Adopt This Great Cat!

Old June 28th 05, 03:43 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:52:41 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

Meghan, did you miss the part where Cheryl or one of her buds called
the shelter and so frightened Katherine about Charlie Wilkes that she
will no longer authorize an out-of-town adoption? That is where we
stand. I have called her but she has not returned my call.

No, but I don't think that is a valid reason for giving up.

If it's illegal to jay walk, and it means that an animal will die in
the street if I don't run out there and grab him, then should I leave
him to die?

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old June 28th 05, 04:02 AM
Philip

Mary wrote:
"cmtowle" wrote in message

"Mary" wrote in message

"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary wrote:

By now someone has likely called and told them Dan is evil too.
It's the way these assholes work. We can't save this cat.

I must be missing something - Conan can't be saved because of
*speculation* about who was vilified? What?!

Word is, Katherine--due to Chery's telephone call to the shelter
vilifying Charlie, me, and likely Dan, but it matters not--will not
allow an out-of-town
adoption. I will not be part of anything that goes against shelter
policy, and
it is my money that was paying both his fee and Dan's expenses.

After all of this effort and at least 2 very good adoption
possibilities, why aren't these being aggressively followed up?

They are out-of-town adoptions and Katherine will not allow them.

snip

THAT IS A LIE OF YOUR OWN DESIGN, Mary.

Old June 28th 05, 04:03 AM
Philip

Cheryl wrote:
On Mon 27 Jun 2005 08:48:35p, Philip wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(news
Yes. Why don't you write up something and go put it on his
cage? You're the closest.

Visited today and met with Ms. Katherine Wilson. You people are
being a pest.

You people? LOL So we're all alike to you. I've never spoken with
Katherine.

In the line of Ross Perot's "You people ... the volunteers...". :^)

Or anyone else there. I'm just a bystander who can't do
anything from the other side of the country. I merely wrote my
concerns about Charlie and that knowing what I "know" about him,
yes from GOOGLE, which is all we have, that I WOULDN'T ADOPT A CAT
TO HIM. Simple. MY opinion. You all ran off the deep end with that.
Not my fault.

snip

You chose to run your mouth before considering what DAMAGE your opinion at
this time would do. You know how these women are geared ... you are one of
them. Don't give me ANY excuses for your inexcusable and irresponsible
behavior. It will fall on deaf ears.

Old June 28th 05, 04:07 AM
MaryL

"Trish Dunphy" wrote in message
I finally downloaded my xmas pics off my camera and thought I'd share the
pictures of my cats I love them!

Sookey Boo
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=163160

Peepers
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=163166

Squirrel
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=163171

Thanks
Trish

Beautiful cats. Thanks for posting. (Squirrel looks a lot like my very
first cat -- at least, my first cat as an adult. he lived to age 20.)

MaryL

Old June 28th 05, 04:28 AM
Mary

"Philip" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Mary wrote:
"cmtowle" wrote in message
> [...]

"Mary" wrote in message

"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary wrote:

By now someone has likely called and told them Dan is evil too.
It's the way these assholes work. We can't save this cat.

I must be missing something - Conan can't be saved because of
*speculation* about who was vilified? What?!

Word is, Katherine--due to Chery's telephone call to the shelter
vilifying Charlie, me, and likely Dan, but it matters not--will not
allow an out-of-town
adoption. I will not be part of anything that goes against shelter
policy, and
it is my money that was paying both his fee and Dan's expenses.

After all of this effort and at least 2 very good adoption
possibilities, why aren't these being aggressively followed up?

They are out-of-town adoptions and Katherine will not allow them.

snip

THAT IS A LIE OF YOUR OWN DESIGN, Mary.

You don't have to yell, you ugly old man. Of course it is not
"a lie" of my own design. You read the Anonymous CatKG
asshole's post this morning. If you can get your murky mind
off of your bleeding hemorrhoids for a minute, you will recall
that she said: " Despite, what Mary says, Katherine denied
that any sort of out-of-state adoption had been approved,
or ever would be."

See the entire post below.

This post, together with the fact that Katherine has not returned
my call, tells me that it is probably true. But even if it is not,
I am not asking Dan to drive out there unless I can be certain
he will be allowed to take Conan. We cannot guarantee
anything until I speak with Katherine, and she will not
return my calls.

So, I am at an impasse. Besides, Dan has returned the
adoption and travel expense money.

It's not a big deal, right? You said that Katherine
said he has until July 4th now. Surely the folks who
pulled together to oppose this rescue can find Conan
a home before then and a way to transport him. Many
have offered funds. It will be just fine. I did what I
could. I am not one to wale away at things I cannot
change. I tried to do some good and failed. You always
said I would, so, there you go.

"Jess A via CatKB.com" wrote in message
I recently started reading this board, and have been following Conan's

story!
After reading some of the messages, I became extremely concerned about the
fact that people could justify placing Conan with Charlie Wilkes. He

would
not provide a suitable home for Conan. Anyone who gets his cat high

should
not have a cat. From what I have seen over and over, he has shown that he
neglects, and in my opinion abuses, animals. I cannot believe that

anybody
would even think about placing Conan there. It makes me ill to think

about
the situation.

Anyways, what Mary said about the adoption and its process was completely
false. I was on the phone with Katherine at the Orange County Shelter

today,
and nothing Mary has said is true. Conan is not presently at risk for

being
euthanized. Yes, he will be "re-evaluated" on Wednesday, but Katherine

said
that as long as he is in good health and is an adoptable cat, which we

know
he is, he will be kept longer. I don't think that leaving him in the

shelter
for a few more days so we could find a more suitable home would pose any

sort
of a problem.

Mary claimed to have "arranged" for Conan to be picked up. Katherine said
numerous times that the Orange County Shelter is a publicly-run

government-
funded organization, therefore, no one can arrange for an out-of-state
adoption. Animals are adopted on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you
have the money, you can have the cat. Katherine said she did not receive

any
applications from Charlie Wilkes, because they have no applications

process
and they do not do ANY sort of screening. It is not possible that anyone
could have applied to adopt Conan, because they don't take applications.
Despite, what Mary says, Katherine denied that any sort of out-of-state
adoption had been approved, or ever would be.

You don't have to believe me, call the shelter and ask yourself.

Conan has some time, and I think it is a mistake for people to rush into

this
adoption. Take a little time, have some standards, and find Conan a good
home. At this point, nobody should settle for someone like Charlie.

Instead
the focus should be put on finding a really wonderful home for Conan with
someone that can give him all of the wonderful things he deserves.

--
A concerned cat lover

Old June 28th 05, 04:32 AM
Rhonda

You People! Gotta love it. We used to have a client who used terms like
that. Translation: "you guys are all bad and I am good..."

Philip, it seems like you are bothering Ms. Katherine Wilson more than
most of us.

I think I'm going to need a cat-group break after all of this.

Rhonda

Philip wrote:

Visited today and met with Ms. Katherine Wilson. You people are being a
pest. Those are not her words buy mine visiting with her for about 10
minutes. She has to be very careful what information she discloses. Of
course, this does not mean others under her are so adept at following
confidentiality laws. Some cages now have a "Pet me, I love attention"
stickers on them. Seems to be limited to longer stay cats and those owner
relinquished.

Old June 28th 05, 04:38 AM
Rhonda

Hi Meghan,

I'm still working on it, just in case... I had no idea things were
blowing up so badly while I was at work, working on this today.

I just can't believe she called the shelter. How can you judge someone
if you haven't talked to them, or given them a chance to explain? Then
take it upon yourself to ruin things for the cat? I am still just galled.

I even think she is a fellow Washingtonian. We are usually smarter than
that.

Rhonda

Meghan Noecker wrote:

Has anybody heard from Rhonda on a flight? If Dan can pick him up and
get him on the flight, then we are good to go. If they are happy to
get rid of Conan, then they will be happ to hand him over to Dan.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography

Old June 28th 05, 05:06 AM
Trish Dunphy

"Karen" wrote in message
in article , Trish Dunphy at
wrote on 6/27/05 5:02 PM:

I finally downloaded my xmas pics off my camera and thought I'd share

the
pictures of my cats I love them!

Sookey Boo
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=163160

Peepers
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=163166

Squirrel
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=163171

Thanks
Trish

Adorable family

thanks they're an odd family but at the least they're entertaining

Old June 28th 05, 05:08 AM
Trish Dunphy

"Trish Dunphy" wrote in message
I finally downloaded my xmas pics off my camera and thought I'd share the
pictures of my cats I love them!

Sookey Boo
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=163160

Peepers
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=163166

Squirrel
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=163171

Thanks
Trish

Beautiful cats. Thanks for posting. (Squirrel looks a lot like my very
first cat -- at least, my first cat as an adult. he lived to age 20.)

MaryL

thanks, my vet claims squirrel is going through his teenage years... what
fun!

Old June 28th 05, 05:26 AM
Philip

-L. wrote:
Philip wrote:

Visited today and met with Ms. Katherine Wilson. You people are
being a pest. Those are not her words buy mine visiting with her for
about 10 minutes. She has to be very careful what information she
discloses. Of course, this does not mean others under her are so
adept at following confidentiality laws. Some cages now have a "Pet
me, I love attention" stickers on them. Seems to be limited to
longer stay cats and those owner relinquished.

Did Conan have such a sticker?

-L.

Yes.

great..... Mischief Cat anecdotes 2 June 16th 05 08:00 AM
Otis and the Great Pyrennes Susan M Cat anecdotes 19 June 14th 05 03:55 PM
Great site for cat lovers The Cat Album Cat health & behaviour 0 May 8th 05 10:13 AM
The Great Cockroach Caper CatNipped Cat anecdotes 59 April 22nd 05 01:47 AM
About to adopt a shelter Manx Meghan Cat health & behaviour 14 December 20th 03 05:51 PM