Let there be light!

Old October 26th 05, 04:03 AM
Sam Nash

Default Let there be light!

Mistletoe, resident computer supervisor, has her very own spot on my
computer table. I take two "bath sheets" (extra large terry towels), fold
them into sixths, then stack them next to the computer processor. That's
Mistletoe's spot.

The table also has a swing-arm lamp with a 100W bulb (I like a LOT of light
when I'm doing work stuff). The evenings have gotten a tad cooler of late
(70F) so Mistletoe likes for me to swing the lamp arm directly over her
spot so she's got "soft underneath and warm on top".

The last couple of nights have been a bit warmer, so I've fired up the
computer without the lamp. Last night, no problem. Missy snuggled down
onto her spot with only the occasional "I'm here -- pet me" headbutt.

Tonight, I had to do some work so I slid the lamp over to illuminate the
papers I was using. When I got done, I turned the lamp off. Puttered
around the house for a few minutes then came back to the 'puter for RPCA. I
had just downloaded the messages when "Mee-YOW, Mee-YOW"!

Missy jumped on the table, bapped the lamp back over her spot, then repeated
her demand. Just for grins, I decided to ignore her. 15 seconds later, the
demands were repeated. I didn't move. Missy walked over, put one paw on
each shoulder and let fly with "MEE-YOW! MEE-YOW! MEE-YOW!, her face
nose-to-nose with mine.

The lamp was lit and she was appropriately stroked for her trouble.
Sam

Old October 26th 05, 04:12 AM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 20:03:37 -0700, "Sam Nash"
yodeled:

[...]

Stinky loves sitting under lamps. My mom says he's "getting a tan."

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old October 26th 05, 01:07 PM
Victor Martinez

Sam Nash wrote:
The lamp was lit and she was appropriately stroked for her trouble.

What a smart girl!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 26th 05, 03:49 PM
M Elizabeth

"Sam Nash" wrote in message
[...]

Well, let that be a lesson to ya...you got the in your face meow-ese tell
off