Snoopy's at the vets

Old January 13th 09, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Snoopy's at the vets UPDATE

"Adrian" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:
I noticed this morning that Snoopy was straining to pee but was
unable to go. I took her straight to vet, as they were in surgery I
had to leave her and was told to call at 4pm. As you can imagine I'm
*very* worried, while she may not be as old as KFC at almost 19 she's
no spring chicken. I'll be on tenterhooks until I know what's
happening. :-(

She's home again, poor girl has Cystitis. I know from people that have
suffered from it that it is very painfull but at least it's not life
threatening. She was given a pain killing injection and put on a course of
tablets, the vet wants to see her again in the morning just to make sure
but as you can imagine I'm very relieved.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Oh poor baby! I know how painful just a UTI is. Purrs of comfort are
heading her way.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 13th 09, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Adrian" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:
I noticed this morning that Snoopy was straining to pee but was
unable to go. I took her straight to vet, as they were in surgery I
had to leave her and was told to call at 4pm. As you can imagine I'm
*very* worried, while she may not be as old as KFC at almost 19 she's
no spring chicken. I'll be on tenterhooks until I know what's
happening. :-(

She's home again, poor girl has Cystitis. I know from people that have
suffered from it that it is very painfull but at least it's not life
threatening. She was given a pain killing injection and put on a course of
tablets, the vet wants to see her again in the morning just to make sure
but as you can imagine I'm very relieved.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Poor Snoopy-- but what a relief. Purrs for her to get well fast.

--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old January 13th 09, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Adrian wrote:
Adrian wrote:
I noticed this morning that Snoopy was straining to pee but was
unable to go. I took her straight to vet, as they were in surgery I
had to leave her and was told to call at 4pm. As you can imagine I'm
*very* worried, while she may not be as old as KFC at almost 19 she's
no spring chicken. I'll be on tenterhooks until I know what's
happening. :-(

She's home again, poor girl has Cystitis. I know from people that have
suffered from it that it is very painfull but at least it's not life
threatening. She was given a pain killing injection and put on a course of
tablets, the vet wants to see her again in the morning just to make sure but
as you can imagine I'm very relieved.

Sending purrs that Snoopy will heal promptly. Best wishes for a happy
New Year to you and your crew. MLB
Old January 13th 09, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jan 13, 7:36*am, "Adrian" wrote:
Adrian wrote:

She's home again, poor girl has Cystitis. I know from people that have
suffered from it that it is very painfull but at least it's not life
threatening. She was given a pain killing injection and put on a course of
tablets, the vet wants to see her again in the morning just to make sure but
as you can imagine I'm very relieved.

Poor Snoopy I've had cystitis (once but you never forget it) so I am
in complere sympathy "Very painful" is an understatement- we are
sending purrs that she feels better soon

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old January 13th 09, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:36:52 -0000, "Adrian" wrote:

Adrian wrote:
I noticed this morning that Snoopy was straining to pee but was
unable to go. I took her straight to vet, as they were in surgery I
had to leave her and was told to call at 4pm. As you can imagine I'm
*very* worried, while she may not be as old as KFC at almost 19 she's
no spring chicken. I'll be on tenterhooks until I know what's
happening. :-(

She's home again, poor girl has Cystitis. I know from people that have
suffered from it that it is very painfull but at least it's not life
threatening. She was given a pain killing injection and put on a course of
tablets, the vet wants to see her again in the morning just to make sure but
as you can imagine I'm very relieved.

lots of purrs coming for a quick recovering
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old January 14th 09, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

Saw your post after the update, Adrian -- many purrs coming for Snoopy and
for your nerves!
Christine

Old January 14th 09, 06:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Adrian wrote:

She's home again, poor girl has Cystitis. I know from people that have
suffered from it that it is very painfull but at least it's not life
threatening. She was given a pain killing injection and put on a course of
tablets, the vet wants to see her again in the morning just to make sure but
as you can imagine I'm very relieved.

As a fellow sufferer, Licky sends his sympathies! I'm glad she's not
blocked, or facing any serious illness or treatments.

Purrs for her bladder (or kidneys?) to settle down and her pain to
subside.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old January 14th 09, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:
I noticed this morning that Snoopy was straining to pee but was
unable to go. I took her straight to vet, as they were in surgery I
had to leave her and was told to call at 4pm. As you can imagine I'm
*very* worried, while she may not be as old as KFC at almost 19 she's
no spring chicken. I'll be on tenterhooks until I know what's
happening. :-(

She's home again, poor girl has Cystitis. I know from people that have
suffered from it that it is very painfull but at least it's not life
threatening. She was given a pain killing injection and put on a course of
tablets, the vet wants to see her again in the morning just to make sure
but as you can imagine I'm very relieved.

I didn't switch the computer on yesterday or I'd have sent purrs. I'm glad
to hear it's cystitis and nothing worse. I'm not going to say *only*
cystitis as you've been told correctly, it's very painful, I've had it
myself a couple of times. It's bad enough that it's agony to pee without it
seeming to be necessary to want to go again almost before you've got out of
the bathroom. Fortunately it usually responds quickly to antibiotics.
Poor Snoopy has my greatest sympathy. 48 hours should see her feeling very
much better.

Tweed

Old January 17th 09, 05:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2009-01-13 09:36:52 -0600, "Adrian" said:

Adrian wrote:
I noticed this morning that Snoopy was straining to pee but was
unable to go. I took her straight to vet, as they were in surgery I
had to leave her and was told to call at 4pm. As you can imagine I'm
*very* worried, while she may not be as old as KFC at almost 19 she's
no spring chicken. I'll be on tenterhooks until I know what's
happening. :-(

She's home again, poor girl has Cystitis. I know from people that have
suffered from it that it is very painfull but at least it's not life
threatening. She was given a pain killing injection and put on a course
of tablets, the vet wants to see her again in the morning just to make
sure but as you can imagine I'm very relieved.

How is she doing? I hope she is feeling much better.

Old January 17th 09, 10:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

On 2009-01-13 09:36:52 -0600, "Adrian" said:

Adrian wrote:
I noticed this morning that Snoopy was straining to pee but was
unable to go. I took her straight to vet, as they were in surgery I
had to leave her and was told to call at 4pm. As you can imagine I'm
*very* worried, while she may not be as old as KFC at almost 19
she's no spring chicken. I'll be on tenterhooks until I know what's
happening. :-(

She's home again, poor girl has Cystitis. I know from people that
have suffered from it that it is very painfull but at least it's not
life threatening. She was given a pain killing injection and put on
a course of tablets, the vet wants to see her again in the morning
just to make sure but as you can imagine I'm very relieved.

How is she doing? I hope she is feeling much better.

Yes, she's back to her normal self. Another three days of anti-biotics which
I'm not looking forward to giving her. I wish pill pockets were avaiable in
England, I would have to get them from the USA and by the time they arrived
she would have finished the course. Could anyone tell me what sort of shelf
life they have? It may be worth buying some in case I need them in the
future.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart