Kitty Farmcat gives cause for concern

Old January 8th 09, 04:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default Kitty Farmcat gives cause for concern

PURRS IN ROUTE
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
She's been so well over the past few months that I haven't said much here
about her. There are not any anecdotes to tell as she mainly sleeps by
the fire or on the spare bed, gets up for meals and drinks and sometimes
jumps on my knee and purrs her huge purr. She never goes out now,
although she could if she wanted.
She's been sneezing for the past couple of days. This morning she only
ate half her breakfast roast chicken and tonight she refused her chicken
completely and retired back in front of the fire. If she does not eat
tomorrow she will have a visit to TED. She had a severe upper respiratory
tract infection last year, so bad that TED was "discussing her future"
with me as she had diarrhoea too and was dehydrated.
It's very bad when TED discusses the future. It means Rainbow Bridge is
in sight and he told me to consider it then. However I found out that
cats with a bad URTI swallow their mucus and it can give them diarrhoea,
add to that she was wandering and getting lost and in a way I don't blame
TED for thinking it was time.
I knew it was not *time* so I insisted he treated her for her URTI and her
diarrhoea. He was a little reluctant - he could not see past her age at
first but he did it and she made a complete recovery.
I know she will not be with me for much longer, she is 24 now after all
and she has CRF which seems to be managed quite well with the rehydration
fluid that she agrees to drink very heartily.
It's just that damn infection she keeps getting that gives her that
blocked and runny nose. If she can't smell her food, she won't eat it.
TED said last time that her immune system is compromised - read it doesn't
work well - because of her extreme age. I knew that.
KFC could use a few purrs.

Tweed

Old January 8th 09, 06:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 19:55:11 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

[...]

Sending mega get well purrs for your dignified senior citizen kitty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein
Old January 8th 09, 10:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

It's just that damn infection she keeps getting that gives her that blocked
and runny nose. If she can't smell her food, she won't eat it. TED said
last time that her immune system is compromised - read it doesn't work
well - because of her extreme age. I knew that.
KFC could use a few purrs.

Purrs for her sinuses to clear up so she can smell her food and get
her appetite back!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old January 8th 09, 12:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

[...]

Mega purrs on the way for Kitty Farmcat. She is a much-loved member of the
community. I know how worried you must be so calming purrs for you, too.

Jill

Old January 8th 09, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Many, many purrs from us too.
Charleen,
Aggie Marble,
Victor Velcro,
Tiger and Tigger
and Jane.

Old January 8th 09, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Wonderful and caring idea Jill.
Charleen,
Aggie Marble,
Victor Velcro,
Tiger and Tigger,
and Jane.

Old January 9th 09, 05:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2009-01-07 13:55:11 -0600, "Christina Websell"
said:

[...]

I hope Kitty is ok. Her immune system may be compromised, but it can't
be horrible, given her age or the fact that she did recover last year.

Old January 9th 09, 12:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Jan 7, 2:55�pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
[...]

=====================================
Spiceypurrs skating across the frozen pond the UK.

Suz&Spicey
Old January 10th 09, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Wheels

Kyla =^..^= wrote:

"Dan M" ...

Purrs from Southern California as well.

Joy

And from mid-Iowa.

Dan

And lots as well from Kent, Washington

Kyla

Purrs from Purrth in Australia on the way too.