Princess just can't help it

Old January 15th 09, 08:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

Default Princess just can't help it

Now, don't get me wrong, Princess is a sweetheart about 90% of the
time. However, sometimes, when she gets excited, she just can't help
herself when she's playing with the other girls. I don't mind that
sometimes rough housing gets a little carried away and turns into
hissing. The only reason it becomes a problem is that sometimes
Princess won't stop, and chases one of the others into a corner where
the hissing looks like it could end up escalating. This happens
occasionally with everyone, but Princess is the only one that doesn't
stop when I tell her. When that happens she normally stops if I get
up, but sometimes even that doesn't stop her.,Then I end up giving her
a time out in the bathroom for a few minutes. It's kind of funny now,
though, because I don't have to carry her to the bathroom. She waits
until I'm about to bend over and pick her up, and then she runs to the
bathroom on her own. I never leave her in there for more than a few
minutes, but about half the time she stays in there after I open the
door and give her a few pettings to let her know I'm not mad at her. I
guess being in the bathroom doesn't bother her because she sometimes
chooses to take nap in there.
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old January 15th 09, 02:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Spot[_2_]

I had a cat who would get like this. I found that he needed a day to
himself without any other cats. About once a week I would put him in the
backroom by himself for the day. It wasn't a punishment it was a mini
vacation for him. After a while I'd just say come on lets go on vacation
and he'd run to the room and wait for me to put his litter box & food in for
him.

Celeste

--
Save 25% or more on your eBay® auctions
Snipe eBay Auctions with Bidnip

news

Old January 17th 09, 06:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2009-01-15 01:43:54 -0600, Steve Touchstone
said:

[...]

Ha! She probably enjoys the time off.

Old January 17th 09, 08:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On 2009-01-15 01:43:54 -0600, Steve Touchstone
said:

[...]

She'd probably be better in a smaller group. She's by far the most
jealous, and I sometimes think she gets in trouble on purpose just for
the attention and cuddles she gets when her time outs are over.
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
and Rocky (RB)
Pix at http://tinyurl.com/22pfn8
Vids at http://tinyurl.com/4yb6nj

My Little Princess Clangnuts Cat anecdotes 7 May 25th 06 09:31 PM
Princess is gone Tara K. Cat anecdotes 48 April 28th 05 07:58 PM
Princess is gone Tara K. Cat community 44 April 28th 05 07:58 PM
Princess is gone Tara K. Cat rescue 42 April 28th 05 07:58 PM
Not a 100% princess O J Cat anecdotes 6 December 12th 04 05:46 AM