Fat cat contest, it's wrong!

Old December 7th 04, 01:04 AM
Mary

"Sherry " wrote in message
LOL, yeah, the big black and white one is me.

Sherry

No, no, I meant the woman holding the cat!

That's what I meant. Me and Cherokee are both dressed alike! I miss that

cat
so bad. He was the best cat I ever had.

Oh duh, I get it. You'd be surprised how much we look
alike--I actually wore my hair like that ten years ago, too, though mine is
dark blonde. You look taller than me, though, I am only 5'5". (I'd post a
photo but I've p*ssed too many people off and would hate to see my head set
atop a photo of a Sumo wrestler.)

Old December 7th 04, 01:38 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Sherry " wrote in message
So what have you been able to do to limit your cat's
food intake?

Lock her up in the bathroom to feed. That way the others can eat and I can

pick
up the bowls so she doesn't do clean-up. It's a pain. I don't know how

else to
do it. The others also like to "nibble" then come back and finish, but

they're
learning they better eat it before I grab the bowl.
And just try not to get annoyed at her constant begging. I'm hoping she'll
learn it doesn't get her any more food, and she'll stop. So far not.
I had a really fat cat once. It's so hard to get them to lose. I always

felt
really bad about him being so fat, even though he lived relatively healthy

till
17.
Here he is:
http://members.aol.com/sriddles/cherokeesherry.jpg
http://members.aol.com/sriddles/cherokee.jpg

Whoa - he was one big - & handsome! - cat! Yes, chunky, but he also looks
like he was just plain *large* - tall/long, big frame, & so on, esp. in the
first link's pic. Unless you're a really tiny little thing, making him look
extra large. ;-)

Cathy

Sherry

Old December 7th 04, 03:35 AM
Phil P.

"Sherry " wrote in message
LOL, yeah, the big black and white one is me.

Sherry

No, no, I meant the woman holding the cat!

That's what I meant. Me and Cherokee are both dressed alike!

No you're not! You're not wearing white socks! ;-

I miss that cat
so bad. He was the best cat I ever had.

He sure is a handsome cat. I said "is" because his spirit will live on as
long as you keep him alive in your heart.

How about a picture of Yoda? Its only been about 4 years....

Phil

Sherry

Old December 7th 04, 03:56 AM
Mary

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Mon 06 Dec 2004 08:04:52p, Mary wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
.com):

I'd post a photo but I've p*ssed too many people
off and would hate to see my head set atop a photo of a Sumo
wrestler.)

Aw man. Actually, I pegged you as someone who really wouldn't care
about that sort of thing.

--

Pffft. Nice try.

Old December 7th 04, 08:21 AM
Phil P.

"Yngver" wrote in message
itty (Sherry ) wrote:

t's so hard to get them to lose. I always felt
really bad about him being so fat, even though he lived relatively

healthy
till
17.
Here he is:
http://members.aol.com/sriddles/cherokeesherry.jpg
http://members.aol.com/sriddles/cherokee.jpg

A real cutie, and I have to say,

I'd say so, too... and the cat is a real cutie, too! ;-

I've seen fatter cats than that. One of my
previous cats, who also lived to age 17, was fat for a few years, when she

was
middle aged, but when she got older she got slim again, and it became hard

keep her weight up.

Obesity plateaus and then declines after about 7 -- then after about 11,
underweight conditions increase dramatically. Might be due to a decline in
sensory function appetite.

Fat digestibility decreases with age in cats - but protein and carb
digestibility stay about the same. A lot of older cats compensate for lower
fat digestibility by eating more. If you think about it, more older cats
are underweight than overweight - at least in my experience. Older cats
should be fed an energy-dense food - but they're also at the highest risk of
CRF.

When I get a chance, I'll try to find the cite about obesity and death. the
study showed obese cats over 8 are three times more likely to die than cats
at optimal weight.

This contest was very, very poor judgment.

Phil.

Old December 7th 04, 08:59 AM
Phil P.

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 21:33:27 +0000, Sherry wrote:

The problem was that he was a
rescue who had apparently been starving, and if he didn't get enough

food to
satisfy him he followed her around constantly howling. She just couldn't
stand
the horrible noise.

It's true! That's *exactly* how Biskit is. When we have company, she

even tries
to lead people to the food bowl.Everytime *anyone* gets out of a chair

at this
house, she runs to them, meows, and runs to the food bowl.

Sherry

That is TuTu's story too. She leads me to the food bowl every time I get
up. She doesn't always eat just then, but she wants food in that bowl.
At 15 1/2 pounds now. I think she has lost a little. MLB

I gotta ask, why did you name your cat TuTu? I'm not making fun of it - its
just that a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, someone very
dear to me was named Thu Thu (pronounced "Tu Tu").

Phil

Old December 7th 04, 10:15 AM
Sherry

Oh duh, I get it. You'd be surprised how much we look
alike--I actually wore my hair like that ten years ago, too, though mine is
dark blonde. You look taller than me, though, I am only 5'5".

Oooo that's uncanny. I'm not as tall as you are, not quite 5'2''

Sherry
Old December 7th 04, 10:53 AM
Sherry

Oh geez, thanks for asking. Here's a pic of him with the blanket he got for
his
birthday in September. He loves blankets.
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/yoblanket.jpg

Sorry, I screwed up the link.
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/yoblanket1.jpg

Sherry
Old December 7th 04, 02:29 PM
Phil P.

"Sherry " wrote in message
Oh geez, thanks for asking. Here's a pic of him with the blanket he got

for
his
birthday in September. He loves blankets.
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/yoblanket.jpg

Sorry, I screwed up the link.
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/yoblanket1.jpg

Sherry

He's one handsome fella! I feel like I know him - like we've been through
so much together! I never forgot him and how dedicated and determined you
were to pull him through.

That's a helluva tree! You made it? You could probably raise a fortune for
your shelter by building and selling them. Have you thought about doing
that?

I'm happy I got to see the Yo-Man..... finally.....after 4 years! ;-
Thanks for posting the pictures.

Phil

Old December 7th 04, 05:04 PM
Mary

"Sherry " wrote in message
Oh duh, I get it. You'd be surprised how much we look
alike--I actually wore my hair like that ten years ago, too, though mine

is
dark blonde. You look taller than me, though, I am only 5'5".

Oooo that's uncanny. I'm not as tall as you are, not quite 5'2''

No you're not! I always pictured you as tall!