Odessa purrs again, please...?

Old September 19th 07, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Default Odessa purrs again, please...?

Lucky for us that Louie stayed home from work; Odessa started a dry
coiuighing that was thereatening to turn into choking. He's running her to
the vet now. Hopefully all it'll take is another steroid shot to reduce the
throat inflammation, it worked the last time for her; otherwise it's xrays
and a laryn-something exam. I do not want to think of this...

At least she wants to eat and tore into her chow with a sense of gusto. We'd
gotten a thing going where we'd make a mix of regular pate type cate food
with aby food and broth to make it smooth--and do you have any idea how tough
it is to find that loaf or pate style, instead of chunks and gravy? I'm
thinking of getting one of those Magic Bullet things off that obnoxious,
phony infomercial because the bad reviews (that it just purees stuff) are
just what Dolly needs.

I've been full of worry about our Dolly, and Louie too; he's even taking time
off his class today, to go to the vet, bless him. And I'm sorry I've come
across as consumed when many others here need me to pull for them too. If a
few could be spared for our Doll we'd be grateful though. I'm on my break
(and I'm being expected to do free work on my spare time, damn these yutzes!)
and I'm getting dizzy with worry.

Thanks, all. I don't tkae enough time to tell you that.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old September 19th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote in message news:78769d1874596@uwe...
[...]

Purrs for all of you!

Joy

Old September 20th 07, 05:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
I've been full of worry about our Dolly, and Louie too; he's even taking time
off his class today, to go to the vet, bless him. And I'm sorry I've come
across as consumed when many others here need me to pull for them too. If a
few could be spared for our Doll we'd be grateful though. I'm on my break
(and I'm being expected to do free work on my spare time, damn these yutzes!)
and I'm getting dizzy with worry.

Purrs still on-going for your Dolly.

Old September 20th 07, 11:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Baha wrote:
Lucky for us that Louie stayed home from work; Odessa started a dry
coiuighing that was thereatening to turn into choking. He's running her to
the vet now.

Purrs for Odessa (and probably purrs for the vet as well, who may be getting
a well aimed gas attack)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old September 20th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

[...]

Poor little gal-- she's had enough of these little bedevilments. Purrs.

Old September 20th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

I'm so sorry to hear that Odessa continues to have problems with
her throat. Healing purrs coming for her and comforting purrs coming
for
you and Louie.

Debbie with good thoughts,
Daisy, Anna, Sabrina, Patty, and Patience generating purrs.

Old September 20th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

The 'roids seem to have done some good; when she gets her cough it lasts a
much shorter time now. No word on whether the vet is still standing or if she
had to be taken in for oxygen deprivation though; however, I got an ill wind
that blew no good when I tried to give her the anitbiotic last night!

The lymph nodes in the throat, which had started out unnaturally huge three
weeks ago, have shrunk to normal, but the irritation remains. I suppose
that's normal too, that there should be inflammation after the major part of
an infection clears. And I know the Odessa-Doll wants to eat, which is a big
part of the problem. She's a little piggy. I set down a handmade mush last
night, and apparently didn't get all the lumps out because she started an
ahem-fit early this morning (as is habit; she's like a baby, and the
exhausted Mama has had little sleep.) after taking a few good bites. I don't
suppose anyone knows if one of those stick-blender things can turn cat food
into something as smooth as ketchup?

Blessed be,
Baha

Old September 20th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Healing purrs are on the way, Baha! Let us know how she makes out at the
vet, please?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 21st 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

CatNipped wrote:
Healing purrs are on the way, Baha! Let us know how she makes out at the
vet, please?

Oh, you got it. The vet actually said she was progressing nicely but we have
this vicious-circle thing going: tonsillitis, laryngitis, epiglottal
irritation caused by gingival bacteria and the tube to sedate her for
emergency surgery; we got the infectiion part under wraps with the antibiotic,
but the irritation & inflammation remains, and part of the cause is even
"smooth" canned food. We need to find a way to make it the consistency of
baby food, or ketchup. Dolly can lap that up n o problem; I even gave her
baby food a few days ago and it was the only thing she could chow down
without coughing. One of the problems is that she eats with the voracity of a
long-haul trucker at a rest stop, or a buck private after a hard day in boot
camp, and this contributes to the ongoing inflammation. I feel a little less
nervous...a little. It's my tendency to worry and guilt myself into pure
stupidity. But I promise to keep you all posted... and thanks to everyone for
pulling for my little one.

Blessed be,
Baha

Can Odessa have a few more purrs? Baha via CatKB.com Cat anecdotes 17 September 10th 07 10:15 PM
Odessa purrs please! Baha via CatKB.com Cat anecdotes 7 August 19th 07 10:14 PM
Mad Odessa Singh Cat anecdotes 3 June 14th 06 03:44 AM
Odessa, you little brat! Singh Cat anecdotes 10 December 13th 04 03:47 AM
WELCOME ODESSA!!! Singh Cat anecdotes 87 October 20th 04 04:55 AM