Quick Patches update

Old January 10th 09, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

Default Quick Patches update

I had someone who wanted to take her if I wanted to rehome her, but after
having her here I'm getting too attached, so she's staying. She even seems
to have a little PTSD because she cringes sometimes when I go to pet her. I
know that isn't always in an indication with cats, though. Sometimes they
just don't like hands coming at them suddenly.

Any way, when I'm home now I leave her door open a little so she can come
out. She still retreats there if she wants to sleep or eat, so it's
definitely "her" room. She mostly gets along with everyone but Scarlett.
There are some hisses with the others, but just little warnings and then
everyone moves on their way. But Scarlett just follows her around and still
sometimes won't move for her to leave or enter a room or up or down the
stairs, and Patches is hesitant to walk past her so closely. Sometimes
there are loud howls from Patches to try to get Scarlett to move, but so far
no fighting, biting or wrestling. Some little swats, but nothing that draws
blood. When the howling starts I figure they've each had enough of each
other and I separate them by putting Patches back in her room and secure the
screen door. She seems very ok with this.

So all in all, it seems to be working out so far.

--
Cheryl

Old January 11th 09, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"Cheryl" wrote in message
[...]

I'm glad that you're keeping Patches, seems very fitting, I think she
belongs with you.
Karla

Old January 11th 09, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Jan 10, 6:22�pm, "Karla" wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message

[...]

Karla- Hide quoted text -

============================
As a fellow Tortie slave I'm glad to.
Suz&Spicey
Old January 11th 09, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2009-01-10 15:10:35 -0600, "Cheryl" said:

[...]

Sounds a lot like Pearl and Sugar in the beginning. THey actually play
occasionally now....although "Sugar stalking" still has a lot of appeal
for Pearl.

Old January 12th 09, 05:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Cheryl wrote:

So all in all, it seems to be working out so far.

It sounds really good. Purrs for continued progress.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Patches pic Cheryl Cat anecdotes 10 January 2nd 09 12:24 AM
Tryboot tu Patches Paula Cat community 4 November 2nd 05 01:42 AM
Quick Jackie update dgk Cat health & behaviour 10 September 17th 04 02:21 AM