First Cat, "Willie", passes away

Old January 5th 09, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

Default First Cat, "Willie", passes away

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/05/cat-dies/

The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old January 6th 09, 01:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

"Magic Mood Jeep"
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/05/cat-dies/

Well, she was 18 years old and had a good life but I was according to Fox
News
'Willie" apparently couldn't bear life after the White House'.
'That' was the cause of her demise?

I didn't know the Bush's even had a cat.
I see the Prez walking his 2 d*gs, but never heard a cat mentioned.

Purrs for her safe trip to the Bridge
Kyla

The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old January 6th 09, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

--

I had no idea India was that old. She looked great in the Christmas
video a couple of years ago. 18 is a good old age.

Old January 6th 09, 04:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2009-01-05 18:16:44 -0600, "Kyla =^..^=" said:

"Magic Mood Jeep"
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/05/cat-dies/

Well, she was 18 years old and had a good life but I was according to Fox News
'Willie" apparently couldn't bear life after the White House'.
'That' was the cause of her demise?

I didn't know the Bush's even had a cat.
I see the Prez walking his 2 d*gs, but never heard a cat mentioned.

Purrs for her safe trip to the Bridge
Kyla

The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

She didn't like a lot of people. She was in the Christmas video a
couple of years ago and there were a few pictures, but I think she got
a bit p*ssy with strangers. She lived quietly in luxury. I believe the
bit about not bearing life after the White House was just some
hyperbole. I'm surprised they even reported it. Now, I sure didn't know
they called her "willie". Wonder why.

Old January 6th 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2009-01-05 14:16:20 -0600, "Magic Mood Jeep" said:

Oh my. They dressed her up for Halloween!

http://news.aol.com/article/first-ca...e-house/294182

Old January 6th 09, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Default Prettier picture here

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/01...y4700465.shtml

Old January 6th 09, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2009-01-05 21:10:30 -0600, Karen said:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/01...y4700465.shtml

OK OK I'll stop. But check out this pic! Wow, maybe she was relagated
to a carrier, but look at the honor guard!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unle...amily-cat.html

Old January 6th 09, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Default I lied

On 2009-01-05 21:12:08 -0600, Karen said:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/01...y4700465.shtml

OK OK I'll stop. But check out this pic! Wow, maybe she was relagated
to a carrier, but look at the honor guard!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unle...amily-cat.html

Who knew there were so many pics of India?

http://blogs.reuters.com/frontrow/fi.../indiacat1.jpg

Old January 6th 09, 04:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

"Karen"
On 2009-01-05 18:16:44 -0600, "Kyla =^..^=" said:

"Magic Mood Jeep"
[...]

She actually had 3 names,

Copied and pasted from Fox News
Named by a then-9-year-old Barbara Bush, the cat, who was also called
"Kitty" by the family, was given the name "India" after the former Texas
Ranger baseball player, Ruben Sierra, who was called El Indio.

When they went off to college, Barbara and Jenna left India at the White
House with President and Mrs. Bush.

"India was a beloved member of the Bush family for almost two decades. She
will be greatly missed," said the first lady's press secretary Sally
McDonough.

BTW, my deceased Mom's name was Willi short for Wilma.
Wonder if we should light a Candle for the kitty?
Kyla

Old January 6th 09, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen"
On 2009-01-05 14:16:20 -0600, "Magic Mood Jeep" said:

Oh my. They dressed her up for Halloween!

http://news.aol.com/article/first-ca...e-house/294182

LOL, how cute
Kyla