Why does Tiger do this?

Old June 17th 11, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default Why does Tiger do this?

Tiger likes to sit on my lap. He does this many times a day. He comes
over and very carefully (24 pounds) steps on my lap and just stands
there. He stands for several minutes before he finally turns around and
lies down. I keep telling him to "take a seat" but he waits until he is
good and ready. Why does he do this?

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old June 17th 11, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Jun 17, 10:47 am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
Tiger likes to sit on my lap. He does this many times a day. He comes
over and very carefully (24 pounds) steps on my lap and just stands
there. He stands for several minutes before he finally turns around and
lies down. I keep telling him to "take a seat" but he waits until he is
good and ready. Why does he do this?

---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I can't come up with anything except the same reason Snag jumps up
when I'm sleeping and flops
on my head.......
(Alice in Wonderland)
Speak roughly to your litle boy and beat him when he sneezes
He only does it to annoy because he knows it teases.
Tiger is a cat, not a dog. He asserts his catdom.

LOL you bad cat slaves not knowing what the masters have to say. IT IS
SIMPLE YOU BE OWNED ;-)

Old June 17th 11, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Tiger likes to sit on my lap. He does this many times a day. He comes
over and very carefully (24 pounds) steps on my lap and just stands
there. He stands for several minutes before he finally turns around and
lies down. I keep telling him to "take a seat" but he waits until he is
good and ready. Why does he do this?

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Because he's a cat.

Joy

Old June 17th 11, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

I wonder the same about all my cats - they all do this.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old June 17th 11, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jun 17, 11:47*am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
Tiger likes to sit on my lap. *He does this many times a day. *He comes
over and very carefully (24 pounds) steps on my lap and just stands
there. *He stands for several minutes before he finally turns around and
lies down. *I keep telling him to "take a seat" but he waits until he is
good and ready. *Why does he do this?

* * * * * * * * * ---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

* (44° 15' *N - Elevation 1580')

Maybe because he knows you can't see the computer screen/TV when
he's standing up and thus he's getting your undivided attention. Never
think Tiger isn't smart enough for this kind of logic. :-)

Sherry
Old June 18th 11, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Tiger likes to sit on my lap. He does this many times a day. He comes
over and very carefully (24 pounds) steps on my lap and just stands
there. He stands for several minutes before he finally turns around and
lies down. I keep telling him to "take a seat" but he waits until he is
good and ready. Why does he do this?

-------------
At least he stands up while waiting to decide. Boyfie will get up on me and
knead me for far too long before settling down. His ears go back, his
backside goes down on my lap and he moves in a suggestive way.
I cannot help you with your question about why Tiger stands up for so long,
just saying the difference about the lap and how our both cats approach it.
Tweed

Old June 22nd 11, 08:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 18.6.2011 18:42, Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
Tiger likes to sit on my lap. He does this many times a day. He comes
over and very carefully (24 pounds) steps on my lap and just stands
there. He stands for several minutes before he finally turns around and
lies down. I keep telling him to "take a seat" but he waits until he is
good and ready. Why does he do this?

-------------
At least he stands up while waiting to decide. Boyfie will get up on me and
knead me for far too long before settling down. His ears go back, his
backside goes down on my lap and he moves in a suggestive way.
I cannot help you with your question about why Tiger stands up for so long,
just saying the difference about the lap and how our both cats approach it.

I wish Caliban would stay on my lap, but he has to get on the 'upper
shelf,' where I have to support him with my arms and he kneads my arms.
And yes, he stands there a long time, kneading my arms and bosom and
butting my face before he lays down.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

DH and Tiger Stormmee Cat anecdotes 2 May 9th 10 09:09 AM
Tiger Balm brings out the Tiger in my cat! badwilson Cat anecdotes 5 June 23rd 05 05:35 AM
Mad man Tiger ---MIKE--- Cat health & behaviour 3 June 22nd 05 05:34 AM
Why does Tiger do this? ---MIKE--- Cat health & behaviour 8 July 22nd 04 03:40 PM