Little Boy - hoolicat

Old December 18th 05, 12:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Little Boy - hoolicat

Mark Edwards wrote:
Little Boy has started displaying his personality, and it's pure
hoolicat.

He is somewhere around two years old, judging by his face, so he's
still very near his kittenhood. Emphasis on the "hood" part (grin).

In the morning, he likes to run back and forth between the back room
and the front room. Over and over and over. We don't know why. At
least he doesn't run into walls like that dog in the sitcom.

When he uses the littler box, he digs all of the previous deposits out
of the box, and onto the floor. Then leaves a big empty spot in the
litter box, that used to be covered with litter. The other cats really
hate this.

Little Boy has been TRYING to involve Little Feet in a game of chase.
This means that Little Boy starts chasing Little Feet, who runs away,
and then hides under something. Every now and then, I do see Little
Feet swat at Little Boy, but I can't tell if it's to get even or to
play back.

Little Boy's favorite spot is atop the cat tree next to the hallway.

From here, he reaches out and grabs anyone who walks by, and demands
pets, skritches, and tummy rubs. Sometimes he springs the tummy trap
with claws (gently), but most of the time with headbutts and purrs.

In the evening and morning, when I gave him his Clavamox (for the
abscess on his leg), he started running away and hiding after being
dosed. So I started cuddling him and telling him what a good boy he is
afterwards, and he doesn't run away now. He had his last dose tonight,
so yay!

I had opened a 25-pound bag of cat food to dump into the food bin.
This really fascinated Little Boy. After I put the empty bag on the
floor, he climbed inside the bag and played. He saw the string from
opening the bag, and began batting at it. So I started teasing him
with the string.

Around here, when one cat plays, they all play. Inside of seconds, I
had Buster, Little Feet and Dulce Mae wanting to play with the string
as well. It was a grand free for all, and only by being VERY careful,
did I keep Dulce Mae from pounding Little Boy.

Well, later that night, I heard little claws in the carpet noises by
the back door.

Carefully, I looked around the corner, and Little Boy was sitting in
front of the string. Every now and then, he would look around, then he
would pounce the string. He'd stop, look around again, then repeat.

I couldn't help snickkering at this behavior, at which time he sat
back just a few more inches, and gave me an "I am SOOOO totally
innocent" look.

This morning, Senyah and I woke up, but didn't get out of bed.
Saturdays are NICE for lazing about and cuddling. Little Feet is still
dozing above my pillow, and Dulce Mae is at my feet.

Little Boy decides to come join us.

Little Boy stations himself between out pillows. He sniffs Little Feet
who ignores him. Little Boy sticks his head under the blanket, the
pulls it out and gives Senyah a "WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING?!?"
look.

Senyah just tells him, "Don't worry, I'm not hurting him," and Little
Boy settles down right next to little Feet and tries to snooze,
although he does give Senyah an accusing glare now and then...

Later this morning, Buster and Little Boy are standing in the door to
the kitchen. Both have grey stripes, although Little Boy has a lot
more brown fur, and no white on his paws. They look at me, then at
each other, and back at me. I ask, "Excuse me, but are you two
related?"

No answer, but I wouldn't be at all surprised...

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

I *do* enjoy your stories :-)
--