OT. New physiotherapy tomorrow

Old May 24th 11, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default OT. New physiotherapy tomorrow

hopitus NFL wrote:

I was being funny. I had no inkling of wide brake pedal there. No
wonder you
mostly prefer sticks (what USA calls "manual") as if you stomped on
that
instead of the gas in a tight traffic situation.....you'd be what we
call a "sitting duck".
LOL if ever I get to UK (unlikely but possible) I will voluntarily
stay with public
transportation, which I hear is excellent...and those Big Red Buses
look like
major fun...unlike the Big Red Buses I used to see at the ERs.

I drove an automatic in the states, that one had a wide break pedal too.
I'd forgotten about the Toyota problems.

--
Adrian
Old May 25th 11, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Adrian" wrote in message
hopitus NFL wrote:

I was being funny. I had no inkling of wide brake pedal there. No
wonder you
mostly prefer sticks (what USA calls "manual") as if you stomped on
that
instead of the gas in a tight traffic situation.....you'd be what we
call a "sitting duck".
LOL if ever I get to UK (unlikely but possible) I will voluntarily
stay with public
transportation, which I hear is excellent...and those Big Red Buses
look like
major fun...unlike the Big Red Buses I used to see at the ERs.

I drove an automatic in the states, that one had a wide break pedal too.
I'd forgotten about the Toyota problems.

--
Adrian

Actually, most of those Toyota problems turned out to be driver errors. My
family swears by Toyota. My parents drove one (the same one) for about 25
years, I had my first one for 14 and have had this one for 10 years. Since
I'm not driving as much as I used to, I fully expect that I'll be unfit to
drive before it is. Both my children also drive Toyotas, as does my sister.
We have a variety of models and have never had real problems with any of
them.

Joy

Old May 25th 11, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

"Joy" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

Actually, most of those Toyota problems turned out to be driver
errors. My
family swears by Toyota. My parents drove one (the same one) for
about 25
years, I had my first one for 14 and have had this one for 10 years.
Since
I'm not driving as much as I used to, I fully expect that I'll be
unfit to
drive before it is. Both my children also drive Toyotas, as does my
sister.
We have a variety of models and have never had real problems with any
of
them.

Joy

My father has a Toyota he's had for about eight years, personally I'm
very happy with my Ford.
--
Adrian
Old May 25th 11, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

I drove an automatic in the states, that one had a wide break pedal too.
I'd forgotten about the Toyota problems.

Actually, most of those Toyota problems turned out to be driver errors. My
family swears by Toyota. My parents drove one (the same one) for about 25
years, I had my first one for 14 and have had this one for 10 years. Since
I'm not driving as much as I used to, I fully expect that I'll be unfit to
drive before it is. Both my children also drive Toyotas, as does my sister.
We have a variety of models and have never had real problems with any of
them.

Joy, that was better than a commercial. I agree with you. I've had
"brand loyalty" to Toyota since 1982. Mostly this is because I'm already
convinced they can be trusted, and I don't want to try something else
that I'm not as certain of. Cars are expensive, and I tend to be pretty
conservative (ie, risk-averse) with my money. I would consider buying a
Honda, but they're more pricey and a lot harder to find used.

Joyce

--
There is no alternative to being yourself.
Old May 25th 11, 06:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Joy" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

Actually, most of those Toyota problems turned out to be driver
errors. My
family swears by Toyota. My parents drove one (the same one) for
about 25
years, I had my first one for 14 and have had this one for 10 years.
Since
I'm not driving as much as I used to, I fully expect that I'll be
unfit to
drive before it is. Both my children also drive Toyotas, as does my
sister.
We have a variety of models and have never had real problems with any
of
them.

Joy

My father has a Toyota he's had for about eight years, personally I'm
very happy with my Ford.
--
Adrian

I think everybody should drive the kind of car they like best.

Joy

Old May 25th 11, 06:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote in message
Joy wrote:

[...]

Yup. If other people prefer other cars, that's fine, but I don't want to
drive anything else. I remember one time when I flew somewhere and had to
rent a car. When they handed me the key, I was thrilled to see it was a
Toyota key.

Even my daughter, who drove a Honda for years, is very happy with her Prius.

Joy

Old May 25th 11, 06:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"hopitus NFL" wrote in message
On May 24, 5:26 pm, "Joy" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

hopitus NFL wrote:

[...]

What Adrian so tactfully termed the "Toyota problems" had nothing to
do with the
ancient models you and your relatives are loyal to. I am more
interested in auto
doings than the average female of any age and watched and followed the
entire
saga. I don't truly "trust" any of the mfgrs AFA transparency to the
driving public.
I LOL because I only believe two theings:
Widespread recalls are not issued, after noticeable delay in doing so,
for "driver error".
Toyota is counting on *everyone* "forgetting" about the "problems".
I only drive what I drive because I understand it really thoroughly
and can detect
trouble (but not how to fix it myself) before it escalates to Big Bad
News.

***

My daughter's Toyota is only a year or two old. She loves it, and she was a
loyal Honda driver for many years.

Joy

Old May 25th 11, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Joy" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

My father has a Toyota he's had for about eight years, personally I'm
very happy with my Ford.
--
Adrian

I had a Ford once but I have been more happy with my French cars. My
Renaults lasted ages and my Citroen, Mr F is up and going for 7 years..
It's all I want from a car.
To start first time and get me where I want to go

Old May 27th 11, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"hopitus NFL" wrote in message

I am a fan of French cars. I like to buy them from elderly people who are
giving up driving, firstly because they look after them well and secondly
because although they may be old (the cars, that is) there will have a low
mileage.
My last three cars have been bought this way.
Two Renaults and my latest Citreon. All have lasted me at least 6 years
with no trouble from them.
Mr F, my Citreon, I've had him since 2004. He sips petrol, so cheap to run
and it would be really nice if my shoulder improves enough so I can drive
him again.
Tweed