KFC has improved!

Old September 27th 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Default KFC has improved!

On Sep 26, 4:02 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Firstly, thank you to everyone who has posted purrs and prayers for her and
those who don't have time to say so but do it anyway (I am often in this
category myself.)
Secondly, here is the update I promised "after the weekend." No improvement
by Monday would have meant a TED visit for sure.

Kitty was so poorly that I really did think it would soon be the end for
her. I have had several dogs with CRF that I kept going for a long time but
it always got them in the end, and I thought I recognised that downward
spiral of refusing to eat anything much, depression and lethargy that comes
with end-stage CRF.

However, whatever you lot were doing, keep doing it! It seems to be
working.
She is so much better than the dying cat she was last week. She presents
herself for breakfast and dinner again - could be to do with the extremely
expensive food she is now eating :-) No, I am just joking about that.
It has been my experience in CRF (with dogs) when they are beginning to get
into "I will not eat ordinary food" it is a sign that you won't have them
too much longer. At the moment KFC is eating (not all of it, though) the
poshest, most expensive tiny tins of really special cat food.

Improvement is good, even if it isn't perfection. It sounds like she
is having a nice time with the good food.

However...Boyfriend managed to catch a collared dove for her at last.

Good lad, Boyfie.

Normally, in full health it would take her two meals to eat it, i.e. one
day, all day on and off. I left the remains and she cleared it up the next
morning.
She has really improved since she ate it.
I am such a cat slave ;-) Most folks would clear out the body of a dove in
their house, but me, no, I assess if there is enough left on it for KFC to
want to eat later.

If Feather had been ill I am sure I would have been more understanding
about the half-mice. I hope so, anyway. However, we ran out of mice,
so I will never know. Collared Doves sound like chicken soup for the
feline soul.

My neighbour came round 5 minutes after I got home from work to see a house
full of feathers as Boyfie caught it while I was at work. A little
embarrassing re housekeeping, I suppose. Do I care? No.

This is all such good news. Long may she run. And you. And mighty
Boyfie, dove-winner.

Will in New Haven

--

"Long may you run.
Long may you run.

Neill Young - "Long May You Run"

Tweed

Old September 27th 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Christina Websell wrote:
Firstly, thank you to everyone who has posted purrs and prayers for her and
those who don't have time to say so but do it anyway (I am often in this
category myself.)

Yippee!!! I'm so glad KFC's rallied. An elegant b ird dinner does perk one up,
I imagine. Purrs continuing for the venerable lady.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old September 27th 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-09-26 15:02:12 -0500, "Christina Websell"
said:

[...]

I'm glad she is doing better!

Old September 27th 07, 05:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Great news, Tweed! Way to go KFC! Continuing purrs for your health.

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old September 27th 07, 08:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote

She is so much better than the dying cat she was last week. Boyfriend
managed to catch a collared dove for her at last.

Way To Go, Boyfriend!!!

Delighted to hear of the improvement.

If your visitor felt like she needed to comment, you could always have told
her "catch your own"

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old September 27th 07, 11:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
snip
However, whatever you lot were doing, keep doing it! It seems to be
working.
She is so much better than the dying cat she was last week. She presents
herself for breakfast and dinner again - could be to do with the extremely
expensive food she is now eating :-) No, I am just joking about that.
It has been my experience in CRF (with dogs) when they are beginning to get
into "I will not eat ordinary food" it is a sign that you won't have them
too much longer. At the moment KFC is eating (not all of it, though) the
poshest, most expensive tiny tins of really special cat food..

great news - keeping the purrs going here

However...Boyfriend managed to catch a collared dove for her at last.

WTG BF ;-)

Old September 27th 07, 12:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Christina Websell wrote:
Firstly, thank you to everyone who has posted purrs and prayers for
her and those who don't have time to say so but do it anyway (I am
often in this category myself.)
Secondly, here is the update I promised "after the weekend." No
improvement by Monday would have meant a TED visit for sure.

snip
My neighbour came round 5 minutes after I got home from work to see a
house full of feathers as Boyfie caught it while I was at work. A
little embarrassing re housekeeping, I suppose. Do I care? No.

Tweed

I'm so glad she's feeling better and that BF came through for her. Still
sending purrs and good thoughts.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old September 27th 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Glad to hear about KFC

And skritchie Boyfriend from me for being such a good gentlecat and bringing
her a collared dove

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old September 30th 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

I'm so glad to hear KFC is eating the expensive food you are buying for
her and the medicinal collared dove that Boyfie caught for her.
We will continue to send lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek