Purrs please for Breeze (RB)

Old August 5th 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Purrs please for Breeze (RB)

Hi all

Can you spare some purrs for a d*g thing?

Yesterday morning my brother and SIL had to send Breeze their 9-year
Staffie across the Bridge.

It was rather sudden, Sheila (my SIL who regarded Breeze as "her dog")
had been thinking Breeze didn't "seem right" for a few days, nothing
she could specifically say the dog was eating, drinking etc etc fine
but Sheila felt she wasn't "herself", so they booked a vet trip for
Saturday morning for a check-up. Then Friday Breeze had a seizure so
they rushed her to the vet and she had a second seizure when they got
there. After that the vet said the seizure had left her blind and kept
her in overnight.

When they called the vet Saturday to get news, they were told she'd
had two more seizures and was now deaf as well. They went to see her
at the vet's and she was obviously very distressed so Sheila held her
for the injection and they sent her on her way to join their 9 cats
already waiting for her (she was always good with cats i.e. she knew
who was in charge, their last cat, Pin (Also RB) will be glad to see
her as he's probably been missing his favourite pillow over there-
I've seen the pictures of this tiny little cat sound asleep on her and
her afraid to move)

They don't know the cause but the vet suspects it was a brain tumour

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 5th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Lesley wrote:
Hi all

Can you spare some purrs for a d*g thing?

Yesterday morning my brother and SIL had to send Breeze their 9-year
Staffie across the Bridge.

snip
They don't know the cause but the vet suspects it was a brain tumour

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

How very sad. Purrs for Breeze and purrs for you brother and SIL.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 5th 07, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Candle lit for Breeze's safe journey to the RB and condolences
to his family.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

ps.com...

Old August 5th 07, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sheelagh >o

On 5 Aug, 16:05, Lesley wrote:
[...]

Soft whispering purrs of sympathy to enfold you all,
Sheelagh "o"

Old August 5th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom

How very sad...Purrs heading out for both Breeze and her hoomins...

--Eric, Kim, and the Chigger Ranch Crew

Old August 5th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Inge Grotjahn

Am 05.08.2007 schrieb Lesley:

Can you spare some purrs for a d*g thing?

Purrs are coming over to guide Breeze to the bridge and to comfort the
aching hearts of your brother and SIL from

Inge and the catgang
--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge
Old August 5th 07, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs for a happy transition for Breeze and comfort for all who loved her.

--
Joy

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never
forgotten this.

Old August 6th 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

Lesley wrote:
[...]

Purrs for Breeze's family. Lighting a candle for Breeze's safe journey
to the Bridge.

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old August 6th 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Lesley wrote:

Can you spare some purrs for a d*g thing?

Yesterday morning my brother and SIL had to send Breeze their 9-year
Staffie across the Bridge.

Purrs for Breeze and her hoomins.

Old August 6th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 5 Aug, 08:05, Lesley wrote:

I called Sheila my SIL to tell her how sorry I was (I didn't see her
Saturday) and I told her about this ng and read back all the messages
and she asked me to pass on her thanks

Trouble is she's now going through the worse bit (We all do this),
she's distracted (I didn't know about this) because it is starting to
look like her mum will need to come and live with them/go in a home
and it is one thing to say "I wouldn't put mum in a home" (as she said
about my mum) and another to face the reality of having to quit her
job and become a full time carer and the stresses that puts on their
finance (A year or two back, Jim was offered the chance to buy into
the company where he works and become a managing director/part owner
and he had to re mortage to raise the cash so things are a bit tight
even with Sheila working)

So she's now saying she wonders if she hadn't been so distracted-
would she have picked up on a problem with Breeze earlier and maybe
got her to the vet in time to make a difference?

We all do that I think- I know I did with Fugazi and Isis

Still I hope I reassured her after all she did spot the beginnings of
the problem last week and she's ultimately sensible- apparently at the
vets on Saturday, Jim was crying and telling the vet whatever it took
to save Breeze do it and Sheila said she just stroked Breeze for a
moment and she says she could feel how distressed she was and she just
turned to the vet and said "Take her out of the cage and let's do what
has to be done. I'll hold her..I don;t want her last memory to be
sitting in a cage I'd rather she went to sleep with her mum holding
her"

Sheila is a very sensible woman (She has to be...my brother without
her would probably forget to do his shoelaces up!) and I am sure
she'll be okay but at the moment she is having a bad case of the "If
only's"