about the
age to go into heat. I've started locking her out of the house, hoping
she'll go home and stay there. I don't have much hope. She's
staying in the dog house, outside the back door. Every time the
door opens she looks out and meows. I don't need another female
cat who hasn't been fixed, or even another cat.

I've got all the cats I want.

--
:-)
Don't let the Zombies get you!!!!

My God is better than your god!!!!

Old April 14th 15, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lord Bergamot" wrote in message

For several weeks she's been coming in, eating, sleeping,
playing. My cats have accepted her into the pack.

Her owner put a collar on her so I know she's not a stray. She's
a nice cat, about the same age as Hondo. She's getting about the
age to go into heat. I've started locking her out of the house, hoping
she'll go home and stay there. I don't have much hope. She's
staying in the dog house, outside the back door. Every time the
door opens she looks out and meows. I don't need another female
cat who hasn't been fixed, or even another cat.
I've got all the cats I want.
--

If you are sure she is being looked after properly say NO..otherwise accept
your fate.

Old April 14th 15, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 4/13/2015 9:08 PM, Lord Bergamot wrote:

For several weeks she's been coming in, eating, sleeping,
playing. My cats have accepted her into the pack.

Her owner put a collar on her so I know she's not a stray. She's
a nice cat, about the same age as Hondo. She's getting about the
age to go into heat. I've started locking her out of the house, hoping
she'll go home and stay there. I don't have much hope. She's
staying in the dog house, outside the back door. Every time the
door opens she looks out and meows. I don't need another female
cat who hasn't been fixed, or even another cat.
I've got all the cats I want.

How well do you know your neighbors (the one where your visitor cat
*should* be staying with)? If you know them well enough, I suggest that
you talk to them and request that they have "their" cat spayed. You
would be doing both yourself and the cat a favor--not to mention
reducing the likelihood of still more overpopulation.

MaryL

Old April 14th 15, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Lord Bergamot wrote:

For several weeks she's been coming in, eating, sleeping,
playing. My cats have accepted her into the pack.

Her owner put a collar on her so I know she's not a stray. She's
a nice cat, about the same age as Hondo. She's getting about the
age to go into heat. I've started locking her out of the house, hoping
she'll go home and stay there. I don't have much hope. She's
staying in the dog house, outside the back door. Every time the
door opens she looks out and meows. I don't need another female
cat who hasn't been fixed, or even another cat.
I've got all the cats I want.

Assuming she is still going home sometimes, have you tried attaching a
note to her collar? Of course, the owner may have abandoned her - my
Patches had been a stray for three years (and freeloading next door,
where they fed their cats outdoors) before he discovered my pet door,
decided I served better vittles, and moved in.
Old April 14th 15, 10:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lord Bergamot

The Other wrote:
On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 21:08:05 -0500, "Lord Bergamot" wrote:
I don't need another female
cat who hasn't been fixed, or even another cat.

How do you know she's intact?

I'm assuming she's intact, since people around here don't
spend that kind of money on their pets, and she's so young.

And YOU may not think you need another cat,
but it's what SHE thinks that is important.

--
:-)

Old April 14th 15, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lord Bergamot

wrote:
[...]

I don't have any idea who the owner is. Houses are so spread out
around here, all I can be sure of is the direction. I plan to ask my
nearest neighbor first. The neighbor on the other side of them I'll
ask, but I doubt he'd even buy food for his pets, much less a collar.

There was so much much trouble giving away kittens the last time,
I don't want to even try again. Hondo is nine months old, and I've
given up trying to give him away.

--
:-)

Old April 14th 15, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lord Bergamot

wrote:
Lord Bergamot wrote:

[...]

I thought of attaching a note to the collar, only problem is,
the collar was only on her for three days, then went missing.
I'm thinking about buying some collars for her and my cats.
I checked on ebay , but didn't see any listed that were break
away collars. I'll be going to town in a week or so, and see
if I can find one in a store.

--
:-)

Old April 15th 15, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lord Bergamot

Christina wrote:
"Lord Bergamot" wrote in message

For several weeks she's been coming in, eating, sleeping,
playing. My cats have accepted her into the pack.

Her owner put a collar on her so I know she's not a stray. She's
a nice cat, about the same age as Hondo. She's getting about the
age to go into heat. I've started locking her out of the house, hoping
she'll go home and stay there. I don't have much hope. She's
staying in the dog house, outside the back door. Every time the
door opens she looks out and meows. I don't need another female
cat who hasn't been fixed, or even another cat.
I've got all the cats I want.
--

If you are sure she is being looked after properly say NO..otherwise accept
your fate.

Since she suddenly had that collar on, when she hadn't previously
had one, I assumed she wasn't a stray, so that's when I started
trying to persuade her that she already has a home.

She must not have liked the collar, it only lasted three days. When I
buy some collars for my cats and it, I will try attaching a note for
her owner. I'll probably drive around tomorrow and talk to neighbors.
The nearest neighbors are dog people, but I'll start with them first.
I'll take her with me, in a carrier.

--
:-)

Old April 15th 15, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Christina wrote:
[...]

If she has decided she wants to move in with you, she is dissatisfied with
where she lives now, whether or not they have bought her a new collar.
I adopted Kitty Farmcat (RB) after she'd been living in my garden for some
time. Imagine my surprise when years later I found out her home was only a
few doors away. She had decided she didn't want to live there any more.
Didn't blame her, actually..
It's pointless to trawl her around the neighbourhood, she has decided she
wants to live with you. Accept it.
Tweed

Old April 15th 15, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Lord Bergamot wrote:

[...]

Don't bother. She is determined that you are her new home.