OT Lesson to the wise

Old June 16th 05, 05:30 AM
Karen

Default OT Lesson to the wise

I have not been to a horse riding lesson in 6 months due to one thing and
another..being sick, Grant being sick, instructor doing shows, my
trip...etc. Well. I was sooooo stupid. Thinking "oh, it wasn't that bad when
I started taking lessons. I was never overly sore." Ahem. Waaaay different
not being in shape and *beginning* horse riding and going in and *working*
for an hour after not having done leg work (boy am I stupid) well. ow. ow.
ow. ow. ow. I mean, I was sore by the time I got home. I wonder if I can get
the girls to lie on my adductors and purr.

Old June 16th 05, 05:01 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-06-16, Karen penned:
I have not been to a horse riding lesson in 6 months due to one
thing and another..being sick, Grant being sick, instructor doing
shows, my trip...etc. Well. I was sooooo stupid. Thinking "oh, it
wasn't that bad when I started taking lessons. I was never overly
sore." Ahem. Waaaay different not being in shape and *beginning*
horse riding and going in and *working* for an hour after not having
done leg work (boy am I stupid) well. ow. ow. ow. ow. ow. I mean, I
was sore by the time I got home. I wonder if I can get the girls to
lie on my adductors and purr.

Ahhh, yes. I know that feeling well. Well, not from horseback
riding, but other sports.

Vitamin I (Ibuprofin) is your friend, as are bananas (potassium) and
whatever form of protein you like best. Also, if you can manage it,
stretch the muscles a bit and even try to use them a bit. It helps,
honest.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 17th 05, 05:44 PM
Marina

Karen wrote:

I have not been to a horse riding lesson in 6 months due to one thing and
another..being sick, Grant being sick, instructor doing shows, my
trip...etc. Well. I was sooooo stupid. Thinking "oh, it wasn't that bad when
I started taking lessons. I was never overly sore." Ahem. Waaaay different
not being in shape and *beginning* horse riding and going in and *working*
for an hour after not having done leg work (boy am I stupid) well. ow. ow.
ow. ow. ow. I mean, I was sore by the time I got home. I wonder if I can get
the girls to lie on my adductors and purr.

Owie! Many purrs for your aches to heal soon.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 18th 05, 10:29 AM
jmcquown

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
On 2005-06-16, Karen penned:
[...]

Ibuprofin has been shown in studies to cause more problems (risk of stroke,
etc.) with women in later life than just taking plain aspirin. Just my 2
cents (as an older woman).

Jill (who never takes Ibuprofin)

Old June 18th 05, 12:31 PM
Karen

in article , jmcquown at

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
On 2005-06-16, Karen penned:
[...]

I'm an aspirin gal for regular headaches. For muscle aches though, it just
doesn't seem to cut it. Since I rarely take it (and can't figure out why
anyone would take it for a headache as it does not do anything for those) I
think I'm probably OK.

Old June 18th 05, 03:38 PM
jmcquown

Karen wrote:
in article , jmcquown at

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
On 2005-06-16, Karen penned:
[...]

I take aspirin twice a day for the arthritis in my hands. It does the job.
I'm fortunate about headaches; I very rarely get one unless I have a sinus
infection or the very rare migraine (which nothing but sleep and quiet helps
anyway). For severe pain, there's nothing like BC Powder (I think it's a
Southern U.S. thing) to knock it right out.

Jill

Old June 18th 05, 06:18 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-06-18, jmcquown penned:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

Vitamin I (Ibuprofin) is your friend, as are bananas (potassium)
and whatever form of protein you like best. Also, if you can
manage it, stretch the muscles a bit and even try to use them a
bit. It helps, honest.

Ibuprofin has been shown in studies to cause more problems (risk of
stroke, etc.) with women in later life than just taking plain
aspirin. Just my 2 cents (as an older woman).

Jill (who never takes Ibuprofin)

I hadn't heard of this ...

Aspirin does nothing for me. Tylenol's good for headaches, but for
muscle aches and arthritis, Ibuprofin is *it*. I have arthritis in my
knees and lead a pretty active lifestyle, so I take Ibuprofin
frequently, but I even asked my doc about this and she said it's fine.

When I had my wisdom teeth removed, the vicodin didn't help; neither
did the tylenol with codeine. The only thing that helped was 800mg of
Ibuprofin.

Basically, if I couldn't take Ibuprofin, I'd be in a world of hurt.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 19th 05, 04:22 AM
Christina Websell

"Karen" wrote in message
I have not been to a horse riding lesson in 6 months due to one thing and
another..being sick, Grant being sick, instructor doing shows, my
trip...etc. Well. I was sooooo stupid. Thinking "oh, it wasn't that bad
when
I started taking lessons. I was never overly sore." Ahem. Waaaay different
not being in shape and *beginning* horse riding and going in and *working*
for an hour after not having done leg work (boy am I stupid) well. ow. ow.
ow. ow. ow. I mean, I was sore by the time I got home. I wonder if I can
get
the girls to lie on my adductors and purr.

I know that feeling, it hurts.
Once upon a time when I was young and not ill, I was asked if I would like
to go on a pony-trekking holiday in Wales. At the time I had a horse of my
own, so I didn't need the horse riding experience, but I thought the scenery
might be nice.
We rode all day. The first day my horse was a plodder but after they
realised I could ride I got a faster one which I enjoyed and I think the
horse did too. Pretty boring for a feisty horse to keep to a trot,
probably.
All the other people were in absolute agony after the first day. Their poor
muscles..they hurt so much. I was lucky because at the time I rode every
day.

Tweed