KFC

Old January 17th 09, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default KFC

She is still very unwell and the antibiotic she got to hopefully clear her
nose has not worked up to now, neither is the steroid working to increase
her appetite.
Her nose is streaming with green gunge now. She does seem to want to eat
though but refuses it because she cannot smell it. It's heartbreaking.
She will go back to TED on Monday and see what we can do for her.

Old January 17th 09, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

She is still very unwell and the antibiotic she got to hopefully clear her
nose has not worked up to now, neither is the steroid working to increase
her appetite.
Her nose is streaming with green gunge now. She does seem to want to eat
though but refuses it because she cannot smell it. It's heartbreaking.
She will go back to TED on Monday and see what we can do for her.

I'm sorry she's not getting any better. Sounds like it might be
bacterial (or is it yellow mucus you get with bacterial infections -
I forget). Is she still on antibiotics?

I wonder if she'd eat something more smelly. I know she refuses most
food other than roast chicken, but maybe since she can't smell, she
might behave a bit differently.

Purrs for her to get better soon!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old January 17th 09, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

She is still very unwell and the antibiotic she got to hopefully clear
her
nose has not worked up to now, neither is the steroid working to
increase
her appetite.
Her nose is streaming with green gunge now. She does seem to want to eat
though but refuses it because she cannot smell it. It's heartbreaking.
She will go back to TED on Monday and see what we can do for her.

I'm sorry she's not getting any better. Sounds like it might be
bacterial (or is it yellow mucus you get with bacterial infections -
I forget). Is she still on antibiotics?

I wonder if she'd eat something more smelly. I know she refuses most
food other than roast chicken, but maybe since she can't smell, she
might behave a bit differently.

Salmon pate rejected. Sardines in tomato sauce ditto. She cannot smell
anything and refuses to eat. It's very worrying.

Old January 17th 09, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

wrote in message

I wonder if she'd eat something more smelly. I know she refuses most
food other than roast chicken, but maybe since she can't smell, she
might behave a bit differently.

Salmon pate rejected. Sardines in tomato sauce ditto. She cannot smell
anything and refuses to eat. It's very worrying.

Oh, poor Kitty! You're right, I don't think you can get more smelly than
sardines. Purrs for her to get through the weekend OK and get over this
infection soon. Licky sends his special loud purrs.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old January 17th 09, 11:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

I'm so sorry - do you have a 24-hr vet in your area? Maybe you can get her
in tomorrow? Sounds like she needs a different antibiotic. Have you tried
a jar of baby food chicken or turkey? Maybe you could get her to eat out of
your hand? Purrs coming.
Christine

Old January 17th 09, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Jan 17, 5:13*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
She is still very unwell and the antibiotic she got to hopefully clear her
nose has not worked up to now, neither is the steroid working to increase
her appetite.
Her nose is streaming with green gunge now. She does seem to want to eat
though but refuses it because she cannot smell it. *It's heartbreaking.
She will go back to TED on Monday and see what we can do for her.

Are you able to squeeze a bit of food into her cheek? Something like
chicken baby food. She's probably hungry, but her instinct tells her
not to eat what she can't smell. I remember my vet once told me that
cats rarely eat something that's gone bad or poisoned because it's
against their nature. Which is probably why since KFC can't smell her
food, she won't eat it. Maybe try a plastic syringe filled with baby
food and squeeze it into the side of her mouth, bit by bit. She'll
have to swallow. (Our vet had given us a plastic syringe once for
medicine and it has quite a big opening.)

Good luck,
Bobble
Old January 18th 09, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

wrote

(Our vet had given us a plastic syringe once for
medicine and it has quite a big opening.)

An ear syringe works well, too. You might want to cut a little off the tip
to make the opening larger.

Old January 18th 09, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs for her, and for you.

--
Joy

There is, incidentally, no way of talking about cats that enables one to
come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

Old January 18th 09, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2009-01-17 16:13:35 -0600, "Christina Websell"
said:

She is still very unwell and the antibiotic she got to hopefully clear
her nose has not worked up to now, neither is the steroid working to
increase her appetite.
Her nose is streaming with green gunge now. She does seem to want to
eat though but refuses it because she cannot smell it. It's
heartbreaking.
She will go back to TED on Monday and see what we can do for her.

Oh dear. Can you make the bathroom steamy and sit her in it for a
while? Sometimes that helps with a gunky nose.

Old January 18th 09, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 22:13:35 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

She is still very unwell and the antibiotic she got to hopefully clear her
nose has not worked up to now, neither is the steroid working to increase
her appetite.
Her nose is streaming with green gunge now. She does seem to want to eat
though but refuses it because she cannot smell it. It's heartbreaking.
She will go back to TED on Monday and see what we can do for her.

purring for her congestion to leave and appetite to ret run
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby