Adopt This Great Cat!

Old June 27th 05, 02:24 AM
Mary

Default Adopt This Great Cat!

We have a gorgeous young male red tabby, neutered and vetted here. He has
been at the shelter a bit too long for comfort and will be "re-evaluated"
this Wednesday, June 29th. The shelter does euthanize cats.

We will not only pay his adoption fee but will find a way to get him to
you--if you can convince us that you can provide a good home to him.

He is in Orange County, California. It does not matter where you are.

Tell us why you would provide the best home for Conan!

Old June 27th 05, 02:41 AM
Cheryl

On Sun 26 Jun 2005 09:24:15p, Mary wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav ):

We have a gorgeous young male red tabby, neutered and vetted
here. He has been at the shelter a bit too long for comfort and
will be "re-evaluated" this Wednesday, June 29th. The shelter
does euthanize cats.

We will not only pay his adoption fee but will find a way to get
him to you--if you can convince us that you can provide a good
home to him.

He is in Orange County, California. It does not matter where you
are.

Tell us why you would provide the best home for Conan!

Thank you for stepping back and rethinking this. It shows you
really do care. Yes, Mary, I know you do care.

Regardless of your opinion of me and why I brought up concerns, and
regardless of whether I've stated *yet* whether I'd help
financially, I see no reason to think that Conan can't be adopted
locally. He's gorgeous, seems to have a good disposition from what
Philip said (take that as you will; I'm sure you will) and he's
young. And, he's apparently over his URI and is now healthy. He
should have no problem getting noticed and getting adopted. I like
the idea someone had to put up a sign on his cage that distinctly
describes his personality. Maybe someone local can type/write one
up and hang it on his cage. When I volunteered with our local SPCA,
the cats with very detailed descriptive signs on their cage (and on
Petfinders.org) recieved a lot of interest. In a large shelter such
as OC, there probably isn't a lot of personal interest paid to
individual animals. It would help if someone local could do that so
that any potential adopters could have some information about him.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields
Old June 27th 05, 03:54 AM
Philip

Cheryl wrote:
Thank you for stepping back and rethinking this. It shows you
really do care. Yes, Mary, I know you do care.

Regardless of your opinion of me and why I brought up concerns, and
regardless of whether I've stated *yet* whether I'd help
financially, I see no reason to think that Conan can't be adopted
locally. He's gorgeous, seems to have a good disposition from what
Philip said (take that as you will; I'm sure you will) and he's
young. And, he's apparently over his URI and is now healthy. He
should have no problem getting noticed and getting adopted. I like
the idea someone had to put up a sign on his cage that distinctly
describes his personality.

snip

You liked my idea. I graciously accept your compliment.

Old June 28th 05, 12:42 AM
Cheryl

On Sun 26 Jun 2005 10:54:38p, Philip wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:OTJve.12741$VK4.9557
@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net):

I like
the idea someone had to put up a sign on his cage that distinctly
describes his personality.

snip

You liked my idea. I graciously accept your compliment.

Yes. Why don't you write up something and go put it on his cage?
You're the closest.

Old June 28th 05, 01:48 AM
Philip

Cheryl wrote:
On Sun 26 Jun 2005 10:54:38p, Philip wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:OTJve.12741$VK4.9557
@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net):

I like
the idea someone had to put up a sign on his cage that distinctly
describes his personality.

snip

You liked my idea. I graciously accept your compliment.

Yes. Why don't you write up something and go put it on his cage?
You're the closest.

Visited today and met with Ms. Katherine Wilson. You people are being a
pest. Those are not her words buy mine visiting with her for about 10
minutes. She has to be very careful what information she discloses. Of
course, this does not mean others under her are so adept at following
confidentiality laws. Some cages now have a "Pet me, I love attention"
stickers on them. Seems to be limited to longer stay cats and those owner
relinquished.

Old June 28th 05, 02:06 AM
Cheryl

On Mon 27 Jun 2005 08:48:35p, Philip wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(news
Yes. Why don't you write up something and go put it on his
cage? You're the closest.

Visited today and met with Ms. Katherine Wilson. You people are
being a pest.

You people? LOL So we're all alike to you. I've never spoken with
Katherine. Or anyone else there. I'm just a bystander who can't do
anything from the other side of the country. I merely wrote my
concerns about Charlie and that knowing what I "know" about him,
yes from GOOGLE, which is all we have, that I WOULDN'T ADOPT A CAT
TO HIM. Simple. MY opinion. You all ran off the deep end with that.
Not my fault.

Those are not her words buy mine visiting with her
for about 10 minutes. She has to be very careful what
information she discloses. Of course, this does not mean others
under her are so adept at following confidentiality laws. Some
cages now have a "Pet me, I love attention" stickers on them.
Seems to be limited to longer stay cats and those owner
relinquished.

Next time you visit, can you bring up a written paragraph about his
personality? It would help. Hopefully one of the others interested
will be able to arrange getting him before you have to bother with
that.

BTW, I wasn't vilifying you in this. You couldn't deal with the
health issues, time was running out for an exchange, and you're not
the only one who's been in that position. I've seen it in RL, and
I've seen it on these groups. You just happened to make an enemy of
the one with the strongest "voice" here, and repitition does seem
to breed false truths around here.

Old June 28th 05, 02:10 AM
-L.

Philip wrote:

Visited today and met with Ms. Katherine Wilson. You people are being a
pest. Those are not her words buy mine visiting with her for about 10
minutes. She has to be very careful what information she discloses. Of
course, this does not mean others under her are so adept at following
confidentiality laws. Some cages now have a "Pet me, I love attention"
stickers on them. Seems to be limited to longer stay cats and those owner
relinquished.

Did Conan have such a sticker?

-L.

Old June 28th 05, 04:32 AM
Rhonda

You People! Gotta love it. We used to have a client who used terms like
that. Translation: "you guys are all bad and I am good..."

Philip, it seems like you are bothering Ms. Katherine Wilson more than
most of us.

I think I'm going to need a cat-group break after all of this.

Rhonda

Old June 27th 05, 03:10 AM
KellyH

"Mary" wrote in message
We have a gorgeous young male red tabby, neutered and vetted here. He has
been at the shelter a bit too long for comfort and will be "re-evaluated"
this Wednesday, June 29th. The shelter does euthanize cats.

We will not only pay his adoption fee but will find a way to get him to
you--if you can convince us that you can provide a good home to him.

He is in Orange County, California. It does not matter where you are.

Tell us why you would provide the best home for Conan!

Someone I know has contacted me about a possible home in the Seattle area
for Conan. So, if everything works out, which I should know by sometime
tomorrow, then the same transportation arrangements can be utilized. They
are awaiting approval from their landlord.

--
-Kelly

Old June 27th 05, 03:16 AM
biggerbadderbarry

KellyH wrote:

Someone I know has contacted me about a possible home in the Seattle area
for Conan. So, if everything works out, which I should know by sometime
tomorrow, then the same transportation arrangements can be utilized. They
are awaiting approval from their landlord.

--
-Kelly

I used to think you was sexy with your little attitude

Now I think it stinks, I want all your stuff out of my house by
morning, or Im slinging it on the sidewalk!

great..... Mischief Cat anecdotes 2 June 16th 05 08:00 AM
Otis and the Great Pyrennes Susan M Cat anecdotes 19 June 14th 05 03:55 PM
Great site for cat lovers The Cat Album Cat health & behaviour 0 May 8th 05 10:13 AM
The Great Cockroach Caper CatNipped Cat anecdotes 59 April 22nd 05 01:47 AM
About to adopt a shelter Manx Meghan Cat health & behaviour 14 December 20th 03 05:51 PM