We are DISPLEASED.

Old November 16th 04, 12:29 AM
Enfilade

Default We are DISPLEASED.

We went away for the weekend to Maine and DP's parents came to town to
take in the city sights and cat-sit.

Smokey, as usual, likes anyone who feeds him. This cat would make
friends with Osama Bin Laden in exchange for a bite of a sandwich.

Kumani, "Sweetyface," was shy but sweet. Tyche was a hissing little
b*tch but that's to be expected, as she hates everyone except me and
DP.

The surprise was Nocturne. You see, Nocturne sleeps on the pillows of
the bed, and humans get whatever is left over. When Paul and Shelly
slept in our bed, Shelly didn't mind Nox but when Paul woke up and
found a cat on his head, he and Nocturne had a "discussion."
Something about Paul getting the pillow and Nox getting the floor.

Nocturne would not share a room with him for the rest of the visit.
She would approach Shelly, but Paul was not to be tolerated.

When we got home, Paul and Shelly were gone already. It took me five
minutes to find Nox, hiding under the bed. She withdrew from me,
even. After a bit she slunk up onto the bed, all very
low-to-the-ground. She poly'ed, and was soothed when I petted her,
but I had to give her the nip to get her relaxed like she is normally.
I was tired from teh driving, but when I went to nap in the bed,
Nocturne immediately halo'ed around my head like a big black afro, and
she even purred. I fell asleep feeling Nox's purr soothingly
vibrating through my pillow.

I'm sure that once Nocturne recovers from the traumatic shock of the
OUTRAGE of being displaced from HER bed, she will begin planning a
vile, foul punishment for Paul.

--Fil