Great news!

Old January 2nd 05, 01:45 AM
badwilson

Default Great news!

I got an email from my mom and she told me that she saw on the
internet that my dive operator is fine and all the people are fine. I
went to the site and I didn't see anything, but then I thought I
better click on the German flag for the German version because knowing
my mom, she would be reading it in German. And lo and behold, a big
yellow square came up with the following message:

NEWS FLASH - SIMILAN DIVING SAFARIS
To all Similan Diving Safaris friends, family and customers family:
all our customers and our team are safe.
Our boats and shop were spared, and we shall be back on 'normal
activity' in 2 weeks.
Due to the over-satured networks, it is almost impossible to reply now
to all your messages of sympathy.
We thank you, indeed, for your support in such a difficult time

I'm so happy! I've been so worried about them all and they haven't
responded to my email and I haven't been able to get through by phone.
Every time I went to the site, this message never came up. Now that I
got it from the German version, even when I click on the English
version again, the message comes up. Weird!

I went to Bangkok on Friday for New Year's. I was going to donate
blood for the victims, but found out that they've had so many
donations their blood bank is more than full. So I gave some money
instead. I'm very queasy about the blood thing and the main reason I
would have done it is because I thought they needed it very badly.
When I heard that they weren't desperate, it wasn't hard to change my
mind! I heard that the Thai military has been doing a great job and
they have things well under control.
I'm very sad for the King, he lost his only grandson. The whole
country mourns for the royal family and for all the other victims.
The mood in Bangkok was very quiet and sombre, the fireworks were
cancelled and the money donated to the relief effort. Still, at the
stroke of midnight, I was lucky enough to be in a suite on the 52nd
floor of the State Tower and the view was incredible. I thought of
what a terrible year 2004 was for so many people and I hope that 2005
will bring better things.
Happy New Year everyone!
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

Old January 2nd 05, 01:54 AM
CatNipped

"badwilson" wrote in message
[...]

Great news! I'm so glad they're OK.

[...]

Yeah, 2004 pretty much sucked for a lot of people. I too hope 2005 turns
things around.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 2nd 05, 05:49 AM
Jo Firey

It is going to be so hard for Thailand. They need the tourist money so
badly and there are resorts that are untouched. If they can keep people
from canceling. If not jobs will be lost and so will an important part of
the economy

Jo

Old January 2nd 05, 07:16 PM
Adrian

badwilson wrote:
I got an email from my mom and she told me that she saw on the
internet that my dive operator is fine and all the people are fine. I
went to the site and I didn't see anything, but then I thought I
better click on the German flag for the German version because knowing
my mom, she would be reading it in German. And lo and behold, a big
yellow square came up with the following message:

NEWS FLASH - SIMILAN DIVING SAFARIS
To all Similan Diving Safaris friends, family and customers family:
all our customers and our team are safe.
Our boats and shop were spared, and we shall be back on 'normal
activity' in 2 weeks.
Due to the over-satured networks, it is almost impossible to reply now
to all your messages of sympathy.
We thank you, indeed, for your support in such a difficult time

snip
Happy New Year everyone!

I'm very glad to hear your friends are OK. Ther have been so many sad
stories it's good to hear a happy one. Giving blood isn't so bad, I've
done it 55 times.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old January 3rd 05, 02:12 PM
JBHajos

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 08:45:52 +0700, "badwilson"
wrote:

I got an email from my mom and she told me that she saw on the
internet that my dive operator is fine and all the people are fine.

That's really great news. I'm so happy for them and for you. I
know you were terribly upset, worrying about them. I wish them well
in the future.

Jeanne
Old January 3rd 05, 02:35 PM
Marina

badwilson wrote:

I got an email from my mom and she told me that she saw on the
internet that my dive operator is fine and all the people are fine.

That's wonderful, Britta. I was worried about some people from my
department who often spend their Yule holidays in that area, but I saw
them both at work today, so that was a relief. (First day back after a
two-week holiday; that was not a relief. ;o/ )

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old January 3rd 05, 07:51 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-02, Adrian penned:

I'm very glad to hear your friends are OK. Ther have been so many sad
stories it's good to hear a happy one. Giving blood isn't so bad, I've done
it 55 times.

That's wonderful!

Health pros have a heck of a time sticking needles in me. It's not that I'm
scared; I'm not. I sit perfectly still as they prick me 4,000 times trying to
find the right spot. I've had doctors literally give up and refuse to poke me
again. Very frustrating. So I've been told not to volunteer to give blood,
as there are typically enough people donating that they'd rather have someone
who's easy to prick. I also get dizzy sometimes from standing up and such, so
I'd be worried about the effects of blood loss.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
Old January 4th 05, 02:17 AM
badwilson

On 2005-01-02, Adrian penned:

[...]

For me it's more of a phobia. I tend to pass out at the mere sight of
blood and pass out every time I get a needle unless I'm lying flat on
my back for a good long time. But I figured if they really needed
lots of blood, I would donate. But then when they didn't really need
any more, I was quite happy to change my donation to money.