goofy critters

Old April 6th 04, 09:10 PM
David Yehudah

Default goofy critters

I swear, sometimes I think these little hairy varmint critters are
trying to do me in with laughter.

A moment ago I visited the den on the way out the back door. 'Den' is
the right word for this room because that is what the critters have made
of it. All were sacked out on the couch snoozing away, when my next-door
neighbor's new peacock let out a cry. Immediately all heads were up, all
antennae tuned to this new, weird sound. Sam looked as if she were ready
to jump and run so fast as to leave her skin behind. Toby in particular
looked CONCERNED!

Well, it so happens I can do a pretty good imitation of a peacock, and I
know their peculiar cry is a challenge to any other peacock plus any
three friends he can round up to fight, without stopping to think of
possible consequences, I cupped my hands over my mouth and let out a
warbling scream at high volume right behind my critters.

Well.

Sam and Chuckles tied for the pet flap, Mac jumped over a pet barricade
between the living room and the den (he never could, before), and Toby
disappeared. If I hadn't seen the couch wiggle, I never would have
figured out where he went. He can't fit under the couch; he's too fat.
But when I peered underneath, there he was. I had to stand there and
hold the couch up before I could coax him out.

Critters; you gotta love'm.

Cheers,
Dave

Old April 6th 04, 10:35 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 13:10:31 -0700, David Yehudah
yodeled:

I swear, sometimes I think these little hairy varmint critters are
trying to do me in with laughter.

A moment ago I visited the den on the way out the back door. 'Den' is
the right word for this room because that is what the critters have made
of it. All were sacked out on the couch snoozing away, when my next-door
neighbor's new peacock let out a cry.

erm. Peacock? Who lives next door to you, the Hearsts?

An ex-BF of mine moved into a street in LA where an escaped peacock
had taken up residence. Don't ask me why, but he just lived there in
a tree, screeching and terrorizing the local dogs and cats.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old April 6th 04, 11:30 PM
Steve Touchstone

wrote:

[...]

ROTFL Mean...just plain mean is what you are. And just wait til they
think of a suitable punishment.

BTW I'd hate the idea of living next door to a peacock. Sure they can
be pretty and all, but LOUD! But what do I know, I'd love to have one
of the big parrots, who can also make g*dawful LOUD noises.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old April 7th 04, 01:29 AM
Duke of URL

"David Yehudah" wrote in message

[...]

ROTFLMAO!!!
--
The One-and-only Holy Moses

Old April 7th 04, 01:32 AM
Duke of URL

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 13:10:31 -0700, David Yehudah
yodeled:

I swear, sometimes I think these little hairy varmint critters are
trying to do me in with laughter.

A moment ago I visited the den on the way out the back door. 'Den' is
the right word for this room because that is what the critters have made
of it. All were sacked out on the couch snoozing away, when my next-door
neighbor's new peacock let out a cry.

erm. Peacock? Who lives next door to you, the Hearsts?

Our main town park has a large flock of peabirds - had them for years.
Occasionally, one will decide to try out another part of town. They never
stay, though.

Old April 7th 04, 04:12 AM
Sam Nash

[...]

And where was the "Hi all" on that? You know, the Dave Y synonym for BW.
Glad you're feeling up to your old tricks. And condolences in advance for
Patty!
Sam

Old April 7th 04, 07:01 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Kreisleriana wrote:

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 13:10:31 -0700, David Yehudah
yodeled:

I swear, sometimes I think these little hairy varmint critters are
trying to do me in with laughter.

A moment ago I visited the den on the way out the back door. 'Den' is
the right word for this room because that is what the critters have made
of it. All were sacked out on the couch snoozing away, when my next-door
neighbor's new peacock let out a cry.

erm. Peacock? Who lives next door to you, the Hearsts?

He must live smewhere that still has rural zoning - a lot of areas don't
allow poultry - even if they're considered "pets". (Peacocks are
decidedly noisy birds, though - I can't imagine wanting one living in
close proximity.)

An ex-BF of mine moved into a street in LA where an escaped peacock
had taken up residence. Don't ask me why, but he just lived there in
a tree, screeching and terrorizing the local dogs and cats.

Although parrots (the little green ones) are NOT native to Southern
California, there are quite a few colonies of them living wild in
Pasadena. The most persistent "urban legend" explaining it is that
there was a pet shop fire in the area (a good many years ago, now) and a
number of captive birds escaped to the great outdoors.