My kitties miss their junk food

Old December 29th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default My kitties miss their junk food

Last week, I ran out of the super-premium cat food that my kitties
usually eat, so I went to the mom & pop next door to get them some
canned Friskies, to tide them over until I could get to the store that
sells the good brand. It's hard for me to get there during the work
week, and between working and Christmas, I wasn't able to go until
last night. So now they have their good stuff again, and they're not
happy. These cats *love* Friskies. I also ran out of their premium
dry food, and had to give them junk kibble (also Friskies). They ate
that stuff like candy. Probably *was* like candy! The kibble bowl would
be completely empty every night when I got home. Now they're back to
good quality kibble and they look at me like, "Why are you giving me
this lousy food? I want that good stuff again!!" Sorry, guys - it's
back to health food, no more McDonalds.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old December 29th 08, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

wrote

| Last week, I ran out of the super-premium cat food that my kitties
| usually eat, so I went to the mom & pop next door to get them some
| canned Friskies, to tide them over until I could get to the store that
| sells the good brand. It's hard for me to get there during the work
| week, and between working and Christmas, I wasn't able to go until
| last night. So now they have their good stuff again, and they're not
| happy. These cats *love* Friskies. I also ran out of their premium
| dry food, and had to give them junk kibble (also Friskies). They ate
| that stuff like candy. Probably *was* like candy! The kibble bowl would
| be completely empty every night when I got home. Now they're back to
| good quality kibble and they look at me like, "Why are you giving me
| this lousy food? I want that good stuff again!!" Sorry, guys - it's
| back to health food, no more McDonalds.

My owners are exactly the same way. Friskies must have MSG in it or
something. The better the quality of the food, the less they like it. But at
least they do dislike the really cheap stuff (generic brands).

Old December 29th 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

bastXXXette
Last week, I ran out of the super-premium cat food that my kitties
usually eat, so I went to the mom & pop next door to get them some
canned Friskies, to tide them over until I could get to the store that
sells the good brand. It's hard for me to get there during the work
week, and between working and Christmas, I wasn't able to go until
last night. So now they have their good stuff again, and they're not
happy. These cats *love* Friskies. I also ran out of their premium
dry food, and had to give them junk kibble (also Friskies). They ate
that stuff like candy. Probably *was* like candy! The kibble bowl would
be completely empty every night when I got home. Now they're back to
good quality kibble and they look at me like, "Why are you giving me
this lousy food? I want that good stuff again!!" Sorry, guys - it's
back to health food, no more McDonalds.

LOL,
All we feed ours are them canned Friskies, 2 kinds, Beef and Chicken and
they have to be the 'prime fillet' cut and both Friskies Indoor ry and
Friskies Feline Favorites dry. Mosey has a fummy tummy and always harks up
the
dry food and the turkey canned makes him sick too. Wierd.
Friskies should make a ham flavored tinned cat food, I know MY cats would
love it
Hmmmmm
Kyla

--
Joyce ^..^

Old December 29th 08, 05:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On 29 Dec 2008 02:31:13 GMT, wrote:

Last week, I ran out of the super-premium cat food that my kitties
usually eat, so I went to the mom & pop next door to get them some
canned Friskies, to tide them over until I could get to the store that
sells the good brand. It's hard for me to get there during the work
week, and between working and Christmas, I wasn't able to go until
last night. So now they have their good stuff again, and they're not
happy. These cats *love* Friskies. I also ran out of their premium
dry food, and had to give them junk kibble (also Friskies). They ate
that stuff like candy. Probably *was* like candy! The kibble bowl would
be completely empty every night when I got home. Now they're back to
good quality kibble and they look at me like, "Why are you giving me
this lousy food? I want that good stuff again!!" Sorry, guys - it's
back to health food, no more McDonalds.

yeah, Friskies must taste pretty good. That's usually what I feed the
neighborhood cats, while my cats eat what I hope is healthier for
them. On occasion I've been known to run out of food for the outside
cats, and I put out some of the health food. It seems that the healthy
stuff lasts a lot longer ;-)
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old December 29th 08, 11:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Dec 28, 9:31*pm, wrote:
[...]

Yup, my Fin was the same way with Whiskas dry food. I fed him that
once in awhile, just
for a treat, and he would hoover it up as if it were candy. Then he'd
boring-but-healthy NutraMax. *sigh*

Now, the Princess Rita doesn't seem to like *any* food over the
others, or maybe she
just likes playing the fussy-kitty game with me.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old December 29th 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad[_2_]

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 23:47:02 -0600, Steve Touchstone wrote:
[...]

The healthy stuff has less filler. They don't have to eat as much.
Old December 29th 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Dec 29, 10:00*am, AZ Nomad wrote:

The healthy stuff has less filler. *They don't have to eat as much.- Hide quoted text -

Exactly! The healthy stuff may cost a bit more, but it's worth it
because they need to eat less of it.

It's hard to believe when you're counting every penny (like I was),
but once you break down
and buy that first bag, it becomes very clear.

Jane
Old December 29th 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Dec 28, 6:31*pm, wrote:
"Why are you giving me
this lousy food? I want that good stuff again!!" Sorry, guys - it's
back to health food, no more McDonalds.

For the last few years the Fabulous Furballs have been the same until
they ran into "Purina 1 Natural Balance" and now suddenly the good
stuff is hoovered up and they don;t like the junk food Because I
haven't got to the shops they just had a few days on Go Cat and
they've been bitching ever since- I was going to do my Xma present
shopping tomorrow (I am not seeing the family until next weekend,
which means they get incredible presents and I save a fortune!) but I
ended up doing it today just to get the cats something better and
they've just scarfed down Purina 1 and are speaking to me again!

(Even better my brother looks to be in Romford next weekend so I can
save even more on fares as he lives in Hastings so that's a good few
bob more than meeting him in Romford!)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs